Staff

Poll: Kids are gross all around. But the grossest of the gross for me is:
  • 44.3% - Stinky poop 333
  • 19.7% - Green snot 148
  • 2.9% - Messy eating 22
  • 31.8% - Spit up/puke 239
  • 1.3% - Other (comments, please) 10
752 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

When you check in to your hotel room and there is hair in the tub/shower.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

This worked out for me. Doctor and wife have been on me to take off some pounds. Came to WOOT this morning BEFORE BREAKFAST and saw this and the choices. Skipping breakfast now. It was all bad but the green snot.......
That did it!

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

Eventually the poop thing gets learned and they take care of it themselves but puke.. puke is a parents job forever.

aynthem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aynthem

The entire concept of having to handle another human's bodily excretions is enough to make me lose breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Good thing I never had kids, eh?

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
polkastria wrote:Eventually the poop thing gets learned and they take care of it themselves but puke.. puke is a parents job forever.

My daughter would only puke on me for the first 4 years of her life. I am immune to puke now. She did get my wife when she was 5 though...

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

poo is bad but generally it is in the diaper..

Vomit can go anywhere, and happen at the worst time, like int he middle of the night, getting the bed all yuck. So you have to change the sheets in the middle of the night, plus wash their favorite blankie or pillow too.

Plus, kids can possibly choke if they vomit in the middle of the night. I would have said it was highly unlikely until it happened to one of our dearest friends, what a sad way to lose a precious child.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

We live in allergy central and kids with green snot coming out of their nose totally grosses me out. I can't even bring myself to look at them if I have to talk to them.
I always carried around a handkerchief when my kids were babies to make sure that they were NEVER snot-nosed kids. Then, starting at a VERY early age, I taught them to blow their own nose.

If you sleep on your stomach you can't choke on your vomit, just ask John Bonham. Oh, that's right, you can't because he was passed out in a chair when he choked on his.

janse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janse

Where is the all of the above option? Everything about children is disgusting.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Nothing worse than holding your toddler and that toddler suddenly turning into a fountain of vomit covering your whole front of your body in that evening's dinner, all the snot the kid swallowed, and any other fun liquids the kid ingested (grape juice is really fun since it makes the throw up purple).

All you can do is hold the kid close and try to catch all the throwup on you and your kid so that you don't have to spend an extra hour trying to take the color & smell off the couch and carpet.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Don't forget the poop that got away.
Out of the diaper and all over the walls, the crib and the baby!
Finger painting poop.
Every child has at least one in their life.
The baby has no problem with it. They are usually all smiles when you find them.
Ugh

There is also the not so disgusting, but amazing little boy pee that can shoot way over their head and hit the wall behind the changing table!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

The worst to me is when I see kids with snot or crusty crap around their noses. Yuck! Seriously gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

I thankfully ended up with a kid that is rarely sick. She's almost 10 and I have had to clean up puke less than 5 times in her entire life. She's always been very good about making it to the bathroom instead of spewing on the floor or her bed.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Kids not washing their hands after using the bathroom/before eating/after touching their own snot.

Puke isn't that bad. Mostly undigested food chunks, water/milk/juice with a little bit of stomach acid. Poop's been through their entire digestive tract and refined into a stinky, bacteria-filled nugget.