WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Create Your Own Baby Intellectuals

Hey, that was really nice of you to get your kids a subscription to the New York Times. But maybe you should give them something a little more… age appropriate? Check out this little collection of reading and listening materials and they won't go to bed crying about the latest op/ed on the gentrification of Brooklyn.

Quality Posts

• (12:56 AM, 9/12/2012) indiegeek digs the Seuss.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

There are so many books and DVDs to choose from here - if you could only pick two (and remember you don't have to, fortunately), which would you recommend to a new parent and why?

I'm just hanging out, really.

indiegeek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages indiegeek
inkycatz wrote:There are so many books and DVDs to choose from here - if you could only pick two (and remember you don't have to, fortunately), which would you recommend to a new parent and why?

Based on my previous purchase of the "Twin Sisters" Sesame Street items, I'd avoid them like the plague. None of the "Sing Along With..." books we got contained hide nor hair of actual Muppet, and instead contained renditions of public domain children's songs as performed by heavily sedated studio musicians. Can't go wrong with Seuss, though.

minnesotajoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minnesotajoy

My toddler adores the Read and Sing with Sesame Street set and asks us to read/sing it to her daily. However, I am not a huge fan of the quality of the books. Very flimsy. We took the CDs out of the front and the process ripped the inside cover, leaving sticky glue behind or ripping off layers of the inside cover. Anyone who has a toddler knows that the level of "I do it myself" made removing the CDs necessary. They appeared to be removable but it turns out the glue was the toughest part of the books.

If these were sturdier and of a better design to deal with the CD issues then I would be much happier with the product.

frenchsm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frenchsm

Sid the Science Kid is really great. I got this bundle the last time it was offered, and I'm working on getting the rest of the series. There are a few episodes on each DVD, and they're actually interesting enough to watch with my boyfriend's 3 year old.

Science!

gchitralekha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gchitralekha

I got this bundle and received it today. I opened 2 of them. Both have "thomas in Charge" playing but not "Sid the Science kid". I have no idea what to do. However the cover says "Sid the Science Kid"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gchitralekha wrote:I got this bundle and received it today. I opened 2 of them. Both have "thomas in Charge" playing but not "Sid the Science kid". I have no idea what to do. However the cover says "Sid the Science Kid"

That's really strange. Sorry for the problem with the DVDs. Email service@woot.com and explain what happened. They'll help you out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders