3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

I am always disappointed that the monkies and other assorted animals are not included.

therealjrn

quality posts: 37 Private Messages therealjrn
Charitwo wrote:I am always disappointed that the monkies and other assorted animals are not included.

I hear ya, I'm always disappointed a silly rabbit doesn't jump out of my box of Trix too.

jessbongaarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessbongaarts

I was extremely excited when I saw the toys in there. I briefly imagined this to be some sort of storage container where I could hold toys and electronic gadgets hostage while I forced my husband and children to clean the house.

Oh well.

DizMissLiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DizMissLiz

What's the advantage to using these to store my daughter's toys instead of using plastic containers from Rubbermaid or Sterilite? It looks like the plastic containers win when it comes to price; especially considering the sizes available. I'd like something nicer on the eyes like these living boxes, but is that their only advantage?

wow4less

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wow4less

BEST GEOCACHE CONTAINER EVER

kjsmason2010

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kjsmason2010
DizMissLiz wrote:What's the advantage to using these to store my daughter's toys instead of using plastic containers from Rubbermaid or Sterilite? It looks like the plastic containers win when it comes to price; especially considering the sizes available. I'd like something nicer on the eyes like these living boxes, but is that their only advantage?

I have three of these nifty boxes. I find them handy to get sports things in so you can just grab the box and you are out the door. That is if the kids remembered to put everything back in their box. Other than being portable there isn't an advantage.
IF you would like something attractive I would suggest the units that you can put bins in. You can organize well and get pretty bins.
As far as this box goes it is super when you need to be portable.

lstaff

quality posts: 196 Private Messages lstaff
DizMissLiz wrote:What's the advantage to using these to store my daughter's toys instead of using plastic containers from Rubbermaid or Sterilite? It looks like the plastic containers win when it comes to price; especially considering the sizes available. I'd like something nicer on the eyes like these living boxes, but is that their only advantage?

I think there are many advantages. The biggest one is probably that they fold flat so that when you are done using them for that purpose, they can be stored easily (and pulled out again when you send them off to college!!). Another is that your child can see what is inside and if you can leave the flaps down, they have easier access than a tote. I know that totes usually are open for access to the toys, and then the lid is just hanging around . . . The next is ecological: not all that plastic!!!!

NortonsArk

quality posts: 12 Private Messages NortonsArk

The specs need some corrections. The volume should be in cubic feet, not square feet. Also, by my calculations, the volume is 1.7 cubic feet or 48 liters.

fartfile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile

They look pretty flimsy and considering theyre collapsible...are these sturdy enough to stack?

fjp999

quality posts: 14 Private Messages fjp999
fartfile wrote:They look pretty flimsy and considering theyre collapsible...are these sturdy enough to stack?

Yes.

When these were sold at another time they came in a three pack of different sizes. I have them stacked on top of each other as well as another more attractive item on top of it all.

The wire framing is the key and holds up really well (these many many months now).

evilucky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilucky
wow4less wrote:BEST GEOCACHE CONTAINER EVER

Not sure if it would hold up as a cache being cloth however it would be useful to hold all of he swag and what not waiting to be traded

angelbunny17

quality posts: 6 Private Messages angelbunny17

Its ALIIIIVE!

http://www.youknowthatcrazychick.blogspot.com/

angelbunny17

quality posts: 6 Private Messages angelbunny17

These look like they would be great for holding LEGO bricks. Maybe the kids would actually pick them up and put them in this nifty box and I wouldnt hurt myself every day stepping on them. A girl can dream...

http://www.youknowthatcrazychick.blogspot.com/

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
NortonsArk wrote:The specs need some corrections. The volume should be in cubic feet, not square feet. Also, by my calculations, the volume is 1.7 cubic feet or 48 liters.

I calculated 1.7ft^3 as well, but that is using the given dimensions, which are likely the outside of the container. While I can't imagine losing that much inside... I guess it's possible.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
angelbunny17 wrote:These look like they would be great for holding LEGO bricks. Maybe the kids would actually pick them up and put them in this nifty box and I wouldnt hurt myself every day stepping on them. A girl can dream...

I have the fabric kind without the lid in a shelving system for my son. This would be better, because they can see them, however with plain fabric ones photos can also be taken of toy and put on the front. It did make a huge difference. The easier it is, the more likely they'll do it.

cookie1943

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cookie1943
wow4less wrote:BEST GEOCACHE CONTAINER EVER

What about cleaning? Being cloth, they are going to get dirty. How well do these clean up and with what?

stuart kirsner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stuart kirsner

Are these stackable?

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

I bought 3 sets of living boxes a while back and they are awesome!! I have used them for travel a lot and for pretty much every kind of storage. The one thing that I don't like about them is when my daughter decides she wants to sit in an open one, the sides fall in and I have to set it back up again... LOL... But, they are great either way!!

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Fountain3586

stuart kirsner wrote:Are these stackable?

When are full, YES! DEFINITELY! The sides come in when you flatten them, but as long as they are full, you can stack at least 2-3.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

Fountain3586

fjp999 wrote:Yes.

When these were sold at another time they came in a three pack of different sizes. I have them stacked on top of each other as well as another more attractive item on top of it all.

The wire framing is the key and holds up really well (these many many months now).

Yea, no kidding, right? Been a long time Woot... Love these boxes. They are fabulous for everything.

stella1122

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stella1122

I could see these being very useful for storing things I keep on shelves in my basement. I would know what is in them without having to pry open a box and they have a lid to keep out the dust. They would add a bit of class and color to my storage, too!

lotsofscots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotsofscots

When woot had sets of these boxes I bought some after reading the mostly positive Amazon reviews. I'm in for 3 this time because the boxes are WONDERFULL. They are heavy duty, the wire frames keep them strong, and my closets have never looked better. You can see the contents through the little windows, which is why I like them better than the big plastic boxes. I'm getting these for the Big Kid who needs more attractive storage for all the clothes he's "outgrown" (big abs!) but must keep.

eewf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eewf

In for three, I wish I could buy more of these! Perhaps Woot can get Lock & Lock do to one of those special deals on more of their Living Box products! There are many different sizes/colors.

ralenth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralenth

I bought three sets of the three the last time these were offered. They're sturdy and stackable, but easily folded down when they're not in use.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2

IKEA has very similar ones, and different sizes, too. About half the price of these.

eewf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eewf

I disagree on the IKEA boxes. The ones I saw on their web site looked very flimsy and cheaply made, with unattractive colors and ridiculous red "tassles" stuck on.

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

I bought as many of these as I could on the last woot and have been anxiously awaiting their next woot appearance. LOVE THEM.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 54 Private Messages bnbsouthworth
ugrasse2 wrote:IKEA has very similar ones, and different sizes, too. About half the price of these.

The ones I have seen at IKEA did not have the metal frames, so could not be stacked. They are meant to put into their shelving units. And I don't know about these, but the IKEA ones I've seen are very thin fabric.