anoted

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anoted

Every toaster claims to have extra wide slots. I know, you're special. But few of them say how wide, and I've seen nothing about any toaster with slots bigger then 1 1/2 inches wide.

Do these toasters exist? Do you know of any? Because frankly, the extra wide one and a half inch slots don't work with nice large pieces of bread or fat bagels. So, if such a toaster exists and is not super expensive, I might take it for a spin.

Yes, I'm seriously asking you to go read the boxes your toasters came in and/or take a ruler to them.

Please fellow home.wooter, help improve my home. Or at least my toast.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This is the perfect thing to post on Ask the Community over on Deals.Woot. They love a good challenge like that.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

anoted

ThunderThighs wrote:This is the perfect thing to post on Ask the Community over on Deals.Woot. They love a good challenge like that.

But can they measure....up? That was bad. Will cross post over there. I do have faith in my home wooters though. They do love their homes.

Of course I'm assuming their homes come with perfectly toasted crumpets.

I probably should have started with the wine wooters.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

anoted wrote:But can they measure....up? That was bad. Will cross post over there. I do have faith in my home wooters though. They do love their homes.

Of course I'm assuming their homes come with perfectly toasted crumpets.

I probably should have started with the wine wooters.

lol, yeah, but you are on ebw, which is sort of no mans land. On every woot.

OK, I'll go measure now.

2 inches You couldn't put something 2 inches thick in it. There is a wire mesh inside, I guess to hold thinner pieces in place. They look like they would accept 1 3/4 inch.

It isn't a new toaster.

btw, if you use it, shake out the crumbs before you put it away.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

anoted

dontwantaname wrote:lol, yeah, but you are on ebw, which is sort of no mans land. On every woot.

OK, I'll go measure now.

2 inches You couldn't put something 2 inches thick in it. There is a wire mesh inside, I guess to hold thinner pieces in place. They look like they would accept 1 3/4 inch.

It isn't a new toaster.

only you can prevent kitchen fires! yeah I know, but oddly enough ask a question on deals is not working. When it gets to the submit button I'm dead in the water. I've tried multiple browsers too. Deals has been super shaky since the new site, which is why I didn't venture there first, and now that I did, no dice. I'd report it (yeah I know, report), but I'm still waiting for support to get back to me from an order from like three weeks ago, so, I'm sorta prioritizing things 'round woot

Update:
OK, I can ask on deals, if I post the question, then edit it to add the body, then edit it to add the tags. All in separate steps or it's a no-go. And the tags are not accepting multiple words as single-words for the moment. Buggy. Just plain buggy.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:lol, yeah, but you are on ebw, which is sort of no mans land. On every woot.

OK, I'll go measure now.

It isn't a new toaster.

I supposedly have extra wide slots, but if I put in big hamburger buns, I have to smoosh them a little.

I don't put my toaster away usually, it sits in front of its garage but we use it frequently, but why do you shake the crumbs out? I might every six months.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

anoted

pooflady wrote:I supposedly have extra wide slots, but if I put in big hamburger buns, I have to smoosh them a little.

I don't put my toaster away usually, it sits in front of its garage but we use it frequently, but why do you shake the crumbs out? I might every six months.

the crumbs can burn at the bottom, or other stuff that's gross. most of the newer models have crumb trays that are easy to remove and clean. but crumbs can get stuck in the sides (specially if you stick in something fat and squish it) and if one touches a coil, it can burn, and if you have toast in there, your toast can catch on fire.

basically--avoid kitchen fires and unnecessarily burnt toast (though it isn't frequent) and generally cleanliness