2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lalaclassic

quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

Can this pillow double as a lamby neck pillow for travel?

thumperchick

quality posts: 210 Private Messages thumperchick

Wow, this price is pretty good.

The Lamb Cover + Pillow goes for $49.99 on Amazon. Also, this one seems to have pockets built in (based on the Amazon pics)
The Elephant w/Toy Cover Alone goes for $29.95

rotflol

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rotflol
lalaclassic wrote:Can this pillow double as a lamby neck pillow for travel?

It's bigger than it looks, I don't think it would be comfortable around your neck. It would probably push your head too far forward.

But as a nursing pillow and general baby support pillow it's awesome. I used mine several times a day for nearly a year while breastfeeding and later to support her while she drank her bottles. One of the best and most useful baby items I had. I do recommend getting some extra covers so you can replace them with a clean one when the inevitable spit up occurs.

[hello]

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

No - it's way too large.

This pillow can work for supprting baby while you nurse, feed or just cuddle. It is also aAMAZING to use as a pillow to set on top of when recovering post partum - it is the world's best pillow for hemorrhoids or tail bone injury as it's actually large enough to hold your whole behind versus those stupid donuts & it tapers at the edges, & is a bit bendy - so you can squeeze the U shape more closed or pull it more open as needed for comfort. I actually think this thing should be marketted for hemmorhoids & tail bone injuries, it's that good. And it did make a good nursing pillow as well. I have like 3 of them - one for me to set on while recovering & one upstairs & one down stairs. It works well for helping baby to learn to set up without smashing their heads. It will NOT hold them up, just be a nice place to fall over. It is great for tummy time you can prop their belly up on it with a few toy below so it helps babies who hate tummy time have hands free movement & something fun to do rather than have your face 2 inches off the carpet. My kids (5 & 2) still have it kicking around the living room to use it as a pillow to prop their heads on while watching TV & laying on the floor. It's all in all a good investment if you use it in all the ways we do.

Some say "My Breast Friend" pillow is better & maybe it is, but I can't imagine it's as versatile. I liked my boppy (obviously) so much so that I got two more. LOL

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields

I loved my Boppy, and used it until my son (6.5m) became mobile. He loved being propped up on it on his back or tummy. It elevated him, so it helped when he was gassy. Helped with support while nursing as well.

lstaff

quality posts: 197 Private Messages lstaff

Best. Nursing. Pillow. Ever.

Great price, and since it's on just about every pregnant mom's registry, you.ll probably want to stock up

Too bad it's not a few weeks from now - i'm gonna be doing a small tv show about breastfeeding on public access tv (i think i'll call it ”The BrEaSt Minute on TV”), & I could plug it. Hope it will be offerred again!

catgrrl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages catgrrl

Geez, nice giant paragraph of warnings! Holy cow, this thing is lethal to babies!

mkiisupraman18

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mkiisupraman18

I used mine mostly for propping my sons up next to me so I could teach them important life lessons... like the Konami code.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
beck12 wrote:No - it's way too large.

This pillow can work for supprting baby while you nurse, feed or just cuddle. It is also aAMAZING to use as a pillow to set on top of when recovering post partum - it is the world's best pillow for hemorrhoids or tail bone injury as it's actually large enough to hold your whole behind versus those stupid donuts & it tapers at the edges, & is a bit bendy - so you can squeeze the U shape more closed or pull it more open as needed for comfort. I actually think this thing should be marketted for hemmorhoids & tail bone injuries, it's that good. And it did make a good nursing pillow as well. I have like 3 of them - one for me to set on while recovering & one upstairs & one down stairs. It works well for helping baby to learn to set up without smashing their heads. It will NOT hold them up, just be a nice place to fall over. It is great for tummy time you can prop their belly up on it with a few toy below so it helps babies who hate tummy time have hands free movement & something fun to do rather than have your face 2 inches off the carpet. My kids (5 & 2) still have it kicking around the living room to use it as a pillow to prop their heads on while watching TV & laying on the floor. It's all in all a good investment if you use it in all the ways we do.

Some say "My Breast Friend" pillow is better & maybe it is, but I can't imagine it's as versatile. I liked my boppy (obviously) so much so that I got two more. LOL

I had both the Breast Friend and the Boppy. I used the Boppy for the tush support postpartum as you mentioned, and the breast friend for nursing. I also used the Boppy for tummy time, and sitting up attempts.
I think that at this price it should definitely be bought, even for those that may get a Breast Friend as well. You can't put a price on making it through that first post-partum week sanity intact, but $22.99 is a price I would easily pay over. That said, if Woot does a Breast Friend deal, snag one of those too... A breast above the Boppy.

Costar

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Costar

My Boppy was so indispensible for nursing - I used it through two kids, and now that a third is on the way, I am tempted to get this one because it is a really good deal. Just getting a new cover can be more expensive!

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

would be REALLY bulky. They are actually the length of a regular pillow.

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

I've had mine for four years and on its fourth kid. I even like sleeping on it. I have thought about getting more for the older ones because they like to snuggle in it. I wasn't able to nurse very long but it still came in handy. After bottles laying them down in it to keep them from spitting up or rolling over. Also when it is time for "tummy time this works great to keep their faces off the floor.

jrpigman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jrpigman

Wife and I have been waiting for these to come up on Kids.woot. We got one for our shower and figured, who could ever use more than one? The answer? Anybody who takes care of their kid in more than one place. Our little guy is 9 weeks old, and he loves this thing as a play area, a bassinet, a nursing aid, something to help great grandma hold him for more than 5 minutes, a prop to look up at the fan (he loves the fan) and about a jillion other things. Seriously contemplating getting one for my wife's work, my mom's house, and my grandma's house...

jasjr78

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jasjr78

Maybe I shouldn't be commenting on this because I'm a dude, but here it goes anyway.

