WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

All The Best Science Goes Poof

Science is hard, but fair. Give it less than your best… well, GIGO, right? But if you respect the cosmic forces that bind us together, you'll open a world that can be understood… and mastered. So step it up, Freshman Doom. One day, you'll get that doctorate.
Poof-Slinky official site

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

If you love headaches and disappointment, I suggest you buy that Crystal Radio kit. Instructions (even the included pictures) are awful and many people had to go and bug a different diode to actually get it to work. You also need lilliputian fingers to be able to get the things together.

thehell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehell

Bionic Ear - It really bugs me when I can find the exact same thing on Amazon for $23.00 (with free shipping when your order is over 25 bucks) And there is another version (that looks the same) called the "Educational Insights Sonic Sleuth" for $21.46!

WootTheHell?

macmic6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages macmic6

Night Vision glasses.
You would think that WOOT would know that it's parent company sells these for less. $15.54 Amazon Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Slinky-Science-Spyhawk-Vision-Goggles/dp/B00177XI4A

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
George S. Patton

editorkid

quality posts: 93 Private Messages editorkid

For $7 the Kitchen Chemistry set lets me make flip-flop slime?! I can eat that right off the flip-flops I have now for free...

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming

Awesome that some parts of some of these kits have not changed in 40+ years. The giant beige earphone (& twisty wire) to the radio... the switches on the circuit board kit... probably most of everything just with updated packaging...

padraicr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages padraicr

The dinosaur is not a T-rex, it has too many fingers. Personally I don't care, but my child would be disappointed. Never underestimate the passion of a boy and his dinosaur knowledge!

mb93234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mb93234
padraicr wrote:The dinosaur is not a T-rex, it has too many fingers. Personally I don't care, but my child would be disappointed. Never underestimate the passion of a boy and his dinosaur knowledge!

You sure about that?

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/10/17/tyrannosaurus-dinosaur.html

dragrednos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragrednos3

Don't get that "Treasure Tracker" for you kid unless you also teach him/her the Metal Detecting Code of Ethics http://gometaldetecting.com/Code-of-Ethics.htm and get them an experienced and responsible detectorist to help them get started. Might just as well get a good detector that you too can use (not this toy).

thehell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehell

Interesting that they dropped the price on the Poof-Slinky Bionic Ear by $11 the day after my first comment. But too little, too late -- already ordered from Amazon!

WootTheHell?

keaton21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keaton21

Unfortunately, they are not deals if Amazon offers it for less.