Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Afternoon, anybody.



afternoon, somebody!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy nobody.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy nobody.



hey there! I resemble that remark! (as my cousin was famous for saying)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:hey there! I resemble that remark! (as my cousin was famous for saying)



Hey there. Turning cold there? Only in the 50s here.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Oh. Now they show up.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey there. Turning cold there? Only in the 50s here.



yeah...maybe heading into the 20s tonight. Chance of snow in the higher elevations.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Oh. Now they show up.



Be nice. I've had a rough weekend.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
AZGman wrote:Oh. Now they show up.



well, I checked in a few times and no one was here....used to be you-n-me watched football together here

how 'bout them Steelers

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:yeah...maybe heading into the 20s tonight. Chance of snow in the higher elevations.


Yeah, we're not anywhere near that cold. Still, it's a nice change. I'd be fine if it didn't get colder except that we need a good freeze or three to kill off the Mosquitos and fleas.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, we're not anywhere near that cold. Still, it's a nice change. I'd be fine if it didn't get colder except that we need a good freeze or three to kill off the Mosquitos and fleas.



esp those mosquitoes....you guys got the corner on West Nile this year!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:esp those mosquitoes....you guys got the corner on West Nile this year!



No kidding! The fogger was a regular sighting here. We have a creek behind us so we get special treatment. Yay us.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:No kidding! The fogger was a regular sighting here. We have a creek behind us so we get special treatment. Yay us.



damn skeeters....now they are finding that snakes are a reservoir of EEE. Joy. Another nasty skeeter-borne disease. Between them and the ticks....jeezum. Disease-infested parasites.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:damn skeeters....now they are finding that snakes are a reservoir of EEE. Joy. Another nasty skeeter-borne disease. Between them and the ticks....jeezum. Disease-infested parasites.



Kill 'em all. I seriously didn't go outside much this summer. Partly due to my weirdo schedule and that the times I could go out were prime mosquito hours. And mosquitoes love my fair skinned flesh.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Kill 'em all. I seriously didn't go outside much this summer. Partly due to my weirdo schedule and that the times I could go out were prime mosquito hours. And mosquitoes love my fair skinned flesh.



I hear ya...and now the ticks have decided to wake up with a vengeance up here. I pull them off of Tanners almost every day (I can't use any topicals on him....he's a freak!)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:I hear ya...and now the ticks have decided to wake up with a vengeance up here. I pull them off of Tanners almost every day (I can't use any topicals on him....he's a freak!)

I don't use any on Maisy either. Never have and wasn't going to start at her age. So I kept her bathed in flea/tick shampoo and used a flea collar. Worked ok.

Doesn't yeast or garlic or something in their food help repel ticks? Or is that a myth?



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:I don't use any on Maisy either. Never have and wasn't going to start at her age. So I kept her bathed in flea/tick shampoo and used a flea collar. Worked ok.

Doesn't yeast or garlic or something in their food help repel ticks? Or is that a myth?



it's a myth. I use Advantix on Joey and Mo, but I don't apply it every 30 days. I do need to get it on them but it's tricky with Mo....it is toxic to cats if they ingest it, and at any given time there is at least one cat, if not three, giving Mo a bath. Dunno what it is about the big red dog but the cats adore him.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:it's a myth. I use Advantix on Joey and Mo, but I don't apply it every 30 days. I do need to get it on them but it's tricky with Mo....it is toxic to cats if they ingest it, and at any given time there is at least one cat, if not three, giving Mo a bath. Dunno what it is about the big red dog but the cats adore him.


Ha! That's great. The writer that I babysit for now and then have a black pug that will lay on top of their black cat and just lick and lick. Cat tolerates it.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Ha! That's great. The writer that I babysit for now and then have a black pug that will lay on top of their black cat and just lick and lick. Cat tolerates it.



Poor Mo - sometimes 3 cats are laying on his head, cleaning his face. He grrs a bit, then gets up and moves, but the cats just follow him and go back to their bathing. They snuggle up to Tanners but never bathe him. And Joey, well....he's a shithead and most of the cats avoid him

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:Poor Mo - sometimes 3 cats are laying on his head, cleaning his face. He grrs a bit, then gets up and moves, but the cats just follow him and go back to their bathing. They snuggle up to Tanners but never bathe him. And Joey, well....he's a shithead and most of the cats avoid him

We're starting to suspect that Maisy has evil minions. We've realized that she has outlived every animal brought into this house during her tenure.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:We're starting to suspect that Maisy has evil minions. We've realized that she has outlived every animal brought into this house during her tenure.



good ol girlie girl

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:good ol girlie girl


Yep. Just hoping she's better when I get her out of the hospital tonight. Sigh.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Yep. Just hoping she's better when I get her out of the hospital tonight. Sigh.



what happened?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:what happened?



