2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bbeamesderfer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bbeamesderfer

Broke on second ride (rear wheel bearing blew apart with a 4 year old girl riding it)

slappomatt

quality posts: 6 Private Messages slappomatt
bbeamesderfer wrote:Broke on second ride (rear wheel bearing blew apart with a 4 year old girl riding it)

exact same thing happened to me. Bought 2 spare bearings from Ebay for something like 5 shipped and she has ridden it a little here and there since. After about 2 weeks of casual use I gave her her first try of real bike with no training wheels and she had it almost immediately. These balance bikes are the ONLY way to train to ride and this one is kinda cheaply made but you will only be using it for a few weeks anyways why pay more?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I heard the bearings are hit OR miss. I got one of these for my Brigade of Campers#39;s for woot's birthday, I wasn't necessarily wowed with the bike, but it was still pretty neat. It'll hopefully make a kid happy come Toys For Tots Season.

Anyways- This is actually way better than training wheels for teaching your kid how to balance. If you get a bike that's built well and doesn't fall apart or have bearings that seize (i'd guess it was 2-3% fail rate on pure educational guessing) then this will be great for your little one learning to bike.

Don't take my word for it, Check out this article from Slate:

Down With Training Wheels They train kids how not to ride a bike!
Why balance bikes are better.

goochas

quality posts: 3 Private Messages goochas

I believe Bradley Wiggins had one as a chap. Worked for him!

Easily upgraded with mavic wheelsets and sram components.

ctbarker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctbarker

I bought this a few months ago. It works well for balance training. The kids like it. It is holding up well with two different riders.

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik

Is the wood pressure treated?

Also, anyone know if there's a bolt on supercharger available for this model or will I need to do a customer modification?

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

darcybrooke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darcybrooke

We bought two of these from woot last time and one of them broke almost immediately. They are very cheaply made and not worth even the $25. We were very very disappointed with these bikes.

GeniaNC

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GeniaNC

Please... don't bother. I bought this and saved opening it until we moved to Germany... 3 months later. Finally assembled it for my very excited 3 year old. He rode it about 5 times... and the back wheel fell apart at the center bolt. What a piece of crap. I will consider this a lesson learned and buy a more expensive... better made bike. So help me... if my child had gotten hurt because of this POS there would be heck to pay.

kdelong2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdelong2

This is good to teach your kids how to ride without training wheels, but a cheaper and more reliable option is just to take the peddles off of their real bike and let them coast. I taught my twins to ride a bike without training wheels in about an hour and I didn't even have to run beside them. There are plenty of videos on youtube to show you how to use this method. I would not recommend spending the money on this.

LLPooh1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LLPooh1

Don't waste your money on this one! Bought it when on Woot last time, great concept, but fell apart within a a few days of my 4 year old riding on it and can't fix it. Waste of money for sure. Buyer definitely beware on this Woot...

mikemiracle

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mikemiracle

Oh no, lookout for that incline little Timmy. Hit the brak...

mmustico

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mmustico

I bought this bike on Kids Woot a few months ago. The bike itself is OK quality wise, but certainly not one of the better ones out there. That said my 3 and 5 year old love it and ride it all the time. The only complaint from my kids is the seat is shaped horribly (it's square shaped whereas it should be curved in in the front area where their legs go like other bikes) and hurts the inside of their leg/groin area. My complaints are the bolts on the wheels do loosen now and then and my husband has to tighten them (but the wheels have never fallen off while they were riding), the seat is not shaped well to make it comfortable for them when sitting on it, and the handle bars do not adjust to go any higher but the seat does adjust which makes no sense at all. If you are looking for a very good quality balance bike and willing to spend more, you may want to stay away from this one. If you are like me and weren't sure if you wanted to get one at all and weren't sure if the kiddos would go for it and was willing to spend this reasonable price for this particular bike, then I say give it a go.

toddles12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddles12
kdelong2 wrote:...but a cheaper and more reliable option is just to take the peddles off of their real bike and let them coast.

Exactly. I hopped on craigslist and bought a bike for $10 and removed the pedals. Worked like a charm for two kids.

boomn4x4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages boomn4x4

I bought one a few months back for my then 2 year old son. It was too big for him. It is still too big for my almost four year old niece (she is tiny though). He's 3 and tall enough now to ride it, but he still prefers the peddle bikes. The only kids that I have found in the neighborhood who like to ride the bike are the kids who already know how to ride a 2-wheeler. They just like to run it down the driveway and coast.

