dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gone again?

I read the ducky cake thing.
I watched Mr Bean at the olympics again.

I need more entertainment here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Gone again?

I read the ducky cake thing.
I watched Mr Bean at the olympics again.

I need more entertainment here.



Me, too. Just got work in. Might ignore it until tomorrow.


dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Me, too. Just got work in. Might ignore it until tomorrow.



So....anything exciting going on....that isn't bad?

We saw a dog we haven't seen in a long time tonight.
Well, we see him, only he is in his house watching from the window.

He was all excited to see us. Jumped all over me!
I have no idea who was walking him, so I never got to find out why the dog and owner hasn't been around.

Rusty's best friend's dad and sister are in India. I wonder if it is where they lost power? I wonder if they will have trouble getting home?

I wonder why rusty's social life is more active than mine?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I give up.
See you tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:I give up.
See you tomorrow.



You know I always watch the 11:00 news.


lplady


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:I just read somewhere that you shouldn't grill corn in the husk because that steams it, that you should hust it and grill it. Seems like it would burn.



You might have read it on the link to a thread that Inky so kindly put on last post for me yesterday.

Personally I prefer the corn either in the microwave or if having a bbq I take the husk off, put my spices on it including a dab of butter, roll it in tinfoil, seal and pop on grill. Roll it around once in a while, takes about fifteen minutes.

Just a drive bye. Was checking to see when a woot package was coming this week. Good night

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
lplady wrote:You might have read it on the link to a thread that Inky so kindly put on last post for me yesterday.

Personally I prefer the corn either in the microwave or if having a bbq I take the husk off, put my spices on it including a dab of butter, roll it in tinfoil, seal and pop on grill. Roll it around once in a while, takes about fifteen minutes.

Just a drive bye. Was checking to see when a woot package was coming this week. Good night



I prefer corn grilled in husk, Orc doesn't like it that way because it's harder to get the hot husk off the corn. If I grill or campfire corn I leave them in husk, he strips and wraps in foil. I don't care for grill marks on my corn.

Don't feel like watching the Olympics in Norwegian or Swedish, and I don't feel like trying to get a British proxy to catch the BBC broadcast, so I'm not watching the Olympics at all. Kinda feel like I'm missing out, but I guess I'm not missing much more than the average American.

Hoping to watch Curiosity land with the kids, that will be exciting at least.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.


Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
KtCallista wrote:We have plenty of ways to kill ourselves left. I think the biggest issue is that these look like toys, serve a very limited useful purpose and non-parents and people who shouldn't be parents can't tell that these are inappropriate for children - and how dangerous they can be. I think of all the magnetic executive toys that I played with as a kid while my parents dealt with bankers, auto loan guys, tractor parts guys, etc. This would fulfill that roll and if the guy whose desk it was on didn't think about the kid warning since he got it in a white elephant in the last office Christmas and stuck it on his desk and while he's got Mom and Dad's attention junior pops a couple little round magnetic candies.... wow that's a really bad thing for that dude. It wasn't even his kid. And what about the plethora of clueless grandmas? I mean the number of inappropriate gifts bought by well meaning and uninformed grandparents is astronomical. Besides baby walkers are still legal in the US and they kill more kids when inattentive parents, grandparents, and babysitters stick a kid in those and let them fall into things than buckyballs.

*off soapbox*


*on soapbox*

From an editorial, "A dozen swallowing incidents have been linked by the CPSC to Buckyballs since 2009. Compare that to the estimated 30,000 emergency room visits that occur every year as a result of children swallowing government-minted coins.

There are no fewer than five cautionary labels on every Buckyballs or Buckycubes product box; the company distributes an educational video on the dangers of swallowing the toys."

Don't blame the toy.

*off soapbox*

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Mornin', folks.



Good morning.

Haven't had time to read back. It's been busy here.

Update:

Son has pneumonia. He's flying off to WI to visit ex's family (grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins) in a couple hours. He's nervous because he's never gone up there by himself. Dad's always been there with him. He'll do fine but it's just different.

Maisy has been throwing up nonstop all day. My house smells like dog barf and I'm using a carpet machine to clean it up. Sigh.

My hip got whacked out again so the chiropractor did a number on me. Massively sore for a while but it's getting a bit better with ice.

It's been an interesting 24 hours.

On the other topic, we had toys that son was only allowed to play with when we were there. It made them special. This would have been one of those. We were lucky though that he didn't put things in his mouth much as a kid.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! We have had more rain. The carpet on the porch is mildewing. Ick. Somehow I don't think spraying Clorox water on it would be good for the carpet. I don't have a carpet machine to extract the water. I bet this is one of the reasons so many of my neighbors have glassed in their porches!

