4%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

fruithead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fruithead

really? no comments reviews or whatnot? i really want to hear about this product.

acorona4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages acorona4ever

got one last time offered. i love it!!! good padding and high quality stitching. made to last. once you figure out the straps it's easy to use.

strapping the child in is a bit hard but all in all my kid loves it and stays peaceful the entire time in this thing.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
fruithead wrote:really? no comments reviews or whatnot? i really want to hear about this product.

THESE THINGS TAKE TIME!

Here it is over at amazon for 169 dollars. 1 Lone 5 star review.

Video demo from the kiddy adventure pack website

[THUNDERTHIGHS: Just a note that the above video is from October 2011. We're selling the 2012 model so there may be some differences, improvements, etc.]

[COWBOYDANN: Sigh I'm really slipping tonight Time to do some digging]

Edit: Here is the 04-2012 Manual! (Edit to kill link)

[THUNDERTHIGHS: That's the carseat]

[COWBOYDANN: I might As well Just Kill myself at this point!]

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02

Used a very similar model while hiking in the Garden of the Gods awhile back and it worked great. Once you get the fit right, it provides plenty of support and is really comfortable. The stand is handy for loading up or unloading a kid by yourself if there isn't an extra pair of hands around. I'm not in the best shape but I hauled my nephew around in this all day long up and down trails.

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

juxcallmebob

quality posts: 3 Private Messages juxcallmebob

My brother loves to hike and bought this same one to take his 2 yr old daughter with him on the trails. He seems to love it a lot. It's comfortable on his back and for my niece as well. The shade overhang thingy is really convenient too.

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

It will be a cold day in hell before I go tromping around with my toddler in the woods or across country on my back. Maybe a good idea for weight loss?? Hmm... Or back surgery??

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

lstoy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lstoy

I can't comment on the quality of the product. I have worn out 3 backpacks with 2 of my kids. Skip the hiking, think of everything you can do around the house with the child safely on your back and your two hands are free. Think about your child on your back in a store-away from all those pretty things on the shelves. Yes, backpacks are good for outdoor events, but they're invaluable in your ordinary life.

dbhyslop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dbhyslop

I didn't understand this product at first. I thought it was a hiking pack to let my 40" 3-year-old carry up to 50 pounds.

For the record I do have a child carrier pack, it just doesn't look much like this -- we got the cheapest thing we could find at REI. I carried aforementioned child up Mt. Washington in it around his second birthday. This pack looks much better because it has more wind/rain protection. Something that would have come in handy that day.

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

How does this fit on fat people?

CT Updating, please wait....

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy
hogfatt wrote:How does this fit on fat people?

I think it will depend on how you are shaped, not so much your weight. My husband is 5'11 270 size 42 pants and pretty much all stomach and 52 inch shoulders, and he was able to wear one that is very similar to this one (the straps look the same to me) comfortably. The waist strap was long enough under his stomach and the shoulder straps adjusted to fit his chest.

However, on me it did not work so well. I was 5'8, 225 all hips and butt and the frame pushed against my butt making it raise up and the shoulder straps not fit right. I tried everything and it just didn't work. I ended up using a Mai Tai soft back carrier and it worked great. These things are, I believe, designed for men.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Hey woot, When I scroll down to the kids.woot community, it says discuss this wootcast next to the kidfoot video. It's a broken link that takes me to the forum.

I have to scroll all the way to the bottom where it says blog and click that button. Just lettin' ya know

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

I've got tall kids. They wouldn't fit in this now, and probably wouldn't have much past 18 months of age or so.

sporadic

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sporadic

The link to the product manual does not work.

Personally, if my kid is 40" tall (and he is) then they are walking themselves!

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack

Oh, my kid rides in it. I was hoping it turned them into pack mules.

strohminator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strohminator

My cousins and I were discussing these packs, and the conclusion was that there's an incredibly narrow window when your kid will ride in it. Too young and they get bounced around and be miserable. Too old and they'll want to walk instead of ride.

I've heard of children that will sit in this and enjoy the ride, but I haven't met any.

amandahpanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amandahpanda

I have something similar and my daughter loves it! She currently hates her stroller, but will sit in this for hours. She's high up and can see everything. We used this during a visit to DC and it was perfect for all the walking that we had to do. This is a fantastic deal too!

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

What!? So the photo guy couldn't find some random kid to put in the carrier to take a picture of?

mattymatty26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattymatty26
sgoman5674 wrote:What!? So the photo guy couldn't find some random kid to put in the carrier to take a picture of?

That's what I was thinking!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sporadic wrote:The link to the product manual does not work.

Personally, if my kid is 40" tall (and he is) then they are walking themselves!

Thanks! I've sent that in for fixing.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

hizzeraud

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hizzeraud

http://www.kiddyusa.com/kiddy-accessories/kiddy-adventure-pack.html

Here's their website with links to the instructions and sales pamphlet.

I just wish I could find how big the waist strap gets. My husband has a 44" waist. He can wear our Ergo, but not a lot of the sporty stuff is made for XXXL people.

jjackson12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjackson12

Am I the only one thinking Halloween costume....

Teach my kid to say "Who run Bartertown?"

waystevens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waystevens

My wife and I have a different brand of backpack similar to this and we love it. We've used it with all three of our kids and found it useful for any situation where you feel like you might want to use a stroller. None of our kids would stay in a stroller for more than 15 minutes and we would inevitably find ourselves holding a kid and pushing an empty stroller. The pack works well to store all your diaper bag supplies and the high-up view keeps the kid entertained and very happy. Add in the fact that you have both arms free and you get a must-have product for parents of very young children.

kdid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdid

I bought one the last time the deal was up. We have used it once, and like it but don't love it. We carried our 32lb 3 year old on a 4 mile round trip moderate hike. It was hard to get the fit right. Also when we were putting it on one of the handles came off, but it was just the stitching so I'm able to fix it. If I didn't know better I would probably LOVE it, but we have another backpack that is AWESOME it is a VAUDE which is about 3 times the price of this. I love that it has the sun canopy built in so all you have to do is unzip and pull it out. For the price it isn't a bad choice.

child765

quality posts: 4 Private Messages child765
fruithead wrote:really? no comments reviews or whatnot? i really want to hear about this product.

L-L-Love the carrier!!! Far superior than Kelty. Have had a couple Kelty carrier and got this last time Woot had it and I'm SO glad we did. Even my husband who despises all carriers will wear this carrier and wear it for a long time. High quality, well made and thought out carrier. Crazy deal at this price.

fuhrmanfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuhrmanfamily

What are the mouth protectors for?

baslanian

quality posts: 4 Private Messages baslanian
fuhrmanfamily wrote:What are the mouth protectors for?

To catch drool

krdunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdunn

I'm 6'2" need a tall frame pack. Will this got to 21" torso?

acorona4ever

quality posts: 7 Private Messages acorona4ever
baslanian wrote:To catch drool

DROOOOOOOOL!