• 45.5% - Sesame Street 346
  • 2.4% - Howdy Doody 18
  • 0% - Nanalan’ 0
  • 26.3% - Fraggle Rock 200
  • 16.3% - Mister Rogers' Neighborhood 124
  • 5.1% - H.R. Pufnstuf 39
  • 4.5% - Other (specify in the comments) 34
761 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix

How could a poll that specifically mentions muppets leave out any mention of The Muppets in the choices?

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth
zsinix wrote:How could a poll that specifically mentions muppets leave out any mention of The Muppets in the choices?

My thoughts exactly!

Muppet Show ruled!

myrddinemrys

quality posts: 3 Private Messages myrddinemrys
zsinix wrote:How could a poll that specifically mentions muppets leave out any mention of The Muppets in the choices?

My guess is they mentioned Muppets because the "puppets" on Sesame Street are Muppets... But you're absolutely right. Came here specifically to praise/vote for The Muppet Show.

Bad poll maker, bad!

lonelypond

quality posts: 438 Private Messages lonelypond

Captain Kangaroo, not only puppets but puppets with ping pong balls falling on them.

mingerin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingerin

Oobi! Fascinating to watch during those 1am nursing sessions

superchiva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superchiva

uuuuu..... THE MUPPET SHOW ????

-Superchiva

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

Has to be the Muppet show.. I can still watch that and enjoy it with my kids.

bigyoda20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigyoda20

Really? Didn't include The Muppet Show? You should be flogged! Though technically The Muppet Show wasn't a childrens show, other than the fact that they had muppets, most of the jokes would have been way over kid's heads. But you still should have included it. Jerks!

bluemilkisback

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluemilkisback

Everyone here seems to have liked the Muppets. I never liked them. In fact, I always disliked them a lot. Even still I'll go to my friends houses and they'll be sitting there watching Muppets and laughing hysterically. I just don't get it. I've never been in another country but my sense of humor is definitely not American.

Now, the best puppet movie (still Jim Henson so maybe it's considered Muppets?) was obviously The Dark Crystal. A childhood without The Dark Crystal is not a childhood at all. But as far as television series are concerned, well, I watched Sesame Street a lot but I LOVED Fraggle Rock. :D

redmonst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redmonst

eureeka's castle was so good!

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

muppets

estellefromhell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages estellefromhell

Lambchops play-a-long! I mean... what an awesome song!
"This is the song that never ends! Yes, it goes on and on, my friend! Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it FOREVER just because this is the song that never ends! Yes, it goes on and on, my friend! Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it FOREVER just because..."

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

The Muppet Show was not a children's program. It was written for adults. Kids wouldn't even understand half of the jokes or references.

lumpthar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar

Captain Kangaroo, people!
Clearly the correct answer.

Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd

The Muppet Show.....some may say it wasn't for kids....I watched it - 'nuff said.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime
Mishvmd wrote:The Muppet Show.....some may say it wasn't for kids....I watched it - 'nuff said.

I think its fair to say there is a difference between saying "it wasn't a children's program" (it wasn't) and "it wasn't for kids" (it *was* for kids as it was for all ages)

Can I assume by the 0% that I am not the only one that has never heard of Nanalan' ?

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

We love us some Muppet Show, but the poll was 'childrens show' - Muppet Show was written for adults; specifically as a creative outlet for the Muppet 'team' without the restraints required for a childrens audience.

As for the poll, the answer is Sesame Street (it isn't really even close). The only competition is Lamb Chop's Play-Along with the incomparable Shari Lewis.

melodiethegreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodiethegreat

I know right. Between Muppets and Lambchop....what is this world coming to???

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals
bluemilkisback wrote:Everyone here seems to have liked the Muppets. I never liked them. In fact, I always disliked them a lot. Even still I'll go to my friends houses and they'll be sitting there watching Muppets and laughing hysterically. I just don't get it. I've never been in another country but my sense of humor is definitely not American.

Now, the best puppet movie (still Jim Henson so maybe it's considered Muppets?) was obviously The Dark Crystal. A childhood without The Dark Crystal is not a childhood at all. But as far as television series are concerned, well, I watched Sesame Street a lot but I LOVED Fraggle Rock. :D

Interesting to note that The Muppet Show was filmed/taped in England.

silversickness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversickness

I loved the Muppets, but the Fraggles will always be my favorites. Made me laugh pretty hard having multiple friends that aren't acquainted compare me to a Fraggle.

If you were a Fraggle, which one would you be? Hehe ^_^

bluemilkisback

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluemilkisback
fldeals wrote:Interesting to note that The Muppet Show was filmed/taped in England.

Ah, really? Was it written by Brits? I do find British humor to appeal to me far better. I do understand the humor in the muppets but just don't understand why it's funny if that makes sense.