WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Trendy To The End!

That little baby of yours thinks smearing applesauce into her hair is awesome. But one day she's going to want to make her own decisions about fashion. Start her off on the right runway by keeping her covered in these fashion and Earth-friendly cloth diapers from Trend Lab.
Trend Lab official site

Quality Posts

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

It's hard to tell from the description if the soaker pads sold separately are needed to use with the diapers, as in you must buy the extra piece to use the diaper? Or if they are just extras & an optional purchase?

The diapers are listed as an All in One, which should mean you don't need an extra piece but the design looks more like a hybrid or AI2 (an All In One usually looks like a disposable diaper that is just 1 big piece that you throw in the wash). The description says the white liner is included but usually a liner is just that a liner that goes over another piece, generally not the absorbent part of the cloth diaper.

It's hard to tell if they are using the words liner, soaker and insert interchangeably (usually they refer to different types of products in cloth diapering land) or if they are talking about a different piece?

Thank you!!

davidgh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidgh

A better description would be good to know from Trend Lab.
1) Are the liners that come with the diapers the 'generic' white liners with fleece? (I understand you can purchase gender specific liners too).
2) Do these liners expand as the baby gets bigger? or is it a 'one size' liner and might be a bit bulky as a newborn?

ssand23 wrote:It's hard to tell from the description if the soaker pads sold separately are needed to use with the diapers, as in you must buy the extra piece to use the diaper? Or if they are just extras & an optional purchase?

The diapers are listed as an All in One, which should mean you don't need an extra piece but the design looks more like a hybrid or AI2 (an All In One usually looks like a disposable diaper that is just 1 big piece that you throw in the wash). The description says the white liner is included but usually a liner is just that a liner that goes over another piece, generally not the absorbent part of the cloth diaper.

It's hard to tell if they are using the words liner, soaker and insert interchangeably (usually they refer to different types of products in cloth diapering land) or if they are talking about a different piece?

Thank you!!

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
ssand23 wrote:The diapers are listed as an All in One, which should mean you don't need an extra piece but the design looks more like a hybrid or AI2 (an All In One usually looks like a disposable diaper that is just 1 big piece that you throw in the wash). The description says the white liner is included but usually a liner is just that a liner that goes over another piece, generally not the absorbent part of the cloth diaper.

Here's the product page - http://www.trend-lab.com/clothdiapers.html TrendLab calls them "All-in-One" on their site, but from your description and reading their product page, it is actually what you say is an "all in two." That is, the liner and the shell are two separate pieces, and both are required to make the diaper work.

ssand23 wrote:It's hard to tell from the description if the soaker pads sold separately are needed to use with the diapers, as in you must buy the extra piece to use the diaper? Or if they are just extras & an optional purchase?
davidgh wrote:1) Are the liners that come with the diapers the 'generic' white liners with fleece? (I understand you can purchase gender specific liners too).

It's listed on the bottom of the specs tab. Each diaper comes with a single liner. The blue diaper has a blue(boy) liner, the pink one has a girl(pink) liner, and all the others have a generic(white) liner. The separate listing for liners is indeed optional (but having extras on hand will save you alot of time and effort for those times when you can just swap liners without having to wash the entire diaper cover)

ssand23 wrote:It's hard to tell if they are using the words liner, soaker and insert interchangeably (usually they refer to different types of products in cloth diapering land) or if they are talking about a different piece?

Trendlab is using "liner" "soaker" and "insert" interchangeably. In this case, they mean the functionally absorbent piece of the diaper.

davidgh wrote:2) Do these liners expand as the baby gets bigger? or is it a 'one size' liner and might be a bit bulky as a newborn?

They do not expand.

ssand23

davidgh wrote:
2) Do these liners expand as the baby gets bigger? or is it a 'one size' liner and might be a bit bulky as a newborn?

I have not used these diapers but I have used other AIO cloth diapers that are a one size style similar to these on a newborn & usually there is a way to fold the soaker/liner to make it fit with out too much bulk.

pswenson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pswenson

Looks like I can only get three of the same color, not mixed. Is this right?

jsronce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jsronce

I have been thinking of trying reusable diapers on my toddler. Problem is, he is already over 30 lbs. Would these work on a 32-33 lb toddler with chunky legs? Or is there a brand that would?

pswenson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pswenson
jsronce wrote:I have been thinking of trying reusable diapers on my toddler. Problem is, he is already over 30 lbs. Would these work on a 32-33 lb toddler with chunky legs? Or is there a brand that would?

There are many blogs about cloth diaper use. Find one run by moms and not a company!

naomipockell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naomipockell
pswenson wrote:Looks like I can only get three of the same color, not mixed. Is this right?

I'm having the same issue. Is it the website or is it Woot policy?

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack
naomipockell wrote:I'm having the same issue. Is it the website or is it Woot policy?

That's the way woot! works. You will have to place a different order for each color. You are limited to 3 items per order. The good news... you will only pay shipping once.

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack

Has any one used this brand? Do you know how they are vs. Kushies?

howell2510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages howell2510

Here is a link to a search for everything "Trend Lab" on the babycenter cloth diapering board...you will find all the information you need!

http://community.babycenter.com/a/sfind/groups/a16235/?sp=true&action_location=group_page&user_action=search_within_group&q=trend+lab&searchgrp_btn=Search

The main problem with these diapers is they used to put microfiber directly against the babies bottom, and that is a no no. But, just from the description it looks like they now have fleece covering the microfiber. Assuming that is correct and they have no microfiber exposed, I would say it's a pretty decent deal. But there are a few brands of pocket diapers that you can get for only $5 no shipping....and I would personally rather get those.

howell2510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages howell2510

I also want to add, even though it is an "all in 2" because the diaper is covered with fleece it you won't be able to wipe it out if any pee gets on it. So unless you are lucky it will most likely be a one use diaper - no changing out the insert and keeping the shell.

ssand23

jsronce wrote:I have been thinking of trying reusable diapers on my toddler. Problem is, he is already over 30 lbs. Would these work on a 32-33 lb toddler with chunky legs? Or is there a brand that would?

I've been cloth diapering for 13 years now & have 4 children. I also have a 40 lb 2 year old who is still in cloth diapers so I know it can be tricky at that size when they are starting to phase out of fitting in the One Size diapers.

There are a few brands out there that fit the larger than average/chunky toddler. I'd check out the Toddlease line from Motherease (they sell a fitted diaper and XL covers that have been my favorites for years, plus their prices are excellent), Hiney Liney's Big Kid line, Sustainablebabyish has XL fitted diapers that are great for nights and large flats that you can quickly fold in thirds inside a cover or go old school & pin them on (Sustainablebabyish are a little more pricey of these brands but on the flip side, you can sell them when you are finished using them & their resale value is high) and Bummis makes an XL snap cover or a really inexpensive pull on cover.

There are some One Size diapers that run slightly larger than others but they mainly fit to 35 lbs & that might still be cutting it close for you. The Bumgenius 4.0 pocket runs a bit larger than most one size pockets (and they work great), as does their Flip hybrid system. Fuzzi Bunz has sized pockets & I have heard their Large & XL sized pocket run pretty large but I haven't had good results with those when it comes to leaks & over all fit, though I know some people really love them.

The other thing I would strongly recommend for a toddler is diapers, covers, pockets, anything with snap closures. Toddlers love to remove velcro. It's a common issue with toddlers ripping off the velcro & removing their diapers left & right. Velcro can be great for infants but I'd stick with snap closures at this age.

Hope that was helpful!

keturahvii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keturahvii

Kind of pissed it takes woot forever and a bloody year to send reset password emails. By the time I did the colors I wanted were already sold out. :/

dmw61003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmw61003

Yes, they USED to use only microfiber on their inserts, but now they top them with stay dry fleece. These diapers rock, they fit great on my 3.5 year old.

howell2510 wrote:Here is a link to a search for everything "Trend Lab" on the babycenter cloth diapering board...you will find all the information you need!

http://community.babycenter.com/a/sfind/groups/a16235/?sp=true&action_location=group_page&user_action=search_within_group&q=trend+lab&searchgrp_btn=Search

The main problem with these diapers is they used to put microfiber directly against the babies bottom, and that is a no no. But, just from the description it looks like they now have fleece covering the microfiber. Assuming that is correct and they have no microfiber exposed, I would say it's a pretty decent deal. But there are a few brands of pocket diapers that you can get for only $5 no shipping....and I would personally rather get those.