olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster
Moueska wrote:In the meantime, the final scene of the Doctor and River Song was oddly final in its creation. So there's no middle ground / chance that he will run into her again, hm? Tsk.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

SPEAKING OF SPOILERS

~*~*~*~*~*~DO~NOT~READ~IF~YOU~ARE~SPOILER~FREE~*~*~*~*~*~
/fuss fuss fuss

Nobody else fussing about the choice of Matt Smith to bow out?

/FUSS FUSS FUSS

olcubmaster

Moueska wrote:SPEAKING OF SPOILERS

~*~*~*~*~*~DO~NOT~READ~IF~YOU~ARE~SPOILER~FREE~*~*~*~*~*~
/fuss fuss fuss

Nobody else fussing about the choice of Matt Smith to bow out?

/FUSS FUSS FUSS

Spoiler(?) Continued...

I find myself with an odd mixed feeling about it. With the regeneration from 10th to 11th, I felt as if Tenant left way too soon...not to mention his heart wrenching exit line.

Matt Smith was this odd looking (I mean take that forehead alone - Herman Munster right?) interloper crawling from the wreckage. And yet, his manic, egotistical, brooding style became endearing.

Do I feel ready for losing another incarnation? No. The whole "Impossible Girl" dynamic was just warming up.

Then again, the relationship between Rose and the Doctor only truly blossomed once 9 became 10.

To sum it up - I'm all over the map on this one but ready to enjoy the ride.

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:This is all

Wow - that's nice. If only I had a spare $123 to invest in silver. Yeah - that's the ticket...I'd be investing in silver if I bought it!

Think my wife would go for that?

Me either.

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:
Think my wife would go for that?

perhaps if you bought it for her and not yourself.

anyway, there's only one way to find out ;)

(Shipping was a smidge over $40 too)

dougall

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:Captain Jack Married in CA.

Mazel Tov to the happy couple!

I've been trying to avoid the spoilers about the 50th special and the new season. Version 2 almost spilled something he read but caught himself in time.

Anyone catch the 6th Doctor Revisited? We watched the show but haven't watched the vintage episode yet.

On another point, our local PBS has launched a british channel and shows older Whos (10th Doctor lately) on Sunday evenings followed by Red Dwarf.

dougall

Spoilers?????

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:Spoilers?????

I was afraid to watch but having done so it certainly was oddly interesting...

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:I was afraid to watch but having done so it certainly was oddly interesting...

Turns out it's just another box set.

Exhibit A

#BroughtToYouByTheLucasArtsMerchandisingDept.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

That's a bit of a letdown.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

olcubmaster

Now this is just weird.

Michael Jackson as the Doctor?

Unfortunately the article I read on Huffington Post included a MAJOR SPOLIER I did NOT wish to see. The spoiler is NOT in the link provided above at the time of posting.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Versions and us have seen all the New Who there is to see.... thinking I might even take at least the oldest to to the 50th Anniversary if we can get it in a theater.

Beware the V'owls screech!

olcubmaster

KtCallista wrote:Versions and us have seen all the New Who there is to see.... thinking I might even take at least the oldest to to the 50th Anniversary if we can get it in a theater.

I would love to do the theater expereince. I haven't heard about a theater release. Perhaps the info is out there but I've been keeping myself in the dark trying hard to miss the spoilers.

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:I would love to do the theater expereince. I haven't heard about a theater release. Perhaps the info is out there but I've been keeping myself in the dark trying hard to miss the spoilers.

All I have seen to this point is the celebration weekend in London, tickets went on sale yesterday

not sure if the special is being shown or not.

Some more info

I haven't seen anything regarding the special itself, but from history I remember season premiers being shown in London and NYC, so NYC should be close enough to home if I was really inclined.. who knows if there will be something special this side of the pond though.

KtCallista

dougall wrote:All I have seen to this point is the celebration weekend in London, tickets went on sale yesterday

not sure if the special is being shown or not.

Some more info

I haven't seen anything regarding the special itself, but from history I remember season premiers being shown in London and NYC, so NYC should be close enough to home if I was really inclined.. who knows if there will be something special this side of the pond though.

I guess with the announcement that it is 3D that there is anticipation for a theatrical release. I tried to see if a list of theaters is available yet, but my Google-foo came up empty.

dougall

KtCallista wrote:I guess with the announcement that it is 3D that there is anticipation for a theatrical release. I tried to see if a list of theaters is available yet, but my Google-foo came up empty.

remember that 3d broadcast TV is more prevalent in euorope than it is in the us.. its creation in 3d might not mean a theatrical release.

they tried a movie before ;)

KtCallista

dougall wrote:remember that 3d broadcast TV is more prevalent in euorope than it is in the us.. its creation in 3d might not mean a theatrical release.

they tried a movie before ;)

I suppose... I'm still holding out hope.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
dougall wrote:they tried a movie before ;)

Yeah... yeah...

But the fandom is WAY stronger now than we used to be.

dougall

Moueska wrote:Yeah... yeah...

But the fandom is WAY stronger now than we used to be.

perhaps in the us :p

also note there wasn't the strength of the internet in the mid 90s and before.

not saying it won't happen. just not saying its likely.

dougall

The Proms are cool!

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:The Proms are cool!

