Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Xavier

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xavier

These have been recalled!!

- Xavier

StephenCarboni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StephenCarboni

The Bumbo seats were recalled at one point so I hope this isn't one of those models.

StephenCarboni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StephenCarboni
Xavier wrote:These have been recalled!!

Dang, you beat me too it. :D Isn't the woot community great.

ktscott01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktscott01

Looks like they have belts now so when your kids falls off the counter he can fall with the seat strapped to him.

But really we have the old one and my kid never fell out. She would have had to really move to fall out of there.

nimpek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimpek

heres a link to info regarding the recall.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/story/2012-08-15/Bumbo-infant-floor-seat-recalled/57068158/1

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

StephenCarboni wrote:The Bumbo seats were recalled at one point so I hope this isn't one of those models.

If you go to the sale page, you'll see all kinds of info about these seats per the voluntary recall in big bold letters.

http://kids.woot.com/offers/bumbo-floor-seat-w-play-tray-1

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt

This already includes the piece that was added from the recall (The buckle).

I use two of them, for my kids, and both work fine. Don't leave your kids sitting somewhere high in this seat (Or anything else), and it pretty much works exactly as intended.

Wolffhardt

ktscott01 wrote:Looks like they have belts now so when your kids falls off the counter he can fall with the seat strapped to him.

But really we have the old one and my kid never fell out. She would have had to really move to fall out of there.

Not to be a tool, but you seriously let your kid sit on the counter in this?

Don't be an pirate, and these work perfectly fine (Even without the buckle).

somewhiteguy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages somewhiteguy

We own one without the seatbelt and with the attachable tray and love it. It's a great light-weight way to feed your baby while traveling. Ignore the recalls. They are for the people who put their babies in one of these on top of a ladder and go take a bath. If you can't figure out that you need to watch your baby at all times in something like this, you need to ask someone for help.

Countryboy0211

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Countryboy0211

No. There was a recall but it was not one where you took or gave back the item. The recall was for the installation of a belt, which, from the picture, these already have installed.

I own a bumbo and had to register on a website and they sent me the belt for free - which I had to then install.

These are good to go assuming that they do in fact have the belt.

epsy06

quality posts: 3 Private Messages epsy06
Xavier wrote:These have been recalled!!

Here's an article about the recall:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48668317/ns/health-childrens_health/#.UCukHE1lQTZ

Bottomline - the recall is to design more warnings for proper use due to children falling out of bumbos on elevated surfaces and getting skull fractures.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Countryboy0211 wrote:No. There was a recall but it was not one where you took or gave back the item. The recall was for the installation of a belt, which, from the picture, these already have installed.

I own a bumbo and had to register on a website and they sent me the belt for free - which I had to then install.

These are good to go assuming that they do in fact have the belt.

They are, in fact, shipped with the modification kit.

Wolffhardt

epsy06 wrote:Here's an article about the recall:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48668317/ns/health-childrens_health/#.UCukHE1lQTZ

Bottomline - the recall is to design more warnings for proper use due to children falling out of bumbos on elevated surfaces and getting skull fractures.

i.e. If you shouldn't have had children to begin with, you really shouldn't buy this chair either.

clangaiscioch

quality posts: 8 Private Messages clangaiscioch

I don't see the point in forcibly getting your kids to sit up straight before they are ready, so by the time my kids could sit up unassisted they were way too chubby to fit in a Bumbo.

As for the recall, it's a problem regarding parental common sense. Don't leave your child unattended on a counter. Don't let them ride home on the roof of your vehicle in the midst of a hurricane...come on.

Wolffhardt

clangaiscioch wrote:I don't see the point in forcibly getting your kids to sit up straight before they are ready, so by the time my kids could sit up unassisted they were way too chubby to fit in a Bumbo.

As for the recall, it's a problem regarding parental common sense. Don't leave your child unattended on a counter. Don't let them ride home on the roof of your vehicle in the midst of a hurricane...come on.

Have you ever been sitting on the floor, and wished that you had something to sit in instead that was comfortable?

So does your child. Not to mention, you make it sound like you're forcing your child to do something they don't want to do. Every child that I've seen using these, seems to be pretty darn happy to be sitting upright.

