3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

The hamburger helper hand has two friends now!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Oooh, this looks so cool - no pun intended, although apparently they are "cool to the touch." The plug-in "TykeLight" alone is $14.99 at the Mothership and the "GloMate" is $12.95 so this looks like a good deal. To be fair, the Glomate looks like it's received middling reviews (average 2.5/5 stars).

Too bad woot isn't selling the t-rex!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Firebert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Firebert

Saw something pretty similar at Ikea today for $14.99. I didn't buy that either.

BOOYAA!!

Spoka Nightlight

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

If I didn't already have an entire Glow Man army, I'd get these. Even still I am tempted. Like Lock-n-Locks, you never get past the temptation to buy more. They make great gifts -- and a two-fer to boot!

I like the rainbow colors and portability. It is a brighter light than you would think. Especially in the car (you will think the cops are behind you!) Only downside is the timer only works in blue mode.

I love the charging base -- waited a long time for that. Had given up waiting and bought the ones with batteries before these came out.

They are also great for trick-or-treating safety lights.

ATMA

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ATMA

These things are really neat and kids love them. Our grandson has had one for a long time and used it daily during his first years. He is 4 now and it still works great.

pmalmgren

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmalmgren

I absolutely love our glo mate and so does my toddler. I've been thinking of buying another for the baby, so I might have to consider this set. Though i'm not sure a plug in nightlight is a good idea around my little unplugging monkey(toddler). If you've considered buying one, I definitely recommend the glo mate and not the glo mate jr(requires batteries). If your child is inquisitive/desrtuctive the bottom piece(power options and bulbs) can be popped out, but it goes easily back in but could besomething to keep in mind.

kurahee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kurahee

This is a good deal. The mobi is a very good nightlight.

Be aware, though, that it can be TOO bright at times, and you might want to have a way to deflect the direct lighting of the room.

FyrFytr44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FyrFytr44

Just like other Mobi products we tried, our GloMate was nice while it lasted but didn't last long...maybe 3 months. We have used their Camera system for a while, works great just a disappointment when it came to broadcasting on the internet. We also got the talking thermometer, and liked it a lot till it just randomly stopped working after like 4 or 5 months. Debated on another tykelight since our son liked it so much, but couldn't justify giving them the business again. The WalMart knockoff has done just as well and is still going strong 2 years later. Also picked up (well got, in order to be able to leave the store) one if the Ikea ones and it is going strong close to 6 months later and almost a nightly use.

I do agree though, it is NOT a good nightlight. It is, however, bright enough to scare the monsters away at bedtime if you take it to bed with you. A little small to be a good snuggle buddy though, even for my now 3 (then 18 month-24 month)

Washburn Electric Guitar, Technotunes 256MB MP3 Watch, Westinghouse Slicer Toaster, Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack, Delphi RoadyXT XM Receiver w/Car Kit, Cobra XRS9500 11 Band Radar & Laser Detector, KidSmart Vocal Smoke Detector – 2 Pack, DECO StingRay Water Scooter
Still no Blogging Old CEO :-(

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
mkentosh wrote:The hamburger helper hand has two friends now!

I thought it was the HH hand, too.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
kurahee wrote:This is a good deal. The mobi is a very good nightlight.

Be aware, though, that it can be TOO bright at times, and you might want to have a way to deflect the direct lighting of the room.

Couldn't you just put a little teeny outfit (Barbie) or, in a pinch, make her a little duct tape bikini to block out the light?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Sorry, and videos:
glomate

wallmate

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
FyrFytr44 wrote:Just like other Mobi products we tried, our GloMate was nice while it lasted but didn't last long...maybe 3 months. We have used their Camera system for a while, works great just a disappointment when it came to broadcasting on the internet. We also got the talking thermometer, and liked it a lot till it just randomly stopped working after like 4 or 5 months. Debated on another tykelight since our son liked it so much, but couldn't justify giving them the business again. The WalMart knockoff has done just as well and is still going strong 2 years later. Also picked up (well got, in order to be able to leave the store) one if the Ikea ones and it is going strong close to 6 months later and almost a nightly use.