I wouldn't call this a bad buy... but I wouldn't recommend it.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

ejmetzger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejmetzger

Great concept, but not a quality item. Put it together a couple of days ago and had the hardest time trying to get the bolts to reach the screws enough to tighten. My four year old went out immediately to try out her new bike, and came back in 5min with the bolt in her hand!

Also, as others have commented, the seat is poorly shaped and irritates the inner thigh after riding a short time.

drakono

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakono

I don't think of myself as an overprotective parent, but that woot copytext isn't exactly encouraging me to put my little spawn on this.

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore

Ummm.... what's a "peddle"?

mk72206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mk72206

I bough this a while ago for my two year old, who is in the 70th percentile for height and she is not tall enough to use it yet, even with the seat all the way down. Just keep that in mind for all you parents looking to get their kids on this earlier than the recommended age. Too bad too, since she is more than ready.

drakono

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakono
3eyore wrote:Ummm.... what's a "peddle"?

Those colored things around the center of a flour.

mickeybryan10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickeybryan10
drakono wrote:Those colored things around the center of a flour.

Ahh, I sea what you did their.

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
3eyore wrote:Ummm.... what's a "peddle"?

I believe that's what Woot does with all the merch on this site...

dmeehan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmeehan

True it's a cheaper option to just remove the peddles off of a real bike, if your kid has no motor problems. Our son has some motor issues with his left side and his balance is completely wonked out. We tried just removing the peddles but he still kept falling and hurting himself. With the balance bike, he doesn't have to worry about the chain and other parts affecting him. For a kid with physical issues, this bike is great.

kdelong2 wrote:This is good to teach your kids how to ride without training wheels, but a cheaper and more reliable option is just to take the peddles off of their real bike and let them coast. I taught my twins to ride a bike without training wheels in about an hour and I didn't even have to run beside them. There are plenty of videos on youtube to show you how to use this method. I would not recommend spending the money on this.

mjkadel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mjkadel

TreeHaus makes some truly awful stuff. We bought a play kitchen made by them and none of the holes lined up, some of the screws stripped even in the incredibly soft wood, and my 2 year old managed to rip one of hte doors off the hinges within a couple days of building it.

Ghengis042

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ghengis042

I'll just leave my previous forum post here... (hint: it is not real positive).

Imjustanant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Imjustanant

Bought one a month or two ago on woot. Put the bike together, had my little girl on it for all of 5 minutes when the bearing in the front wheel literally fell a part in the wheel. I contacted woot via email and as of right now no response....I'd say the 90 day warranty is a sales tactic at best. The product is overly light, breaks and woot won't repond to your claim.

fusionfactory

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fusionfactory

It's garbage. I can't believe woot is even still selling them...

TanCowan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TanCowan
mk72206 wrote:I bough this a while ago for my two year old, who is in the 70th percentile for height and she is not tall enough to use it yet, even with the seat all the way down. Just keep that in mind for all you parents looking to get their kids on this earlier than the recommended age. Too bad too, since she is more than ready.

Same here for my 2-1/2 year old neice. She really wants to ride it, but she isn't tall enough, and she is in the 100th percentile for height. Hope she is still interested once she is tall enough.

philipgroven

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philipgroven

Read the Amazon review. I wish I did. These bikes suck. I wasted 50$ for 2 of em last go round... they fell apart the first day.

Shame shame shame on Woot for selling these again. These are a huge safety issue.

naral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naral
mmustico wrote:I bought this bike on Kids Woot a few months ago. The bike itself is OK quality wise, but certainly not one of the better ones out there. That said my 3 and 5 year old love it and ride it all the time. The only complaint from my kids is the seat is shaped horribly (it's square shaped whereas it should be curved in in the front area where their legs go like other bikes) and hurts the inside of their leg/groin area. My complaints are the bolts on the wheels do loosen now and then and my husband has to tighten them (but the wheels have never fallen off while they were riding), the seat is not shaped well to make it comfortable for them when sitting on it, and the handle bars do not adjust to go any higher but the seat does adjust which makes no sense at all. If you are looking for a very good quality balance bike and willing to spend more, you may want to stay away from this one. If you are like me and weren't sure if you wanted to get one at all and weren't sure if the kiddos would go for it and was willing to spend this reasonable price for this particular bike, then I say give it a go.

thanks for your share, i have decided to buy one for my friend's daughter as birthday gift. she is 4years old now and love riding very much