+ Add a Comment

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:
Snagged from g+

ha!

g+ brings us good things. :D Thanks for this!

edit: well wibbly wobbly timey wimey we're on page ten!

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

amjur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amjur

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

Working our way through Doctor Who with the versions and... we finally got to Blink!

Ver2 was really excited because a friend at school had seen it and they talk about Doctor Who together, so now she knows what the Weeping Angels are.

She spent most of the episode with her head buried and then all of "get ready for bed time" imitating an Angel trying to scare me.

Ver1 loved it too and was doing the same thing.

(I think that episode is brilliant even without the Angels, they just make it even better.)

In other news, Amazon just informed me that my pre-order bluray of Doctor Who: Series Seven - Part One has been delayed and will ship in an month or so. They sent an automail asking if I wanted the DVD instead.

No-thank-you-very-much.

I think someone underestimated the popularity of Doctor Who in the US.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Orcrist42 wrote:Working our way through Doctor Who with the versions and... we finally got to Blink!

Ver2 was really excited because a friend at school had seen it and they talk about Doctor Who together, so now she knows what the Weeping Angels are.

She spent most of the episode with her head buried and then all of "get ready for bed time" imitating an Angel trying to scare me.

Ver1 loved it too and was doing the same thing.

(I think that episode is brilliant even without the Angels, they just make it even better.)

In other news, Amazon just informed me that my pre-order bluray of Doctor Who: Series Seven - Part One has been delayed and will ship in an month or so. They sent an automail asking if I wanted the DVD instead.

No-thank-you-very-much.

I think someone underestimated the popularity of Doctor Who in the US.

You forgot to add that PBS played last years Christmas Special last week instead of looping back to a previous season - here's hoping for another new-to-us episode this weekend!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

inkycatz

Friends, this deals question was made just for us, it seems. Let's help!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I can only hope it's bigger on the inside!

(will post in deals too)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz

Mavyn wrote:(will post in deals too)

(yay thanks)

Maybe one of these?
I just found all these knitted things. BABY DALEK.

Mavyn

ahahahaha!

amjur

inkycatz wrote:(yay thanks)

Maybe one of these?
I just found all these knitted things. BABY DALEK.

Onerous Massive Family Gathering - just sent that to dh! I want a baby dalek outfit for my baby now. crap, I think i hafta learn how to knit.

Mavyn

Many daleks died to bring us this information...

inkycatz

dougall wrote:It was as if a million Whovians suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly confused

But mostly just confusion.

Did you all see this?
"This month AudioGO have scooped an exclusive coup! River Song herself - actress Alex Kingston - has recorded Doctor Who: The Angel’s Kiss by Melody Malone for release as a download in December, with a CD release following in March. Alex Kingston (Marchlands, ER, Moll Flanders), has become a fan favourite as mysterious River Song in the Doctor Who TV series, and we are thrilled to have her on board to tell Melody Malone's story."

Has anyone read the actual story yet? I should just pick it up, it's only $3.

Orcrist42

Mavyn wrote:Many daleks died to bring us this information...

I wrote a whole blog post about Disney and SW, but for some reason Tenant didn't cross my mind to mention.

Really though it could work. Is it bad that I see him as a villain? He just plays the crazy villain role so well.

Mavyn

inkycatz wrote:But mostly just confusion.

Did you all see this?
"This month AudioGO have scooped an exclusive coup! River Song herself - actress Alex Kingston - has recorded Doctor Who: The Angel’s Kiss by Melody Malone for release as a download in December, with a CD release following in March. Alex Kingston (Marchlands, ER, Moll Flanders), has become a fan favourite as mysterious River Song in the Doctor Who TV series, and we are thrilled to have her on board to tell Melody Malone's story."

Has anyone read the actual story yet? I should just pick it up, it's only $3.

I have the kindle version. Haven't read it yet.

Orcrist42

Mavyn wrote:I have the kindle version. Haven't read it yet.

I might get the audio version for my family, but I can't listen to audio books. I might have to look into this kindle version.

Also, in other news... my season 7.1 disk shipped. yay!

inkycatz

I'd love a review!

Mavyn

I looked to see if I can loan this one out. Don't see it as an option, but I've not done that myself, have used eBookFling for it.

Mavyn

Not a euphemism!. But funny.

AND!!!

It feels very...Pratchett-y. I'm ok with that.

inkycatz

Mavyn wrote:
It feels very...Pratchett-y. I'm ok with that.

Yes I rather liked it!

Orcrist42

inkycatz wrote:Yes I rather liked it!

I like the cast I see in that video still. (I try not to watch the trailers if I can).

It looks to be fun. I just saw last year's Christmas Special, it was pretty fun as well (and only a little weird).

Doctor Who 7.1 has arrived... now am I too tired to get sucked into a marathon viewing right now?

amjur

Yes! pulling out my kindle now to get this. Love you guys for letting me know. I've got to be the worst whovian for getting fan scoops. Except I come here and you all rock.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

AAAAArghhhhh!

Just returned home last night after a 6 hour round trip to bring version 2 home from college for the Thanksgiving break.

As being deprived struggling students, there is no BBC America at school so he was MORE than ready to settle in and catch up on the fall season...especially now that we get the BBC/A hi def channel.

We take to the couch, crank up the DVR menu and prepare to hit at least one if not two episodes before bed.

Then I realize - somehow, sometime there are now only 4 shows saved...not all 5. And what is missing? Dinosaurs...on a spaceship! True - not the crowning moment of the season but a great one for getting to know Rory's dad.

