WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Church?
  • 17.5% - Yes, every Sunday. Even if my kid doesn’t want to go. 136
  • 17.8% - Yes… generally. Sometimes we just can’t make it for whatever reason. 138
  • 9.1% - Sometimes, yes. Like Christmas and Easter and when Grandma visits. 71
  • 10.4% - Probably not. But if they ever ask to go, sure, I’ll take ‘em. 81
  • 14.5% - Not at all. I have better things to do on Sunday and so do my kids. 113
  • 30.6% - My faith or personal belief doesn’t fit any of these patterns. Thanks for remembering I exist. 238
777 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I always wondered, if Sunday is supposedly the day of rest, why people spend so much time and effort to dress up for church. I implore everyone to show up in their jammies. I mean, the choir and the priest/pastor are already wearing robes, why can't we?

The service would be so much more relaxed.

IDisposable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IDisposable

at my house, every Sunday night. Really.

itsmefawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsmefawn

I attend church on Saturday, which is my Sabbath. I am Seventh-day Adventist.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

My husband goes, and I at times to amuse him and his in laws will show up and sit outside of service and read a book.

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

best thing about converting to atheism: no more friday nights at services and sleeping in on saturdays (when the kids let me).

raisedtopraise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raisedtopraise

I put the first one but my kids love church, always have. Faith is a huge part of our lives, it is who we are.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

My son goes to Sunday School.

Does that count?

Krisis86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Krisis86

We actually started going to church because my son was so...spiritual? I don't know. He was 18 months old an obsessed with churches. And temples (we are Latter Day Saints/Mormon.) So we started going to church 3 years ago, and haven't missed much since because he knows when Sunday is and throws a huge fit if we miss.

I like going to church but sometimes I just wanna stay home in my jammies. Dang kid and trying to do the right thing by him.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches
knobody wrote:best thing about converting to atheism: no more friday nights at services and sleeping in on saturdays (when the kids let me).

Amen!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

This may sound overly pedantic, but "Church" is one of the most missused words in our language. A Church is not a building you go to. It is a group of spiritually like minded people who share fellowship in a common form of worship. When one talks of "my Church" they should be referring to the people they worship with -what is commonly called their Congregation- not the building they worship in. One can no more "go to Church" than they can "go to family." Your Church is always with you, even if you remain ungathered.

Moueska

knobody wrote:best thing about converting to atheism: no more friday nights at services and sleeping in on saturdays (when the kids let me).

I've rarely, if ever, had Friday or Saturday services. What cult did YOU belong to!?

Moueska

Krisis86 wrote:We actually started going to church because my son was so...spiritual? I don't know. He was 18 months old an obsessed with churches. And temples (we are Latter Day Saints/Mormon.) So we started going to church 3 years ago, and haven't missed much since because he knows when Sunday is and throws a huge fit if we miss.

I like going to church but sometimes I just wanna stay home in my jammies. Dang kid and trying to do the right thing by him.

"I sure can respect that..." - The King, Cars