WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's A Bag-Bag-Bag-Bag World!

Whether you're getting rid of wet clothing, packing away your child's bologna sandwich for school, or running from bears with your kid strapped to your back, you'll be glad you grabbed one of these bags. They probably work in other situations, too, I dunno. I can only speak from experience.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Discuss your bag's durability and style here!

I'm just hanging out, really.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Yay! The camo duffle is back. Woot, you read my mind. I was literally thinking last night about those bags and how sad I was that I missed out on the camo version last time. I love them. Perfect for a vacation where you plan to bring back a ton of souvenirs or are bringing a bunch of stuff you don't plan on coming home with. The bag is easy to get back into the small pouch and I love how the shopping tote still fits in it and is accessible even when it is all folded up.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

roknroll91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roknroll91

Has anyone used the adventure pack? I'd be curious of its durability and ease if use.

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

The Wet Happened bags work perfectly for adult toiletry bags for travel. You can put shampoo, toothpaste, etc in them and not worry about them leaking all over your clothes.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

I too use the wet happened bags for travel. They are very nice. the Stephen Joseph backpacks are nice. Another poster had pointed out the straps are very thin & not padded. For the age of my kids this is no issue as there is never enough weigh tin it to be an issue. I do think the straps are made too long though. Even when tightened all eh way down, they were still a tad loose for my average sized 5 yr old. I adjusted it with my sewing machine, but I don't think you should have to. They could have taken about 6 inches off & they'd still have been long enough when completely loosened for most adults. The good news is that if your 16 yr old likes them, the straps can accommodate.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

jenferfer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenferfer

We have the wet bags and the monster backpack that we ordered last time they were on here.

We used the wet bags on vacation this year and worked great, since we ended up staying at a different hotel each night. (Last time we used plastic shopping bags to carry the wet items and everything in the luggage got wet too... not this time!)

Our 3 year old son just started preschool this year and they required a backpack big enough to hold a school folder. The ones we looked at in the store were either too big for him or too small for the folder. Monster backpack was just right. Extra bonus that he likes the little monster guys on there.

ramkum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ramkum
roknroll91 wrote:Has anyone used the adventure pack? I'd be curious of its durability and ease if use.

It 'feels' very durable with the use of quality materials. BUT, two of the plastic buckles cracked during normal use during the very first hike. I can't say if the brittleness is universal or limited to the batch that mine came from (I bought from Woot in Jan this year). What's worse is its been 3 months now and Kiddy USA hasn't replaced it yet. Apparently they never keep any stock around for warranty claims.

Ease of use is not bad. There are a lot of adjustments that can help you adapt it to both your body and your child's height. My toddler was much more comfortable in this compared to the baby bjorn or ergobaby. You do need a helping hand to get it on and off, unless you're willing to squat pretty low on the floor and yet get up without endangering your precious cargo - I'm not that flexible or adventurous.

kittiesonacid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kittiesonacid

Got two of the wet bags last time. Considering getting more now. They are extremely useful for traveling. Not just wet bathing suits, but a (small) wet towel will fit in them. I've also used them to pack up wet shower supplies for the journey home and even a t-shirt that smelled disgusting like smoke from a grill and I didn't want it stinking up the whole car.

child765

quality posts: 4 Private Messages child765

We love our pack. Our experience has been very different. I use to only buy Kelty carriers but after taking a chance on this last time it was around, we will never go back to Kelty. The carrier design is much more user friendly and much more comfortable for me and my child. Higher quality materials and build. We are huge Kiddy fans now. If anything ever happened to our carrier, I would go and buy another Kiddy carrier.

ramkum wrote:It 'feels' very durable with the use of quality materials. BUT, two of the plastic buckles cracked during normal use during the very first hike. I can't say if the brittleness is universal or limited to the batch that mine came from (I bought from Woot in Jan this year). What's worse is its been 3 months now and Kiddy USA hasn't replaced it yet. Apparently they never keep any stock around for warranty claims.

Ease of use is not bad. There are a lot of adjustments that can help you adapt it to both your body and your child's height. My toddler was much more comfortable in this compared to the baby bjorn or ergobaby. You do need a helping hand to get it on and off, unless you're willing to squat pretty low on the floor and yet get up without endangering your precious cargo - I'm not that flexible or adventurous.