Chicken Jerky from China. She's got pancreatitis which is why she's in the hospital. She was vomiting and dehydrated. They're pumping her full of fluids, pain meds, and antibiotics. She's eaten twice no with no vomiting.

Her kidneys and liver are also failing

More here, rather than repeating



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Chicken Jerky from China. She's got pancreatitis which is why she's in the hospital. She was vomiting and dehydrated. They're pumping her full of fluids, pain meds, and antibiotics. She's eaten twice no with no vomiting.

Her kidneys and liver are also failing

More here, rather than repeating



crap I'm sorry. That stuff has been bad news for several years and yet the FDA won't do anything about it. SO they think it is all related to the jerky?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:crap I'm sorry. That stuff has been bad news for several years and yet the FDA won't do anything about it. SO they think it is all related to the jerky?



Absolutely is related. Also I've figured out that the rawhides with the jerky wrapped around them were causing her seizures as she's had non in the last 4 months that she's been off of them.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:Absolutely is related. Also I've figured out that the rawhides with the jerky wrapped around them were causing her seizures as she's had non in the last 4 months that she's been off of them.



that's awful. And in spite of thousands of reported cases of toxicity/deaths, these products are still available. I just don't get it. Just because they can't isolate the toxin doesn't mean it should still be on the market.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lynnzoi wrote:that's awful. And in spite of thousands of reported cases of toxicity/deaths, these products are still available. I just don't get it. Just because they can't isolate the toxin doesn't mean it should still be on the market.


No disagreement here.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
ThunderThighs wrote:No disagreement here.



It'd be really nice if the stores selling that garbage would take some responsibility. I get the FDA thing. They can only outlaw a specific chemical. They are limited. They can't just say all dog chicken from China is bad, they have to say specifically what chemical is the bad.

Still, there is nothing stopping stores from pulling from the shelves, or stopping the parent companies that made the products from pulling their contracts to have them made elsewhere.

I'm really mad about what happened to Maisy, I really hope she gets better. I even texted my sister to make sure her two dogs were safe!

Spent yesterday at pre-homecoming festivities and then the evening with my cousin out of town. He's son's birthday and then we had to fix three of his computers (yeah I know, never let family know you can fix computers).

Having an official lazy day today. Not looking forward to another full week right now.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

good morning everybody! burrr it's cold.. daughter to doc at 8:30 then probably will winterize our rv. we had hoped to buy aused ford escape and go back to the mountains. it is columbus day. the banks are closed. tomorrow will work.
tt hugs!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', j'ner; folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning and happy Canadian Thanksgiving. I'll be spending it trying to clear a bit of room in the garage.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Iceback wrote:Good morning and happy Canadian Thanksgiving. I'll be spending it trying to clear a bit of room in the garage.



Mornin'. Is there a traditional meal associated with Canada's T'giving Day?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
AZGman wrote:Mornin'. Is there a traditional meal associated with Canada's T'giving Day?



I think it's more or less the same as everyone else's Thanksgiving. At least as far as I can tell from my Canadian friends.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Doesn't Canada know it is already a holiday today? Or do they celebrate Leif Erikson day?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Did anyone else ever wonder what would have happened if the small pox thing worked in reverse?
If the Indians gave the Europeans a disease that knocked out a huge part of Europe's population?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poop and peepee have be achieved by the pup.

We are now cleared to leave the house!

Hubby worked the weekend, but took off today.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Doesn't Canada know it is already a holiday today? Or do they celebrate Leif Erikson day?



"Many countries in the New World and elsewhere celebrate the anniversary of Christopher Columbus's arrival in the Americas, which occurred on October 12, 1492, as an official holiday."

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:Mornin'. Is there a traditional meal associated with Canada's T'giving Day?



Same as here, turkey, ham, 'taters pumpkin pie.
Obviously not a celibration of the pilgrim's sitdown with the Indians, but more of a giving thanks for a good harvest etc.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Doesn't Canada know it is already a holiday today? Or do they celebrate Leif Erikson day?



The Norse are generally recognized as the true first Europeans to discover the New World.

In the end only kindness matters

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Iceback wrote:The Norse are generally recognized as the true first Europeans to discover the New World.



but do they get a holiday?