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory
somewhiteguy wrote:We own one without the seatbelt and with the attachable tray and love it. It's a great light-weight way to feed your baby while traveling. Ignore the recalls. They are for the people who put their babies in one of these on top of a ladder and go take a bath. If you can't figure out that you need to watch your baby at all times in something like this, you need to ask someone for help.

LOL!!! That is exactly what I thought when I saw the recall. Stupid stupid stupid. Watch your child!!!!

elveez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elveez
Wolffhardt wrote:Not to be a tool, but you seriously let your kid sit on the counter in this?

Don't be an pirate, and these work perfectly fine (Even without the buckle).

Could not agree more, if you are stupid enough to leave your kid on the counter in this... not sure what to tell you - it's just natural selection, your genes will not propagate for a reason...

---
elveez is alive

clangaiscioch

Wolffhardt wrote:Have you ever been sitting on the floor, and wished that you had something to sit in instead that was comfortable?

So does your child. Not to mention, you make it sound like you're forcing your child to do something they don't want to do. Every child that I've seen using these, seems to be pretty darn happy to be sitting upright.

Use a bouncy seat, a swing, an Ergo, a tummy time mat or just hold the gremlin. I've seen so many kids that are barely able to hold their heads up flopped over in a Bumbo seat, drooling on themselves with their heads lolling on their shoulder for some bizarre photo op that it's just sad.

There's nothing wrong with using one once the child can sit up, but forcing the issue is a bad idea. Developmentally, they can hinder the child. There's plenty of press on the subject and parents should think more about what's age appropriate.

sonja711

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sonja711
clangaiscioch wrote:Use a bouncy seat, a swing, an Ergo, a tummy time mat or just hold the gremlin. I've seen so many kids that are barely able to hold their heads up flopped over in a Bumbo seat, drooling on themselves with their heads lolling on their shoulder for some bizarre photo op that it's just sad.

There's nothing wrong with using one once the child can sit up, but forcing the issue is a bad idea. Developmentally, they can hinder the child. There's plenty of press on the subject and parents should think more about what's age appropriate.

I used one of these with my second child, she loved it. I loved it. it was easy to transport, and she was able to see things around her as well as work on motor development buy trying to grab things on the tray or on the floor.
Of course it says on the box or seat that your child needs to be able to hold up their head, but I guess that goes along with common sense.

Wolffhardt

clangaiscioch wrote:Use a bouncy seat, a swing, an Ergo, a tummy time mat or just hold the gremlin. I've seen so many kids that are barely able to hold their heads up flopped over in a Bumbo seat, drooling on themselves with their heads lolling on their shoulder for some bizarre photo op that it's just sad.

Again - This goes with the argument of the buckle, I was obviously not suggesting that you use the product in a irresponsible manner. If your child can support their head fully, the Bumbo seat can be great for development.

If you're dumb enough to put your child in it before they can hold their head up, on a high surface, long after they are too big, can easily tip it over, unattended, etc... Then there's a ton of toys you shouldn't be using, and I feel sorry for your child.

dillydally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dillydally

These are great for little ones who cannot sit up by themselves. As long as they can hold their head up. We rolled up a small blanket for extra support in the front. I think it helped our son learn to sit up on his own.

chipgreen

quality posts: 152 Private Messages chipgreen

This will train your kids for the Sit-n-Spin!

clangaiscioch

Wolffhardt wrote:Again - This goes with the argument of the buckle, I was obviously not suggesting that you use the product in a irresponsible manner. If your child can support their head fully, the Bumbo seat can be great for development.

If you're dumb enough to put your child in it before they can hold their head up, on a high surface, long after they are too big, can easily tip it over, unattended, etc... Then there's a ton of toys you shouldn't be using, and I feel sorry for your child.

Apparently, a whole lot of people can't responsibly use these things and it's really surprising (suppose it shouldn't be, but still).

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
chipgreen wrote:This will train your kids for the Sit-n-Spin!

Kids just love to Sit 'n Spin!

mayesg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mayesg

I received my Bumbo today but did not get the play tray. I noticed two tracking numbers, so is the tray shipping separately?

ThunderThighs

Staff

mayesg wrote:I received my Bumbo today but did not get the play tray. I noticed two tracking numbers, so is the tray shipping separately?

Yes, they are shipped separately. Never try to understand the mysteries of the shipping department.