WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

School Uniforms

There was a time when kids could go to school in a Spider-Man mask if they really wanted. Sadly, those days are now gone. Thanks for that, crazy Gen-X pranksters. Anyway, if your kid has to wear respectable clothes, at least these won't bankrupt you.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Do your kids have to wear uniforms? Has it always been that way or something they had to get used to?

I'm just hanging out, really.

kjsmason2010

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kjsmason2010
inkycatz wrote:Do your kids have to wear uniforms? Has it always been that way or something they had to get used to?

In small town Kansas, my children are still able to wear what they want. There are more rules now such as no tank tops or flip flops. However, they usually wear slacks and a polo anyways.

Apathy0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0
inkycatz wrote:Do your kids have to wear uniforms? Has it always been that way or something they had to get used to?

there is a *uniform dress code* - meaning there are options, not a strict uniform.
So pants/shorts/skirt option - Black/navy/khaki
Shirts- White or Blue (any shade) - Must have collar (can be polo, button up, turtleneck)

Something that they had to get used to, but now they realize how easy it is to
1) be able to tell their school clothes from their *play* clothes
2) be able to *pick an outfit*
3)fold & sort their laundry - they have waaay fewer clothing items than many of their peers...

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

My kid starts preschool in two weeks, and now we have uniforms. Can't say I love them, but I understand them.

dillydally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dillydally

My son is starting middle school and uniforms are required. The school has their own branded polos that are required. It's going to cost about $200+ to outfit him for 1 week of school. But, you do what ya gotta do to get him into a good school.