We check upcoming shows...almost every one BUT this one. So instead of catching up in order, he's gonna have a hole in the season.

Grumble, grumble, grouse, grouse.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

inkycatz

olcubmaster wrote:AAAAArghhhhh!

Just returned home last night after a 6 hour round trip to bring version 2 home from college for the Thanksgiving break.

As being deprived struggling students, there is no BBC America at school so he was MORE than ready to settle in and catch up on the fall season...especially now that we get the BBC/A hi def channel.

We take to the couch, crank up the DVR menu and prepare to hit at least one if not two episodes before bed.

Then I realize - somehow, sometime there are now only 4 shows saved...not all 5. And what is missing? Dinosaurs...on a spaceship! True - not the crowning moment of the season but a great one for getting to know Rory's dad.

We check upcoming shows...almost every one BUT this one. So instead of catching up in order, he's gonna have a hole in the season.

Were I more awake/talented I would try to photoshop a Doctor Who scarf on to Vader. But we can imagine it is there.

inkycatz

CYBER MONDAY.

What's your favorite Cyberman episode?

Mavyn

Torchwood CyberWoman!

amjur

olcubmaster wrote:AAAAArghhhhh!

hey checking in to the thread late here - we were out of town for thanksgiving and I went computer free (mostly)> But I have this saved (the dinosaur episode) on my cable box I'm pretty sure. Anyone know a way to copy those shows and send them? If there's a way, I would gladly send you my copy.

Orcrist42

Enjoy. Time to start a new week, but at least it's one of the best months out of the year.

inkycatz

Hahahahah!

This is cool:

Mavyn

KT, just watching some of the season 5 shows on Amazon Prime, and episode 5 has captions. Not sure I can turn them off, but they are there. Haven't noticed them on other episodes.

Edit: looks like most of Season 5 has them.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:KT, just watching some of the season 5 shows on Amazon Prime, and episode 5 has captions. Not sure I can turn them off, but they are there. Haven't noticed them on other episodes.

Edit: looks like most of Season 5 has them.

Oh very nice!!!!! Thank you for that! Orcrist - did you see! did you see?

I just checked!!!! Ornaments Make Festive Garland ITS TRUE!!!!!! I own Season 5 on DVD (won it last Christmas on GeekMom), but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:Oh very nice!!!!! Thank you for that! Orcrist - did you see! did you see?

I just checked!!!! Ornaments Make Festive Garland ITS TRUE!!!!!! I own Season 5 on DVD (won it last Christmas on GeekMom), but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems weird, but it doesn't look like it's available for some of the other seasons, though. Just noticed it on these.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Seems weird, but it doesn't look like it's available for some of the other seasons, though. Just noticed it on these.

It looks like they are just starting to do it and if you search for captions (you don't see Doctor Who at all), but you get a smattering of late seasons for various shows. I double checked Star Trek TNG because we've been watching that on and off with the versions and it does not have captions yet. It is a matter of uploading the information, depending on the tech, sometimes that can be a time consuming process.

Still a start is the right direction and I am going to celebrate that they are finally making an effort, in the hopes that they stick with this positive direction and more changes occur soon.

On another note. We did buy all of the David Tennant Seasons on DVD, so all I need online are Season 1, Season 5 and the Christmas Special for Season 6. We have the rest on disk (although one disk was bad in the collection, but I think Orc was dealing with that.

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:

On another note. We did buy all of the David Tennant Seasons on DVD, so all I need online are Season 1, Season 5 and the Christmas Special for Season 6. We have the rest on disk (although one disk was bad in the collection, but I think Orc was dealing with that.

Season One looks captioned--I checked a handfull and they all had the icon. Five is, but not 6.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Season One looks captioned--I checked a handfull and they all had the icon. Five is, but not 6.

Good to know, now that we are in the middle of the Doctor-Donna year

olcubmaster

Most of my whoviewing is done off set top box DVR so I can't add to the list but thanks for reminding us al of the need for CC in programing. I do seasonal work for a professional sports franchise and for years we've provided in stadium play by play CC via two large display boards.

Now back to the Doctor...I'm going through the recorded episodes and can't beleive how many I thought I had seen that I actually only saw part of or missed entirely.

Last night I thought I'd rewatch The Girl Who Waited only to find I'd never made it past the first ten minutes. Wow - late to the party but sure glad I came!

BTW - I did not ignore the kind offer from amjur. I responded privately away from the eyes of version 2.

Christmas countdown - allons-y!

Orcrist42

This is available for sale. You're welcome. It is Friday after all.

I have the exploding Tardis and don't need it for any reason, but if you have a geekgirl or whomever on your Christmas list or shop for yourself since everyone sends cash... There you go.

olcubmaster

Verson 2 must have taken a one minute break from cramming for finals (I wish) to send me this...

and logically, also this...

The Eleventh Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver (Doctor Who: The Adventure Games cocktail)

Ingredients:
1 shot vodka
1 shot blue curacao
1 splash Rose Blue Raspberry Mix
Fill glass with orange juice (to color)

Directions: Add first three ingredients into a highball glass with ice. Fill the rest of the glass with orange juice. Say “Geronimo” and drink up!

or for those of you into David 10ant...

http://www.thenerdista.com/2011/06/the-doctor-who-tribute-cocktail-sonic-screwdriver-10/

Somehow I think he's looking forward to turning 21 next summer.

olcubmaster

Will no one point to the obvious? Right. So it's up to me to be the dolt to do so.

Today's shirt.woot: