6%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

trjrich

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trjrich

I've purchased these individually and in the sets for all six grandkids from Woot. My two grandsons that share a bedroom, six and three yrs old, would argue over the color to use each night. So of course granny bought them another one.

sdc100

quality posts: 497 Private Messages sdc100

I'd buy one for my niece but they look like little faceless ghosts which would freak her out. If these looked like Doraemon or Hello Kitty (even in her whore phase), I'd grab three.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

Amazon reviews say the lights don't last long. And the 90 day warranty worries me. It sounds like the lights last about that long.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kylemittskus wrote:Amazon reviews say the lights don't last long. And the 90 day warranty worries me. It sounds like the lights last about that long.

Mumblemumble... you should link us to said reviews! ... mumblemumble ...

;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 715 Private Messages CowboyDann
whatsamattaU wrote:It was also $14.99 at last wootoff:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5135295

Thanks for stopping by WMU It's good to see you every once and a while.

This is a great nightlight because you can keep it close to the base, or close to bed depending on your child's choice.

numps

quality posts: 2 Private Messages numps

I was a very early customer of Mobi while I managed an electronics store. I never had a customer return with a problem. We also had one for display running 10-12 hours a day for well over a year without a problem. It is probably still working, but I have moved on to better things.

These are seriously nice night lights.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1062 Private Messages whatsamattaU
CowboyDann wrote:Thanks for stopping by WMU It's good to see you every once and a while.

This is a great nightlight because you can keep it close to the base, or close to bed depending on your child's choice.

Real quick:
1. You're welcome.
2. Glad I could stop in while I could.
3. Still working 7 days a week, and going back to work now.
4. You seem to be holding the fort pretty well with sdc100, etc., and I expect you to pass me in quality P's soon.

traquy

quality posts: 47 Private Messages traquy

One of these night lights was a HUGE help with my nearly 3 yr old daughter when we moved her to a big girl bed. She would play with and pull out wall socket nightlights, but this little rechargeable one was perfect. It was just bright enough for her to look at a book and have by her, which gave her a little power over going to sleep on her own. She just turned 5 and it is still going strong. Totally worth it.

diemlinh7

quality posts: 8 Private Messages diemlinh7

These Mobi nightlights are great, and the fact that it comes with a charger base is sooooo much better than the older models i bought a couple years ago. The tots loved them but they dropped them at times and the battery case hinge broke, rendering the whole thing useless. We started with 3, and now only one is still intact.

I'm tempted to get more since we've never tried this model or the nightlight, but.....better sleep on it til tomorrow.

Side note - we also gave a few as bday gifts for 1-3 yr olds and they were always a big hit.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

The plug-in "TykeLight" alone is $14.01 at the Mothership and the "GloMate" is $18.95, so this looks like a good deal.

I'm tempted to use the GloMate as a lantern when I get up to use the bathroom at night: give my bruised elbows a rest from hitting walls!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

mthomtech

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mthomtech

We got these in the woot off and our son loves them. He's actually named them both We are actually travelling with the rechargable one, which is great for hotel rooms that don't have plugs in convenient places for night lights ... you can put it anywhere. They are bright, have soft body (good for little hands) and don't get hot.

Love them! Thanks woot!

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80

I would have to say that I'm kinda in love with these things. I originally had the old style (from Woot long ago), with the base permanently attached, and it had to be plugged in to work. Then my husband dropped it and it broke. I was quite angry, convinced that these newer, smaller versions just couldn't replace the one I'd lost.
So out of desperation, we got these newer ones (from Woot). It's really great! It stays charged for at least a full night's sleep, it's portable, droppable, huggable, and it turns on automatically if the power goes out (when it's on the base).
I'm thinking about buying another one for the next kid even though I'm not even pregnant yet.

billux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billux
inkycatz wrote:Mumblemumble... you should link us to said reviews! ... mumblemumble ...

