2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80

A few positive reviews here and here.
We're in need of the next step up (and an extra for the in-laws) so I might pull the trigger on this one.

hpdmama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpdmama

Is it made in the USA?

ericleer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericleer

Manual here ~

http://content.learningcurve.com/content/en_US/articles/TFYgearInstructions/pdf/B500-B505_Instructions_EN.pdf

You're either on the bus, or off the bus.

~ Ken Kesey

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

Seem to have decent reviews on Amazon (and are cheaper here).

We've been looking to replace a cheap "emergency" backless booster we use of our older kid and step up for the younger kid. So - in for 2 - both red so as not to start any squabbles.

Anyone with perspective on the safety aspect of these?

vtecetr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtecetr

I really want one of these in yellow for my VW GLI but the listing reads (green), but the color Abstract Os shows as yellow on other sites. Can anyone confirm?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vtecetr wrote:I really want one of these in yellow for my VW GLI but the listing reads (green), but the color Abstract Os shows as yellow on other sites. Can anyone confirm?

Changing the name won't change the photograph. It seems to be a greenish-yellow or maybe a yellowish-green. The First Years calls it Abstract Os.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff
vtecetr wrote:I really want one of these in yellow for my VW GLI but the listing reads (green), but the color Abstract Os shows as yellow on other sites. Can anyone confirm?

I think you should buy it, it will match your face.

[MOD: of your avatar.... heh]

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here's a little guide on why you need a booster seat for your little one

1. Does the child sit all the way back against the auto seat?
2. Do the child's knees bend comfortably at the edge of the auto seat?
3. Does the belt cross the shoulder between the neck and arm?
4. Is the lap belt as low as possible, touching the thighs?
5. Can the child stay seated like this for the whole trip?

This document was developed by SafetyBeltSafe U.S.A. and may be reproduced in its entirety.

aballard23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aballard23

I'm seeing a lot of comments elsewhere about old manufacturing dates. Where does Woot stand as far as the date on these boosters?

tracibub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tracibub

This is PERFECT for the new law in Arizona that goes into effect today. ALL children 8 and younger must be in a booster.

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

We own one of these and love it. It folds up for easy travel (it fits in my large suitcase) and is very easy to move between cars. It is very safe and fits my 5 yr old well. The cup holders are great and get lots of use. The cover is pretty easy to remove for washing. Also the arm rests can move up so as to make buckling in easier. All in all I'd say if you need a booster for any reason, BUY THIS!! It's a great deal on the price (I paid $65 for mine) and is a much better booster than the others at this price range. Oh, and my daughter can still sleep in this seat just fine without slouching over , a big plus on long road trips.

pico111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pico111

I have two of these seats, and
love them. My kids are comfortable in them, and can quickly buckle themselves in. We have actually had four of them, the first two were in an accident, so we bought two more because they're so safe, easy to use and comfortable.

surfphoto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages surfphoto

This seat receives pretty high marks from consumer reports (only one rated higher in High-back boosters). Although I don't consider them the be-all-end-all they are a pretty good starting point. In for two I think.

babymachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babymachine
hpdmama wrote:Is it made in the USA?

I was checking out the Product Details listed on amazon and it says Origin: China. So living the american dream, not quite yet.

jasonbaker1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonbaker1
dalematthew wrote:Seem to have decent reviews on Amazon (and are cheaper here).

We've been looking to replace a cheap "emergency" backless booster we use of our older kid and step up for the younger kid. So - in for 2 - both red so as not to start any squabbles.

Anyone with perspective on the safety aspect of these?

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:

The seats listed below (including this one) aren't Best Bets, Good Bets, or on the list of boosters the Institute doesn't recommend.

These seats can provide good protection for some kids in some vehicles, but not in as many cases as top-rated boosters. If you are using one of these seats, make sure that the lap and shoulder belts fit properly.

gbasile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbasile

Woot, please respond to the question earlier about manufacture date. It looks like these haven't been manufactured in a few years and the foam in car seats only lasts 5 years. So if the manufacture date is 2-3 years old, then this car seat will have to be replaced sooner than later. I see people who bought them in 2010 it had 2008 manufacture date.

collpa07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collpa07

What is the expiry date on these booster seats? Or when were they manufactured?

zackeeus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zackeeus

As mentioned by another Woothead, Consumer Reports liked this seat, giving it a 'Very Good' rating for crash protection and ease of use. Here are their specific comments:

CR's Take:
A very good overall performer, but can develop belt slack in some vehicle seats.

Highs
Instruction labels and manual offer clear guidance on booster use and belt placement.

Lows
If child moves, shoulder belt can develop slack in some vehicles and seat position combinations, when shoulder belt binds between headrest adjustment mechanism and seatback. Can be difficult to access the seatbelt buckle beneath the wide base in some vehicle seats.

ThunderThighs

Staff

gbasile wrote:Woot, please respond to the question earlier about manufacture date. It looks like these haven't been manufactured in a few years and the foam in car seats only lasts 5 years. So if the manufacture date is 2-3 years old, then this car seat will have to be replaced sooner than later. I see people who bought them in 2010 it had 2008 manufacture date.

We are reaching out to the vendor but we are limited by business hours.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nbs2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbs2

I went looking for reviews at car-seat.org, and found a discussion (although it started off on the topic of a Sam's Club sale).

Apparently, it is a bit short, so that is something to keep in mind if your kid and/or car's roofline is short or tall. Our kids are a bit on the tall side, so I'm tempted to pass. Although it would be convenient to have one carseat for my car in the event that we need to take the kids to different places instad of having to move seats around...

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=200191&highlight=b505

sdustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdustin

Woot - can you also confirm whether or not this booster seat has a 5-point harness? I personally would not use a booster without one for younger kids. I looked through the online manual and it does not appear that it does. It also is not mentioned in the write-up. However, a similar looking model on the Walmart website does mention it. I am not sure is this is the same model though.

REDLINEVUE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages REDLINEVUE

What happen with KidFoot #11? C'mon, its Thursday

lhalpin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhalpin
zackeeus wrote:As mentioned by another Woothead, Consumer Reports liked this seat, giving it a 'Very Good' rating for crash protection and ease of use. Here are their specific comments:

CR's Take:
A very good overall performer, but can develop belt slack in some vehicle seats.

Highs
Instruction labels and manual offer clear guidance on booster use and belt placement.

Lows
If child moves, shoulder belt can develop slack in some vehicles and seat position combinations, when shoulder belt binds between headrest adjustment mechanism and seatback. Can be difficult to access the seatbelt buckle beneath the wide base in some vehicle seats.

Yes, I saw that. "If a child moves", what universe are they living in? IF a child moves?

ThunderThighs

Staff

We heard back from the vendor. They took a look at their inventory and other records. Here's their report:

The RED Booster was produced twice, once in late 2010 and once in April of 2012. It appears that all inventory shipping now has a date of manufacture of 4/26/12 and an expiration date of 4/26/2019.

The GREEN Booster was only produced once, back in 2010, so all inventory will have a date code of around 10/31/10, but a do not use after date of 10/31/2017.

I hope this helps. As always, feel free to contact service@woot.com if you want to change your order in any way.

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland

To aid in knowing the specific car seat/booster requirements for your state:
http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/childsafety_laws.html

[MOD: fixed the URL]

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

bobbycor1975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbycor1975

I just bought a graco at Costco for 33 dollars. It also had some extra pillow pad for the head. My son falls asleep and wakes up with a sore neck. This looks the same as my older graco car seat.

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
leilana80 wrote:A few positive reviews here and here.
We're in need of the next step up (and an extra for the in-laws) so I might pull the trigger on this one.

Excellent reviews, thanks for sharing them with fellow Wooters

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

xmasangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xmasangel
sdustin wrote:Woot - can you also confirm whether or not this booster seat has a 5-point harness? I personally would not use a booster without one for younger kids. I looked through the online manual and it does not appear that it does. It also is not mentioned in the write-up. However, a similar looking model on the Walmart website does mention it. I am not sure is this is the same model though.

even on the walmart website, I don't believe there is any first years compass boosters with 5 point harness. the summit model, although includes a harness, limits harness use for up to 40lbs or 43" whichever comes first then use of car's seat belt would be needed. This is the same for vantage model. Boosters that have higher 5-point harness weight limits that I know of are the, Graco Nautilus (65lbs) with belt up to 100lbs and Britax Frontier (85lbs) and Radian XT (80lbs) then car belt up to 120 lbs.

peretzm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peretzm
jennyland wrote:To aid in knowing the specific car seat/booster requirements for your state:
http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/childsafety_laws.html,

remove the comma after the link to make it work

ThunderThighs

Staff

sdustin wrote:Woot - can you also confirm whether or not this booster seat has a 5-point harness? I personally would not use a booster without one for younger kids. I looked through the online manual and it does not appear that it does. It also is not mentioned in the write-up. However, a similar looking model on the Walmart website does mention it. I am not sure is this is the same model though.

It uses your car's seatbelts. There's a link to the manual on the Features tab so you can see how it's installed.

gbasile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbasile

This is a booster seat, which booster seats are intended to work with only the seat belt in your car. The models that come with a 5 point harness are typically called combination seats or 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 because they can be used as 5-point harness front facing before your child is big enough to use a booster. The 5 point harness can be removed and it can be used as a booster later, hence the combination or 2 in 1. This one is just a straight out booster seat, not a combination, hence the cheaper price.

CinciTech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CinciTech

Dangit woot! My coupon code DWMAR12VOTE just happened to expire a few days ago, and only NOW did you guys post something I needed... :'(

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

CinciTech wrote:Dangit woot! My coupon code DWMAR12VOTE just happened to expire a few days ago, and only NOW did you guys post something I needed... :'(

sowwy. :c

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jennyland

peretzm wrote:remove the comma after the link to make it work

Oops and thank you!

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes

jennyland

Is there any idea about when these will ship? I'm not trying to nag, just curious ;)

danlex200911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlex200911

This shipping is taking forever!

jennyland

LOL, I had mine shipped to my mom's office, since it was to be used in her car. Apparently it was delivered to her the day before I posted my question in the forum, ha! Well played, kidswoot. Well played.