Staff

Poll: On my kid’s first day of kindergarten I:
  • 18.8% - Cried. My baby’s all grown up! 78
  • 34.5% - Beamed. Couldn’t be prouder of my little nugget. 143
  • 8% - Went shopping with the money I’m no longer blowing on daycare. 33
  • 31.4% - Danced naked around the house. Alone at last! 130
  • 7.2% - Something else I’ll tell you about in the comments. 30
414 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Don't know yet. First day of preschool is in two weeks. Scared. But kind of excited.

Also, when did preschool become a 6 hour thing?

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

Home School here so I'm kind of bummed that the kid will not be getting the whole first day of school thing.

Wiredog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog
ChronoSquall14 wrote:Also, when did preschool become a 6 hour thing?

Heck, Kindergarten was only half a day back when I went. Afternoon session for me so Mom could sleep in.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

We homeschool so my both kids' first time spending the night at a friend's house at 6 years old was the first time he/ she was away from us/ me for longer than 3 hours. I slept with the phone next to me just in case he/ she called.

funkyjhillis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages funkyjhillis

Homeschooling, so I guess nothing really changes except for now the learning will become more specific.

tootybell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tootybell

Homeschooling. I like my kids too much to send them away all day.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

Apparently we needed a homeschooling choice on this poll! Go homeschool!

We do attend a co-op, so the kids did get to dress up and have their first-day picture taken and all that. But I went with them, so it wasn't like I was sending them off somewhere. Good compromise, because I would have been a basket case putting my kid on a bus alone and waving goodbye!