My wife and I have 2 boys (18-mo. and 3-1/2 years) and in our experience, the Boppy was mediocre as a nursing tool (especially when compared to "My Breast Friend") and outstanding as a cushy baby support system for floor playing/sitting. So, I guess I'm giving it mixed reviews.

As a nursing aid: B-/C+
As an infant support pillow: A

quolo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quolo

We've got this one, a My Breast Friend, and some other one. My wife uses them heavily, and this one comes in 2nd place. It roams around the apartment as an alternate to grab if the My Breast Friend isn't handy.

The My Breast Friend also attaches at the waist and has a couple bumps on it that keep little Mr. Awesome in place. It works almost like a old cigarette sales tray, and the wife swears by it.

Still, this Boppy situation is quite handy for taking the strain off an arm while holding the future President of The Rotary Club.

granthamkk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages granthamkk

Everyone in my house loved ours! It is very versitile. Yes, it is great for any new parent (yes moms and dads) for nursing or bottle feeding. It's great for reading, etc too. Ours was worn out because someone was ALWAYS using it. If the cover wasn't so baby-ish I would probably get it. It is a good price, especially if you like the cover.

granthamkk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages granthamkk

Yes, that is one of the many ways we used ours.

senselesshane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages senselesshane

I have the Lamb cover, and I love it. It has three small pockets on it. Great for holding items while nursing. My son is 15 months now and we use it as a place from him to sit and drink his bottle. He loves to snuggle with it, and uses the pockets to hold his cup.

hungryblonde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hungryblonde

After you add in shipping, this deal is only a couple dollars cheaper than buying it on the store. Target sells the exact same Boppys for 29.99. I can use a 10% off at target and get it cheaper! Something is not right about that!
http://www.target.com/p/boppy-blue-slideline-toy-slipcover/-/A-13148388

lessthanjess1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lessthanjess1
hungryblonde wrote:After you add in shipping, this deal is only a couple dollars cheaper than buying it on the store. Target sells the exact same Boppys for 29.99. I can use a 10% off at target and get it cheaper! Something is not right about that!

That link is for the slipcover only @target. The woot is for pillow and slipcover.

kaeits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaeits
hungryblonde wrote:After you add in shipping, this deal is only a couple dollars cheaper than buying it on the store. Target sells the exact same Boppys for 29.99. I can use a 10% off at target and get it cheaper! Something is not right about that!

That link is for just the slipcover. This deal is for the slipcover and the pillow.

jessydonahue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessydonahue

I always had 2 on hand and it's great this comes with a slipcover. I would recommend buying an additional slipcover though - I promise along with everything else, you will be washing these often and will need a second while one is in the wash

katieburnette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages katieburnette

This is a great price! For me, I love the "My breast friend" (which by the way, who thought that would be a good name for a pillow??) for nursing and use the boppy for propping up the little one. In for one as I'm preggo again.

JRose48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRose48

A lamby is 10x11, this is 20x16 so it is much bigger than a neck pillow.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

LOVED my Boppy last time around and will definitely be getting it back out for this next one. It's so versatile, as many have mentioned, quite useful for propping baby up while not nursing. I actually liked it better than My Brest Friend as a nursing pillow, it's less bulky and stiff and you can prop around yourself in many more positions. I would often put one side up a little higher, more under my arm, as a support for me, while baby was on the rest (hard to explain in words).

bunchesofroses

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bunchesofroses

My sister loves hers and this is a really good price. I don't have any kids of my own, yet, but I used it to hold and support my nephew when he was a newborn and it worked pretty well.

Also, my Mom sews covers for these for my sister, they're apparently really easy to make.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 225 Private Messages kylemittskus

Insane price, but we already have a Boppy. I'd be all over it otherwise.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

heatholliday

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heatholliday

These are the best! I actually was given 2 and I use them both. Not only for nursing, but tummy time, and when my daughter first started sitting on her own I put it around her to keep her from falling over and hitting her head. You can also wash and dry the pillow and cover, so you don't have to worry about spit up. I highly recommend them

bluemilkisback

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluemilkisback

I nursed for 18 months. I never used this thing. I thought it was uncomfortable and pointless. I'm not remotely fat either. I usually weigh 110, so it's not like I couldn't stretch it around my body or anything. It might be because I have a long torso so I still had to bend a little to feed him and it seemed rather painful on my back. Really my torso isn't any more than 3 inches longer than average though. I used it once or twice to prop my son up, but that was it. Since then it has just been used as a leg pillow as I have always felt most comfortable sleeping on my side and propping my leg up. It's not much different from a normal pillow in that aspect though.

I am aware, however, that people love these things. So go ahead and buy one if you want to. You might want to think about the whole long torso thing if you have one too though.

travera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travera

Anyone compared this with the one sold in store?

We have both, one purchased from the local Babies R Us, and one from woot. We feel that the quality differs a lot! The one from the local store is way better than this one, in terms of the firmness of the pillow, the sewing work, and the matching between the pillow and the cover.

Any thoughts?