;)

Got two both died in a month. Maybe OK for older kids but they don't stand up to toddlers. Not a bargain look for alternatives.

alanforrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanforrest

We bought a MobiGlow a year or so ago when they were a daily Woot. Ours lasted about 48 hours before it ceased to work. The unit appeared to be charging but it was otherwise unresponsive.

mikes123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikes123

The Ikea Spoka, which is essentially the same thing, is cuter.

Teamsdsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teamsdsu

I BOUGHT THE ORIGIONAL CORDED ONES AND THEY STILL WORK LIKE A CHAMP.... CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WALL PLUG IN, MY BOYS ARE GONNA BE PSYCHED!!!!

ekyanez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekyanez

I wonder how this compares to the kinderglo:

http://www.amazon.com/Kinderglo-Portable-Rechargeable-Night-Light/dp/B0043G5T08/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1KB80HERV3FA&coliid=IMQ8PVBOPS2WK

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Love these! Bought one of the old style with batteries for the granddaughter and it was a hit. So I got these the last time they came up as a backup and because she needs a nightlight in the bathroom now that she is potty trained. This is much better than leaving the light on - it gives enough light to see what you need but not so much that it really wakes you up.

I really like neuro's idea of just using one for myself around the house at night. Occasionally I have to get up and go downstairs to adjust the thermostat or tend to a cat - there are way too many lights that have to go on to not wake me up during those journeys. These guys would probably help me out, plus the cats would probably love them

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

roseof74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roseof74
alanforrest wrote:We bought a MobiGlow a year or so ago when they were a daily Woot. Ours lasted about 48 hours before it ceased to work. The unit appeared to be charging but it was otherwise unresponsive.

We had the same problem after about 4 months with one. The other is going fine. Since this just happened over the weekend, I'll be calling customer service tomorrow. Wish you'd had this a few days from now!

joster0902

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joster0902

Bought one of these puppies for my son and then on another woot got three more to hand out as birthday gifts to nieces and nephew. By far the most popular and used toy by then.

We even took a couple camping this weekend and they shed just the right amount of light in the tent.

codyormoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages codyormoe

My lights came in today but only the little one works. The bigger one with the charging base won't turn on. Does anyone know if I should contact Mobi or go through Woot?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
codyormoe wrote:My lights came in today but only the little one works. The bigger one with the charging base won't turn on. Does anyone know if I should contact Mobi or go through Woot?

Sounds like a dead item. You may try contacting service@woot.com

I'm just hanging out, really.

wiicked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiicked

Did anyone else only receive ONE of the lights? Today I got a box but it only had the wall light in it.

codyormoe

Update to my dead Glomate issue....I emailed Mobi and told them my problem, they had me email them a copy of my order and immediately sent me a replacement. It came in today and works perfect.

Mobi handled my issue like I wish every company did, quickly and courteously. They get 5 stars from me.

codyormoe

Just for fun I took apart the glowmate that didn't work to see what the issue might be(actually took apart the new one that did work too, for comparison) Turns out it was a dead battery and also the red led was dead, so I dipped into my box of random broken stuff and electronic parts(a must have for any discerning tinkerer) and found a battery that worked(think it was once in a mp3 player), then hit Radio Shack and picked up a led for $0.89, so now I have 2 glowmates and a wallmate.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

codyormoe wrote:Just for fun I took apart the glowmate that didn't work to see what the issue might be(actually took apart the new one that did work too, for comparison) Turns out it was a dead battery and also the red led was dead, so I dipped into my box of random broken stuff and electronic parts(a must have for any discerning tinkerer) and found a battery that worked(think it was once in a mp3 player), then hit Radio Shack and picked up a led for $0.89, so now I have 2 glowmates and a wallmate.

nice! the packratting of random broken electronic bits always pays off.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

petes99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petes99

the small one works nicely, but my regular sized one was a joke. only the green led lights up. maybe I'll follow suit and send them a note.. thanks for the update!

codyormoe wrote:Update to my dead Glomate issue....I emailed Mobi and told them my problem, they had me email them a copy of my order and immediately sent me a replacement. It came in today and works perfect.

Mobi handled my issue like I wish every company did, quickly and courteously. They get 5 stars from me.