I do agree though, it is NOT a good nightlight. It is, however, bright enough to scare the monsters away at bedtime if you take it to bed with you. A little small to be a good snuggle buddy though, even for my now 3 (then 18 month-24 month)

this is a great nightlight: http://www.amazon.com/Tabletop-Projector-Nature-Machine-Collections/dp/B005H8M11Q I wish they'd offer them on woot. It has lasted through a ton of abuse & misuse & my kiddos love it..and the battery life is forever...for real. It also has sounds if that is of interest to you - we don't use that feature generally since we use humidifiers in the winter & fans in the summer.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

alanforrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanforrest

We bought a Mobiglow last year when it was the daily Woot and it lasted a whopping 3 days before dying. What a huge disappointment! It turns out at we weren't the only ones to have that problem.

We bought a Kinderglow off Amazon and it's been great. My 4 year old uses it practically every night and after a year it's still going strong.

goochas

quality posts: 3 Private Messages goochas

Neat light. Unfortunately, my kids are past their nightlight prime, but they always found comfort in the Mobi's amorphous cousin, the lava lamp, which still illuminates their room today. Unlike the Mobi, cousin Lava actually moves. Cool.

kadie22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kadie22

I don't know what to do. Have that many people really had a bad experience with these dying quickly? I really like that the Kinderglo have a t-rex but it is $25....although it might be worth it if the Mobi is going to die after a few months. Thoughts?

lindymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindymon

Maybe we just lucked out big time but we bought the TykeLight Junior bundle offered here in 2010 and ours still work beautifully. Our kids both love them and they came in extremely handy during a power outage when we couldn't find our flashlights. Batteries die more quickly than I'd like but that's kind of expected, particularly when the color-shifting mode gets accidentally left on all day by my now-4-year-old. And yes, the fade setting is only in blue. Not really a big deal.
I'm seriously tempted to toss the dice again and get this set in order to have a rechargeable GloMate.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth
kadie22 wrote:I don't know what to do. Have that many people really had a bad experience with these dying quickly? I really like that the Kinderglo have a t-rex but it is $25....although it might be worth it if the Mobi is going to die after a few months. Thoughts?

I still have my original TykeLights that I bought probably 5 years ago from Sams. Same price for one. Our first "Glow Men". They were rechargeable like this one, but you plugged the charger directly into it -- no base. It was a harder plastic outside, so one got cracked. Still worked -- still does now too. But that got me watching for a rechargeable replacement. But they were in battery phase then. Or ones that are not portable and can't leave the base. D"oh!

I can't speak for others, but we have several that have had heavy use over several years. Even with some cosmetic casualties (on the older plastic model) they are all still working.

pmalmgren

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pmalmgren

I'm seeing quite a few about these not lasing for people, and i'm shocked!! Ours takes a LOT of abusE from our toddler, it's a play toy by day and a mommy doesn't break her neck in the nursery light by night. We've had it over a year, and the only part that doesn't work is the red bulb, and that's from the little monkey abusing it and popping the bottom out so often. I don'T know whether other shoppers were unlucky or if I was super lucky.

gelatojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gelatojo

I bought 3 of these last time and they were only $7.99. After the first two broke withing weeks of use each, I thought I paid way too much. They are really cool, while they last. Now they want $14.99? Seriously? Not a freakin'chance....

yoshipeach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoshipeach

I also had these die on me within a few weeks. I had bought 2 when my twins were 9 months and both died within a few days of each other. Luckily, I bought them off of amazon and returned them.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
gelatojo wrote:I bought 3 of these last time and they were only $7.99. After the first two broke withing weeks of use each, I thought I paid way too much. They are really cool, while they last. Now they want $14.99? Seriously? Not a freakin'chance....

That was a two-pack for the glomate at $7.99, not a glomate and wallmate, but we get what you're saying.

caine451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caine451

Totaly off topic but the detail story was touching to say the least.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields

FYI - these will likely be shipped separately. If you only receive half your order, please allow a few more days for the remainder to arrive.

You are always welcome to email us (service@woot.com) for tracking information as well.

naral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naral

there are two Mobi Tykel bundle in my home, i light them on in my kids' room, little girls like them very much,