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
KtCallista wrote:
Don't feel like watching the Olympics in Norwegian or Swedish, and I don't feel like trying to get a British proxy to catch the BBC broadcast, so I'm not watching the Olympics at all.



I've always used BBC Player to watch BBC coverage of stuff, not used it in a while, but was a fairly automated way to use TOR with an exit point in Britain.

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

Oh.. and as for cooking corn, it's either...

Not husked and soaked for an hour or 2 in water then grilled.

Husked then brushed with olive oil then grilled

or husked and wrapped with salted butter and baked.

I love eating corn picked the same day, and do like grill marks on it (but don't mind not having them either)

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! We have had more rain. The carpet on the porch is mildewing. Ick. Somehow I don't think spraying Clorox water on it would be good for the carpet. I don't have a carpet machine to extract the water. I bet this is one of the reasons so many of my neighbors have glassed in their porches!



My lanai which is roofed over then open to pool area gets soaked when it pours and the gutter above it cannot handle the downpour. If it stays wet, as it did when I was away- mildew forms along the edge. Since it is specially made for outdoor use, I poured straight chlorine on it - watched it fade to nothing - and then rinsed it off thoroughly. However, if you don't know if that is possible on your carpet, I would not do it unless you can do a test patch somewhere where it will not show.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

AND good morning everybody! Getting ready or trying to - get back out to SEA area. My ribcage is still terribly painful from fall. Must not cough, laugh, bend, sit, reach, etc. Makes it a tad difficult to say to least.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
klozitshoper wrote:AND good morning everybody! Getting ready or trying to - get back out to SEA area. My ribcage is still terribly painful from fall. Must not cough, laugh, bend, sit, reach, etc. Makes it a tad difficult to say to least.



Ouch! Take it easy!

I'm just hanging out, really.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
inkycatz wrote:Ouch! Take it easy!



Darn it, I have no choice! Even sitting at computer gets painful. It is not easy to trip over your own shoe, especially when you are wearing it!! Will go back out to Woodinville to the 20 some tasting rooms to blunt the pain!!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
klozitshoper wrote:AND good morning everybody! Getting ready or trying to - get back out to SEA area. My ribcage is still terribly painful from fall. Must not cough, laugh, bend, sit, reach, etc. Makes it a tad difficult to say to least.



How did I miss this? What happened? What's SEA?


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Son is in the air. He seemed much less stressed this morning although his goodbye was worse than when he goes back to school. Go figure.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Son is in the air. He seemed much less stressed this morning although his goodbye was worse than when he goes back to school. Go figure.



Did he get on a plane with pneumonia?

BTW I got that steamer because of you. It better work!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Hey PWA!

Love the woot shirt this morning -- works for me on so many levels. And printed on green, too! Haven't bought any woot shirts for some time, but this one was an instant must-have.

And agree w/ AZG about how silly the buckyball ban is. So many other common items out there which cause many many more childhood injuries every year, and they chose to ban these?


AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:How did I miss this? What happened? What's SEA?



I believe she's heading back to Seattle.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Turken wrote:Hey PWA!

Love the woot shirt this morning -- works for me on so many levels. And printed on green, too! Haven't bought any woot shirts for some time, but this one was an instant must-have.

And agree w/ AZG about how silly the buckyball ban is. So many other common items out there which cause many many more childhood injuries every year, and they chose to ban these?


Low-hanging fruit, I guess?

I love today's shirt, not for me, but I love that it is on green.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Did he get on a plane with pneumonia?

BTW I got that steamer because of you. It better work!

Yes but he wasn't running a fever. He never felt bad; just had a cough. I sent him to the doc-in-the-box just to be safe. As soon as they told him he had pneumonia and a fever, he suddenly felt awful. He could have won an academy award for that dramatic change. LOL. A good 8 hours sleep helped. He was in a bad mood last night so I sent him to bed. The cough medicine didn't hurt either.

I love the steamer I have. If you wear tshirts as much as I do, you'll love it. So fast. Freshens up a shirt that you've worn for a just a short while too.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Since I'm awake for a bit and there's quite a few of you here, I have a question for you....

Since our servers are now in the cloud, we're not as constrained on resources as we were in the past.

What that means for PWA is that we don't really HAVE to cap the threads at 100 pages any more. We've continued to do it since it was always a fun game to go for last post and start a new thread.

Seems like the chase has died down a bit now though so the question is...

Do you want to continue the cap at 100 pages or move it out some... say 300. A 500 page thread might be a little daunting for a new wooter and a little unwieldy.

Obviously, last post can continue to have the cap if y'all want. The word threads could go a bit longer too if you want.

Discuss? Thoughts?



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Since I'm awake for a bit and there's quite a few of you here, I have a question for you....

Since our servers are now in the cloud, we're not as constrained on resources as we were in the past.

