Staff

Poll: The police call. Your kid is in jail. You:
  • 47.2% - Leave him there to rot to teach him a lesson. 517
  • 34.1% - Post bail and lock him in his room till the end of time. 373
  • 8.4% - Lawyer up. Your baby was framed! 92
  • 7.6% - Beam with pride. You always hoped he’d be just like his daddy! 83
  • 2.7% - Other (comments, please) 30
1095 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Are happy I didn't raise a snitch.

dntbmbn2daretard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dntbmbn2daretard

I think it depends on why my child is in jail and if this behavior is a characteristic of them.

paxromana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paxromana

Take advantage of the fact they are out of the house.

lumpsrgood

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lumpsrgood

I told my daughter, "If you ever get in trouble, I'll bail you out of jail once - we all make mistakes. The next time, you stay." I haven't had to live up to that promise yet.

She's only 8 though.

gigi889

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gigi889

Well, we let him stay for 2 days, then got him out. Veryvery bad things can happen in jail tho.

1ezmonkey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1ezmonkey

Depends on why he/she is there.

I think I'm getting into Heaven.
WOOT = 130 items
SHIRT.WOOT = 72 shirts
WINE.WOOT = 1 item (can't ship wine to Pa.)
SELLOUT.WOOT = 30 items
KIDS.WOOT = 18 items

KamaMonroe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KamaMonroe

Agreed, why and which kid are really important factors. The 5 year old gets bail and a lawyer immediately - no five year old should be in jail. The 11 year old gets bail and sent to his room for enternity. At 17 or 18 it would depend on what happened both then and in the past.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Based on what I read in the papers, most parents will lawyer up; not just to keep Jr. out of the clink, but also to sue the pants off of anyone they think they can use as a scapegoat for their own failure as a parent.

msoulz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msoulz

FRAMED!! FRAMED I SAY!!! My kids would NEVER do ANYTHING wrong!!

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

Quite simply: bail and lock 'em in the room till we get to the bottom of things. Jail is NOT a safe place for anyone and there's always the possibility of innocence...nah, who am I kidding, a kid of mine would be guilty but be doing it for a good reason.

weatherkit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages weatherkit

Beam with pride because I always knew she'd be just like her MOM! And leave her there, to get out on her own, or spend the night.

mrgrogg

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mrgrogg

Take advantage of the almost unheard of opportunity to have sex with my wife without the danger of a knock at the bedroom door.

(And then, maybe, bail him out if I honestly think he's innocent. Maybe. Depending on how good the sex was.)

----------
How much work could a network net if a network could net work?

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

It's far more likely they would be bailing me out. Hope they still like me.

sweetaddietude

tempus49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempus49

depends on the crime.
probably let them rot for a couple of days for minor stuff. a longer stay for major stuff, then lawyer up and when i get them home add some discipline that they must be missing...

jodythomas14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodythomas14

Why does it have to be a "him"?

Susan11125

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Susan11125

Find out what he is in jail for, get him help - real help - whatever it takes to turn him around now - before the behavior/problem is so entrenched it ruins his life.

Love Woot!

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut
lumpsrgood wrote:I told my daughter, "If you ever get in trouble, I'll bail you out of jail once - we all make mistakes. The next time, you stay." I haven't had to live up to that promise yet.

She's only 8 though.

Same here. My boys are 10 & 12; no sign of trouble yet. Except for the rocks-for-brains part.

velcrofog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages velcrofog

(d) - Thank my lucky stars that he looks so much like me, and that the electronics store manager never did get a good look at me as I ran.

Oh, and I guess I ought to plan to give my son a really great gift on his next birthday. Or upon release - whichever comes first. I wonder if he'd like a few of these Zelda disks...

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

It depends on what my kid is in jail for.

mheeren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mheeren
compunaut wrote:Same here. My boys are 10 & 12; no sign of trouble yet. Except for the rocks-for-brains part.

Hey, I survived the "rocks for brains" stage with three boys. Two are off the payroll and contributing to society, third has one more year in college a great prospects. You'd never have guessed it at 12. A friend called it brain-on-the-sidewalk syndrome. At 12, their brains just keep falling out!

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

Go to the station to get details from the police then talk to my child. Depending what I learned,I could bail her,get a lawyer etc but would need more information first.

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

lumpsrgood wrote:
She's only 8 though.

I just seriously laughed out loud. Hope it never comes to it. Good luck!