vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Smugness and arrogance won't get you everything.

As a human being, it's great that he beat cancer, I wouldn't wish that hardship on anyone.

As an athlete and role model....pathetic.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
vipermjb wrote:Smugness and arrogance won't get you everything.

As a human being, it's great that he beat cancer, I wouldn't wish that hardship on anyone.

As an athlete and role model....pathetic.

From what I read, it was more that he gave up fighting. He's passed 500+ drug tests, and the whole thing was a witch hunt. I don't see it as an admission of guilt but rather someone who is tired of fighting to prove himself. Can't blame him there.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Here's his official statement.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
Mavyn wrote:He's passed 500+ drug tests...

Irrelevant, since he's not charged with using drugs, unless you consider human blood a drug.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
RWoodward wrote:Irrelevant, since he's not charged with using drugs, unless you consider human blood a drug.

He's being charged with cheating, without any proof by an organization that has a bad history. He's not saying he's guilty, he's saying he doesn't recognize the USADA has having the right to target him. Notice that NO other agencies are involved? Not the Tour de France officials, not any other agency. That should say an awful lot.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Unbelievable.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Mavyn wrote:From what I read, it was more that he gave up fighting. He's passed 500+ drug tests, and the whole thing was a witch hunt. I don't see it as an admission of guilt but rather someone who is tired of fighting to prove himself. Can't blame him there.

i agree.