Nice hair too. Not his usual tailor by the look of that fitting though.

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:Nice hair too. Not his usual tailor by the look of that fitting though.

no comment........

olcubmaster

My youngest version is doing his best not to disclose any of the spoilers/theories he's read on line but at some point he may explode.

I hope he can hold it on until he leaves for school again in August.

I ran accross one tidbit that was tucked away in a totally unrelated article and feel betrayed.

I hope is was balderdash, not that it wouldn't be interesting, but because I want it to be fake.

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:My youngest version is doing his best not to disclose any of the spoilers/theories he's read on line but at some point he may explode.

I hope he can hold it on until he leaves for school again in August.

I ran accross one tidbit that was tucked away in a totally unrelated article and feel betrayed.

I hope is was balderdash, not that it wouldn't be interesting, but because I want it to be fake.

I will cross my fingers for you.

it is a challenge to not rush and post everything that comes my way... like the Dalek-Cyberman-Adipose hybrid.

(oops)

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:I will cross my fingers for you.

it is a challenge to not rush and post everything that comes my way... like the Dalek-Cyberman-Adipose hybrid.

(oops)

That's ok - it's only one generation beyond the Cyberman/Adipose hybrid pictured here.

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:That's ok - it's only one generation beyond the Cyberman/Adipose hybrid pictured here.

Funny thing about time travel, you can get older generations further along your own timeline.

olcubmaster

Well, another month closer to the start of the new season and the 50th, and time for the next Doctor Revisited.

This week The Seventh Doctor.

The youngest version and I will be watching - and you?

olcubmaster

Geez, I'm standing here like an Goobers, talking to myself. Might as well get on this line like an Goobers, talking to myself.

Bonus points for a non-googled reference source for that line. Double points for naming the Doctor later revealed in the source.

Version 2 and I watched Doctors Revisited: 7 and I was very surprised.

Life had interrupted and I never watched #7 when it was on PBS Saturday nights at midnight way back when.

The episode they aired for #7 seemed to set the pacing and style for the reintroduction of the series. My son looked at me and said he couldn't understand how this incarnation led to the shows demise.

Different time, different expectations I suppose, but I'm certainly going to seek out other episodes to watch.

Anyone else have a chance to view it?

dougall

Some of us have seen more than enough of the 7th doctor.

and, because of the nice guy I am, I will open opportunity for you to have done the same.

and I promise, no spoilers.. at least not from a Whovian perspective, dinner is another matter.

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:Some of us have seen more than enough of the 7th doctor.

and, because of the nice guy I am, I will open opportunity for you to have done the same.

and I promise, no spoilers.. at least not from a Whovian perspective, dinner is another matter.

Indeed you are one heckova guy there dougy my boy! I hadn't yet been introduced to Compost Corner Compost Corner but now I have. Life as I know it will never be the same.

olcubmaster

For your entertainment, a spoiler-free 13 minute compilation of Doctor Who opening animations & themes from 1963 to present.

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:For your entertainment, a spoiler-free 13 minute compilation of Doctor Who opening animations & themes from 1963 to present.

no spoilers?

Pssshhhhhhh, Delia Derbyshire's version of the theme totally spoils any other rendition of it. Yay BBC Radiophonic Workshop

and, my real reason for popping in:-

fire up your proxy servers... or your DVRs... Or you televisions... or wait a few hours and fire up your gray-area-legality downloading of television via the Internet!

New Doctor will be revealed at 7pm BST Sunday

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:no spoilers?

Pssshhhhhhh, Delia Derbyshire's version of the theme totally spoils any other rendition of it. Yay BBC Radiophonic Workshop

and, my real reason for popping in:-

fire up your proxy servers... or your DVRs... Or you televisions... or wait a few hours and fire up your gray-area-legality downloading of television via the Internet!

New Doctor will be revealed at 7pm BST Sunday

You beat me to it Dougie boy! My youngest got the news while were having dinner last night. As much as I am avoiding spoilers, we will both be watching. I figure once that hits the air there will be no avoiding that bit of info.

From what we figure, that's about 2:00pm eastern. Or is it 1:00pm?

dougall

olcubmaster wrote:You beat me to it Dougie boy! My youngest got the news while were having dinner last night. As much as I am avoiding spoilers, we will both be watching. I figure once that hits the air there will be no avoiding that bit of info.

From what we figure, that's about 2:00pm eastern. Or is it 1:00pm?

2PM EDT

It's on BBCA too (Simulcast even), so their times will likely be correct in your regular TV guide or DVR Box.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/08/twelfth-doctor-to-be-unveiled-in-live-bbc-america-special-sunday/

olcubmaster

dougall wrote:2PM EDT

It's on BBCA too (Simulcast even), so their times will likely be correct in your regular TV guide or DVR Box.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/08/twelfth-doctor-to-be-unveiled-in-live-bbc-america-special-sunday/

Hmmm..funeral Sunday at noon...not a problem making it in front of the set by 2:00pm with fishsticks and custard in hand.

Allons-y, Alonzo!

dougall

Custard sounds good.

no fish fingers though.. maybe chicken nuggets

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Geronimo!

Can make trifle. Strawberries and chocolate cake and custard.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

I think we'll probably catch the event when it hits the net. I doubt that's going to stay offline for more than 10 seconds.