2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

Darn, I saw this and thought it was another Mystery Science Theater 3K set. Aren't we due for another one of those about now?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Previous woot.

And even more previously

CowboyDann wrote:Four dvds have 115 minutes of material and 1 has 150.

That's over 10 hours of Sid the Science Kid for your little one.

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

our kids love these videos and bonus music. and besides, who isn't
Looking for their friends? Looking for you!

CowboyDann

Here is a legally obtained episode posted by PBS on Youtube. Preview the show with your kids in the morning, and see how they like it. (or watch it by yourself and make sure you can tolerate watching hours of this show with your kid.)

tsfisch

quality posts: 37 Private Messages tsfisch

Our kids love this show, and it seems to be pretty educational and high-quality.

zinfandelina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zinfandelina

Normally I carefully consider and ponder purchases but I'm in for a set of Bundle #1 so fast! We got Bundle #2 last time these popped up and my 3 year old daughter LOVES them. She amazes everyone when she asks them if they know what things like "elasticity" and "decay" are and then explains them. We got her a little magnifying glass and a journal so she can make her own observations of her little world and draws what she sees. These DVDs really encouraged her to be curious and analytic (as a 3 year old can be anyway...) about the world around her and the why and how if works.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

My kid loves Sid the Science Kid!!

bargainmama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bargainmama

Does anybody know if closed captioning is available on these? I always use CC when I show videos in my classroom just for a little extra reinforcement with reading.

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

This is Bill Nye the Science Guy for preschool-Kindergarteners. Great tool! and a good buy!

MissouriMomma

CowboyDann

bargainmama wrote:Does anybody know if closed captioning is available on these? I always use CC when I show videos in my classroom just for a little extra reinforcement with reading.

I wrote an email to customer service over at pbs. I checked a few websites and none of them could tell me. If nobody else is able to find out and I don't get an email, I'll start up a chat with customer service and find out for you guys.
It looks like these run 7-13 dollars EACH from PBS Kids so this is definitely a Prety good deal.

Ecrater wants 50 dollars for this bundle

gemthing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gemthing

I'm definitely getting these for my son because Sid the Science Kid is no longer available on Netflix Watch Instantly. He loved watching it, but one day it was just gone.

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields

I've debated getting these every time we offer them. I finally ordered Bundle #1 today. My 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year olds are getting more curious by the day. My son loves spouting off random facts about things {Mommy, did you know that raisins are grapes? Mommy, did you know that I'm an omnivore because I eat meat AND plants?) that he's picked up. I think these will enable him to learn more facts. Maybe he'll grow up to be awesome at trivial pursuit or something...

baslyons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baslyons
CowboyDann wrote:I wrote an email to customer service over at pbs. I checked a few websites and none of them could tell me. If nobody else is able to find out and I don't get an email, I'll start up a chat with customer service and find out for you guys.
It looks like these run 7-13 dollars EACH from PBS Kids so this is definitely a Prety good deal.

Ecrater wants 50 dollars for this bundle

No, I know none of our dvds have that option. You would think they would, considering closed captioning is available when the show comes on PBS.

Too bad these dvds can't be mixed and matched. We already have several from each bundle.

jimmyd103

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimmyd103

My 2 1/2" year old daughter just loves these DVDs. We picked up bundle #2 last time around and she hasn't become bored with them yet. She especially loves the Sid in Motion episode. She now routinely uses the words friction, precipitation, water vapor, decay, and inertia in conversation. I just about fell off my chair the first time she dropped on of these. I would say that I am overly happy with bundle #2 so much so that I picked up bundle #1 today.
One other thing is that for some reason the songs and dialogue is not getting on my nerves like some of the other videos I've had to endure. Just saying....

mochajavaman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mochajavaman

In for both. We'll never be Sid-less again!!

morganwicker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morganwicker

This is an adorable show, and just in time for summer car trips. Even though my older kids (6 and 8) are beyond the intended age range for this show, they will still watch it. And the 3-year-old girl loves it.

elliemae54

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elliemae54

Bought bundle #2 last time. My 5 year old LOVES it! He was talking about fruit decaying just the other night. I love letting him watch TV and knowing that he's learning, not just vegging out.

ethibaul

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ethibaul

As much as I loath allowing my son to watch TV, (yes, I'm one of THOSE parents,) these shows are preferable to others out there.

They move beyond the feelings and platitudes espoused by the CTW (Sesame Street & Elmo gang,) for very young children and move into educational topics in a fun and light manner for older kids.

Sid and his buddies are of indeterminate ages between 4-7, and the show follows them at school as they learn new topics that can be demonstrated by the scientific approach and experiments. The kids are given a daily topic by the teacher and then the children share their ideas, before running to the lab or some other area to demonstrate how to prove or disprove the ideas they may have around the topic.

Much less annoying and offensive than other shows, and still leaves me happy that he's at least not in front of Spongebob or He-Man (or whatever crap cartoons they make for kids these days. /rant!)

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

Broke down and bought one of each bundle. My husband will kill me. Oh well.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

CowboyDann

baslyons wrote:No, I know none of our dvds have that option. You would think they would, considering closed captioning is available when the show comes on PBS.

Too bad these dvds can't be mixed and matched. We already have several from each bundle.

Thanks a Bindle, you save me a phone call!

antonimt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages antonimt

My 4 yr old daughter LOVES these! Bought bundle one last time, in for bundle two this time, and snapping some up for gifts. Price is half what you would see on Amazon....

rgesner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rgesner

Netflix has Change Happens, Feeling Good and Bug Club, but unfortunately DVDs only, not in Instant Play

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

When my son was younger he always asked what Sid's hair was made of...

Trishlovesdolphins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Trishlovesdolphins

My 2.5 year old LOVES Sid. I can't say enough good things about it. I even enjoy it... as much as I can for a show my son wants to watch 12 times a day.

I survived the great battery woot off of 4/1/08

angelwowingz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelwowingz

Dam. Missed this. Sid is great. Excellent learning show and the kids even learn from it too. You sure there's none left for me?

macknd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macknd

We are in the military stationed overseas, and my wife just rented one of the Sid discs for my son (4) a couple of weeks ago. And he loved it, wanted me to burn it and put it on the Apple TV for him. When I saw this I had to get them for such a great price. I ordered on 1 Jun, shipped to an APO on 1 Jun and I picked up from my mailbox in Germany on 4 Jun. that is so amazingly fast. I can't believe it. Thanks WOOT!