WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How much would you be willing to sell your kids for?
  • 31.2% - Sell? There are some days I’d pay someone to take them. 370
  • 15.3% - What’s the going rate these days? A mill? Two? 181
  • 16.1% - I tell you what, buy me a corn dog and we’ll call it even. 191
  • 22.7% - They’re not for sale. My kids are rare, precious gems. 269
  • 14.8% - This question is offensive, and you are a monster for asking it. 175
1186 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jessieturner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jessieturner

You might buy them but they would come back home.... :-)

mrsmunch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsmunch

no give backs!

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

I am more likely to opt for the rent-a-kid program, this way I keep the tax deduction

taradavis79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taradavis79
crystalrose629 wrote:I am more likely to opt for the rent-a-kid program, this way I keep the tax deduction

Now YOU are a thinker!!!

spanishlillie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishlillie

corn dogs are gross. Make me another offer.

wkbruner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkbruner

There should be an option of "I am feigning disgust at your question, simply because I don't want to be judged by the other parents."

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

spanishlillie wrote:corn dogs are gross. Make me another offer.

How about a can of squeeze cheese and some club crackers?

lizzydee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lizzydee

It makes me sad that parents would even joke about this. I'm so thankful for my daughter, even on the days when she makes me work hard at being her parent! :-)

Elizabeth A. Cochrane

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
lizzydee wrote:It makes me sad that parents would even joke about this. I'm so thankful for my daughter, even on the days when she makes me work hard at being her parent! :-)

I love my daughter too and would never seriously entertain the thought of not having her, but I think most parents have days where we just aren't enjoying being a parent, and if we can't be honest about that then there's alot of misplaced guilt and emotions that get bottled up. Better to admit it, smile, get it off your chest, and move on. Joking is a great way to do that Parenting isn't sunshine and roses, and we shouldn't have to feel judged for not loving every moment of it.

(That said, I wouldn't joke about it in front of my child, because I know for children even jokes can hurt)

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
jessieturner wrote:You might buy them but they would come back home.... :-)

The buyer would bring them back and demand a refund.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
RWoodward wrote:The buyer would bring them back and demand a refund.

All sales are final ¬_¬

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley
runnerfrog13 wrote:I love my daughter too and would never seriously entertain the thought of not having her, but I think most parents have days where we just aren't enjoying being a parent, and if we can't be honest about that then there's alot of misplaced guilt and emotions that get bottled up. Better to admit it, smile, get it off your chest, and move on. Joking is a great way to do that Parenting isn't sunshine and roses, and we shouldn't have to feel judged for not loving every moment of it.

(That said, I wouldn't joke about it in front of my child, because I know for children even jokes can hurt)

This x100

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
runnerfrog13 wrote:All sales are final ¬_¬

Judge Wapner said, "There is an implied warranty of serviceability, regardless of any contract." If these kids are defective, you have to take them back.