What that means for PWA is that we don't really HAVE to cap the threads at 100 pages any more. We've continued to do it since it was always a fun game to go for last post and start a new thread.

Seems like the chase has died down a bit now though so the question is...

Do you want to continue the cap at 100 pages or move it out some... say 300. A 500 page thread might be a little daunting for a new wooter and a little unwieldy.

Obviously, last post can continue to have the cap if y'all want. The word threads could go a bit longer too if you want.

Discuss? Thoughts?



If the server is in the cloud, how come I have trouble loading?
I think it is woot, not my computer. I usually try to open some other site to see if it is me.

Since I close the threads here, I'll stay out of it.

I got permission to close last post at any time, but the last posters didn't want that. They most likely will go for the longer thread if that is what everyone wants.

It is true, there are very few last posters left. Not like when pblgov was here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:If the server is in the cloud, how come I have trouble loading?
I think it is woot, not my computer. I usually try to open some other site to see if it is me.


Are you talking page refreshing/reloading? I see that too and I've reported it. Please report it via the Beta Feedback.

I find it faster to click on the Permalink ... uhm, link on the last post of the thread to reload the page.

dontwantaname wrote:
It is true, there are very few last posters left. Not like when pblgov was here.


Remember when we used to post something in all the threads on the first page so it would show only our name on the page. LOL



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
ThunderThighs wrote:Since I'm awake for a bit and there's quite a few of you here, I have a question for you....

Since our servers are now in the cloud, we're not as constrained on resources as we were in the past.

What that means for PWA is that we don't really HAVE to cap the threads at 100 pages any more. We've continued to do it since it was always a fun game to go for last post and start a new thread.

Seems like the chase has died down a bit now though so the question is...

Do you want to continue the cap at 100 pages or move it out some... say 300. A 500 page thread might be a little daunting for a new wooter and a little unwieldy.

Obviously, last post can continue to have the cap if y'all want. The word threads could go a bit longer too if you want.

Discuss? Thoughts?



Sure...now you go and remove the cap.

There was really no reason for it in the first place, and if there was, woot needed better programmers.

Yeesh.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:Sure...now you go and remove the cap.

There was really no reason for it in the first place, and if there was, woot needed better programmers.

Yeesh.


LURKER!



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ThunderThighs wrote:Since I'm awake for a bit and there's quite a few of you here, I have a question for you....

Since our servers are now in the cloud, we're not as constrained on resources as we were in the past.

What that means for PWA is that we don't really HAVE to cap the threads at 100 pages any more. We've continued to do it since it was always a fun game to go for last post and start a new thread.

Seems like the chase has died down a bit now though so the question is...

Do you want to continue the cap at 100 pages or move it out some... say 300. A 500 page thread might be a little daunting for a new wooter and a little unwieldy.

Obviously, last post can continue to have the cap if y'all want. The word threads could go a bit longer too if you want.

Discuss? Thoughts?



I prefer having an end in sight, but not averse to it trailing out some; if we could get the mods to agree to occasionally "let it ride!" I like having the name change periodically.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
cruzer wrote:Sure...now you go and remove the cap.

There was really no reason for it in the first place, and if there was, woot needed better programmers.

Yeesh.



The forums have always been a quick and dirty thing that we've meant to go back and redo, there just haven't been enough developers or time. Luke'll admit that too. So, yeah, it was a quick and dirty fix for a quick and dirty platform. =P

Technically, we COULD have not capped it, but we would have seen significant performance degradation. Seemed like stopping a thread to make everything go faster was a pretty good choice.

Anyhoo, s'up to you folks.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I prefer having an end in sight, but not averse to it trailing out some; if we could get the mods to agree to occasionally "let it ride!" I like having the name change periodically.


Oooooh, the name changes are pretty fun. Good point.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:I prefer having an end in sight, but not averse to it trailing out some; if we could get the mods to agree to occasionally "let it ride!" I like having the name change periodically.



agree with this.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
ThunderThighs wrote:Son has pneumonia.



buckyballs.

ThunderThighs wrote:Maisy has been throwing up nonstop all day.



buckyballs.

ThunderThighs wrote:My hip got whacked out again



buckyballs!

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
ThunderThighs wrote: Please report it via the Beta Feedback.



Last time I tried to click the button, it didn't work.!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dougall wrote:Last time I tried to click the button, it didn't work.!



buckyballs are the root cause.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dougall wrote:Last time I tried to click the button, it didn't work.!


What happened? Error? When loading the pop-up box or when submitting the feedback?

I haven't heard of any issues with beta feedback but I'll investigate.

Can you try again and let me know?



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

dougall


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
no1 wrote:buckyballs are the root cause.



That's it.. I'm switching to rare earth magnetic spheres imported from China.

Back To Top