4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80

We bought this a month or so ago for my in-laws to use in their car. It's great! My daughter is a tall almost 3 year old, and it fits her just right with PLENTY of room to grow (since it's adjustable). Since we only see the in-laws once a week, this car seat is perfect for them because it folds down and has a handle, making it very easy to carry, put in and take out- and it's incredibly light. I highly recommend this seat, and I'll be getting one for my daughter to use in our car when we have another kid.

dustysjuls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustysjuls
leilana80 wrote:We bought this a month or so ago for my in-laws to use in their car. It's great! My daughter is a tall almost 3 year old, and it fits her just right with PLENTY of room to grow (since it's adjustable). Since we only see the in-laws once a week, this car seat is perfect for them because it folds down and has a handle, making it very easy to carry, put in and take out- and it's incredibly light. I highly recommend this seat, and I'll be getting one for my daughter to use in our car when we have another kid.

A booster seat that uses the vehicle's seat belt to secure the child is not at all a safe option for a 2 or 3 year old. A booster like this should not be used until a MINIMUM of 4 and 40lbs, but preferably closer to 6 or, more importantly than age, when the child is mature enough to sit up straight the entire ride and not move around, because the placement of the seat belt is VERY important when it comes to booster. I would urge you to discontinue using the booster seat for your child and purchase a harnessed seat to use for another few years. Your child is at risk for serious or fatal injuries at their age in a booster seat should you ever get into an accident.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Things finally slowed down, things seem to be slow over here so I'll post this Amazon link featuring 35 reviews of the product.

60 dollars on the zon.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
CowboyDann wrote:Things finally slowed down, things seem to be slow over here so I'll post this Amazon link featuring 35 reviews of the product.

60 dollars on the zon.

you forgot about your post on the previous woot:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5108499&pageindex=1&replycount=37

$44.99 then, too.

Some of the commments:

leilana80 wrote:A few positive reviews here and here.
We're in need of the next step up (and an extra for the in-laws) so I might pull the trigger on this one.

nbs2 wrote:I went looking for reviews at car-seat.org, and found a discussion (although it started off on the topic of a Sam's Club sale).

Apparently, it is a bit short, so that is something to keep in mind if your kid and/or car's roofline is short or tall. Our kids are a bit on the tall side, so I'm tempted to pass. Although it would be convenient to have one carseat for my car in the event that we need to take the kids to different places instad of having to move seats around...

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=200191&highlight=b505

zackeeus wrote:As mentioned by another Woothead, Consumer Reports liked this seat, giving it a 'Very Good' rating for crash protection and ease of use. Here are their specific comments:

CR's Take:
A very good overall performer, but can develop belt slack in some vehicle seats.

Highs
Instruction labels and manual offer clear guidance on booster use and belt placement.

Lows
If child moves, shoulder belt can develop slack in some vehicles and seat position combinations, when shoulder belt binds between headrest adjustment mechanism and seatback. Can be difficult to access the seatbelt buckle beneath the wide base in some vehicle seats.

CowboyDann wrote:Here's a little guide on why you need a booster seat for your little one

1. Does the child sit all the way back against the auto seat?
2. Do the child's knees bend comfortably at the edge of the auto seat?
3. Does the belt cross the shoulder between the neck and arm?
4. Is the lap belt as low as possible, touching the thighs?
5. Can the child stay seated like this for the whole trip?

This document was developed by SafetyBeltSafe U.S.A. and may be reproduced in its entirety.

traquy wrote:We own one of these and love it. It folds up for easy travel (it fits in my large suitcase) and is very easy to move between cars. It is very safe and fits my 5 yr old well. The cup holders are great and get lots of use. The cover is pretty easy to remove for washing. Also the arm rests can move up so as to make buckling in easier. All in all I'd say if you need a booster for any reason, BUY THIS!! It's a great deal on the price (I paid $65 for mine) and is a much better booster than the others at this price range. Oh, and my daughter can still sleep in this seat just fine without slouching over , a big plus on long road trips.

pico111 wrote:I have two of these seats, and
love them. My kids are comfortable in them, and can quickly buckle themselves in. We have actually had four of them, the first two were in an accident, so we bought two more because they're so safe, easy to use and comfortable.

Bye.

jlhatter

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jlhatter

Bought two of these last time. One for me when my 3.5 year old outgrows her Britax and one for my sister who picks my daughter up from daycare once a week. I'm sure I'll also get the lecture about the safety for kids under 4 or 6 but I have a VERY large 3.5 year old. She's in the 95th percentil for height and has already passed 40 pounds. She grew out of my sister's car seat that only went to 40 pounds and rather than buy another 5 point harness seat for once a week use, I chose this. We frequently have talks about why the seatbelt must stay where it is using Dora the Explorer's constant reminder "so we can be safe" and so far so good. This seat is fabulous! It is very easy to pull in and out of the car and the fact that it folds in half with a handle makes it such a breeze to use. My daughter loves the cup holders and will actually take the one we have at home and set it up in the living room to watch tv! So a bonus use.

yprasannas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yprasannas

This L shape angle is little more than 90 degrees...could have been better if there is a way to recline more. Kid does not like this on long trips as he does not feel comfortable dozing off.

amackellar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amackellar

The NHTSA ratings are better than many of the other rated seats.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/nhtsa_eou/info.jsp?type=booster
Five stars for securing the child, installation features, and overall ease of use. In for one!

gargin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gargin

We have one of these in a gray color that we bought from Woot. My son is comfortable in it. We are glad we bought this.

jarrodklunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarrodklunk

Looks to me like colors make a difference on Amazon. Abstract O's is $64.94, Platinum is $59.97, Elegance Black/Red is $59, and Sticks and Stones is $51.86, all with free shipping. If you don't need color, I'd buy Sticks and Stones (ends up being cheaper than Woot). C'mon Woot!

CowboyDann wrote:Things finally slowed down, things seem to be slow over here so I'll post this Amazon link featuring 35 reviews of the product.

60 dollars on the zon.

emilysmartt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilysmartt

I agree with pp about keeping your child in a 5pt harness seat as long as you can. We bought two of these seats for my son (who is a very tall 4yo) and it fits him great. He likes being able to buckle his own seat belt (we always check to make sure he's in correctly) and is very responsible about sitting in the seat correctly. He was too big for our old 5pt harness seat (a Britax that we loved for 4 years). This is a good seat IF your child is ready for a booster. If you are unsure, consult with your pediatrician and/or the owners manual for your current carseat.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Does anyone else think this looks like green? What an icky color! And ickiness aside, why would they put a light color right where the head goes, and along the sides where hands would rest? Better be easy to wash!

Missed the red one last time and all they had left was this. Guess no one else liked the color either. Wonder how well it sells when not put up against the red.

tyrsa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyrsa

Not sure where Woot got their MSRP info, but the First Year's site lists it at $59.99, not $65.99.

djinnajess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djinnajess
dustysjuls wrote:A booster seat that uses the vehicle's seat belt to secure the child is not at all a safe option for a 2 or 3 year old. A booster like this should not be used until a MINIMUM of 4 and 40lbs, but preferably closer to 6 or, more importantly than age, when the child is mature enough to sit up straight the entire ride and not move around, because the placement of the seat belt is VERY important when it comes to booster. I would urge you to discontinue using the booster seat for your child and purchase a harnessed seat to use for another few years. Your child is at risk for serious or fatal injuries at their age in a booster seat should you ever get into an accident.

Really? Are you sure about that?
Your child is also at risk of serious or fatal injuries should you ever get into an accident in a car seat. Then again, its also risky to let them ride a bike. Or walk on sidewalks near roads....
Maybe you put your kids at more risk because you exceed the speed-limit, sure that your amazing car seat will protect your kids.

I hope OP never drives when they are tired, or distracted. Or in a late-model vehicle with lesser safety standards. [I highly recommend an M1 Abrahms Tank - you'll come out on top in any fender bender ;)]

Just so tired of all the car seat mania. Yes, cars are dangerous. We all want our kids to be safe, but we also can't keep them in a bubble. A booster isn't a loaded gun, people.