2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I checked out the website but this wasn't there

Unfortunately I was unable to find any preview tracks for any of their songs either.

Rhapsody had some previews Children songs are enough reason for me to never have kids.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

there's a ton on iTunes.

iTunes link

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

CowboyDann wrote: I checked out the website but this wasn't there

Unfortunately I was unable to find any preview tracks for any of their songs either.

Rhapsody had some previews Children songs are enough reason for me to never have kids.

*cough* *ahem*

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
ThunderThighs wrote:*cough* *ahem*

Sweet Jesus! I HAD THAT LINKED FIRST. But then for some reason I thought the CD's were different. Jeeze I'm dumb. I made it up by posting a couple youtube videos on woot and tech.

boni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
CowboyDann wrote: Children songs are enough reason for me to never have kids.

There is some incredible music out there for kids... Enough so that I play it in the car when I'm alone. That said... This isn't it. Twin Sisters do a "good" job of covering all the children's classics, but they get old quick. We still have a bunch of them on my son's kid tough music player, they are however intermixed with the likes of Leadbelly, Andy Mason, Pete Seeger, Raffi, Rani Arbo & Daisy Mayhem, Hot Buttered Rum, Tom Chapin, The Laurie Berkner Band, and of course, The Man in Black.

Magadauthan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Magadauthan

Don't forget Caspar Babypants in that list!

jamina1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jamina1

When I was a kid, I was a big fan of "Wee Sing Silly Songs" and these seem very much like that.

I'm certain that my parents got sick and tired of listening to them but I couldn't get enough.

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn
wingedsurfgirl wrote:There is some incredible music out there for kids... Enough so that I play it in the car when I'm alone. That said... This isn't it. Twin Sisters do a "good" job of covering all the children's classics, but they get old quick. We still have a bunch of them on my son's kid tough music player, they are however intermixed with the likes of Leadbelly, Andy Mason, Pete Seeger, Raffi, Rani Arbo & Daisy Mayhem, Hot Buttered Rum, Tom Chapin, The Laurie Berkner Band, and of course, The Man in Black.

Check out Tom T. Hall's Country Songs for Children, too (or, if you can find it, Songs From Fox Hollow). Very listenable. "Sneaky Snake" was my son's favorite song as a kid, and now it's his 4-year-old daughter's favorite song, too.

AwRy108

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AwRy108

I bought some similar music for my daughter during a previous woot, and the discs have totally paid for themselves.

Yes, the music can be a bit grating for the parents, but it's forgivable if it means a happy kid on long car trips; and it's so much better for children versus plugging them into television/movies/videogames for extended periods of time.

ebbdeco

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebbdeco

My god are these CD's BAAAAD. I bought this set on another deal site a couple months ago, excited to have a handy little case of children's songs for a long road trip we were about to take. Wow. Out of the 20 CD's, the only ones that are bearable, are the bedtime/nighttime and classical music CD's. The rest are absolute torture...a "chinese water torture" type of torture.

They take familiar melodies(Pop goes the Weasel, ABC song, Auld Lang Syne, Alouette, etc...), and basically narrate what you might read in a baby's board book to those tunes. Completely random, made up songs that nobody can sing along to. If they do sing a familiar song, it is going to be set to a weird tempo that you can't follow, unless it's a christian song. For some reason only THOSE songs are sung in a traditional, familiar style.
EVERY song is sung the same way. They are all sung with super girly, wispy, soft but high-pitch voices...no harmonizing, no variation, and all the singers have the exact same range(?). Very boring and repetitious.

The best part of the purchase? THE CASE.

BUYER BEWARE.

nclucky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nclucky

I bought a twin sister group of CDs about a year ago. It was a slightly different set with 12 CDs including a school musical lesson cd and a halloween sounds CD. There was some variety, but we had at least 2 with very similar songs on the entire disk. The bonus with the CD set I bought is that all of the CDs were wrapped separately. I gave away 3 of the 12 as presents. One of the ones I gave away I found in a music store for $10 by itself!

As annoying as the women/girls singing can be, there is some variation with the male voices and my kids *love* the educational song CDs. On one we have there is some kind of dinosaur rap. We all know it by heart along with "Let's go on a dinosaur dig". Great price for the variety. Your kids will love them.