2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

Wow, I didn't even know they still made this stuff. Crazy.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here's what I said in Deals.woot about two months ago:

I Nostalgia'd so damn hard. My parents never bought it for me but a couple of my friends had it and I wanted my own so badly. Thanks for this, I'm buying one just for me, and I'm not sharing it with no one.

-----------

I finally got it and it was everything I could have imagined and more. I almost want to get 3 for toys for tots. at 2.50 a container this price is unreal!

It's a lot of fun <3

ildoubleril

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ildoubleril

ebay has it for 6.99 just for one.

Double R

kd1357

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kd1357
CowboyDann wrote: Here's what I said in Deals.woot about two months ago:

I Nostalgia'd so damn hard. My parents never bought it for me but a couple of my friends had it and I wanted my own so badly. Thanks for this, I'm buying one just for me, and I'm not sharing it with no one.

-----------

I finally got it and it was everything I could have imagined and more. I almost want to get 3 for toys for tots. at 2.50 a container this price is unreal!

It's a lot of fun <3

I loved this stuff when I was a kid, yet my parents wouldn't buy it either. Something about it sticking to carpet, clothes, hair, etc. and not coming off was their reasoning.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

I want some right now.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

+1 to the nostalgiafest. I remember this stuff making my hands smell like...actually, that smell was indescribable. The stuff reeks. Fun, but smelly.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

I always wanted this as a kid. All I ever got was Play-Doh.

katsuyakaiba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katsuyakaiba

Well done Woot! Well done! This stuff is nothing short of awesome if it's like the kind that was around when I was a kid. It also made my hands smell like soap!

doughjoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doughjoy

Is it just me or do the Floam Dome tubs look like they're playing Hungry hungry hippo?

=)

wrightmenow

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wrightmenow

My kids shall not be whiners as adults!!!

I shall spoil them now with sticky, smelly foam balls that will never come out of my carpet!!! All the better to prove that they were not deprived!!!

And they'll sing my praises - Mom is great!! She gives us floamy gack!!!

In for 3 and off to scrounge up some chocolate cake...

mistamoose

quality posts: 31 Private Messages mistamoose

Is this stuff easy to clean up? If it's like Moon Sand, I'm running away.

publicart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages publicart

Wow, ditto what others are saying. I always wanted to try playing with this stuff as a kid, but couldn't. NOW IS THE TIME.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Wow, judging from how hard everyone is nostalgia'ing (not to mention this totally kick butt price) I got a good feeling this will be an early sell-out! The only way I see this lasting past noon is if woot has 5000 of them.. and even then it might make it to 3pm

bigedna

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bigedna

I have to tell you guys. When I see this stuff, the only thing I think about is matching nail polish.

http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/03/nail-venturous-floam.html

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

I never had this as a kid either. At 21 (almost 22!) this will go on my "I'm an adult who shops at kids.woot" list. In for 1!

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

OH MY GOD, FLOOOOAAAAM! I love you, Woot. I love you so much. As a child of the 90's this stuff makes me so indescribably happy (and nostalgic), and it is nearly impossible to find in stores anymore without it being years old and all dried up. You bring a happy tear to my eye tonight, Woot *sniffle*

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Anyone remembers the commercial?

Okay, I'm guilty. I used to love these things back when I was in high school. But they where ghetto floam. I was so fascinated how it feels so wet yet my hands don't get wet. Lol.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

mh6288

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mh6288

Fairly easy to clean up on hard surfaces, but be warned, if it gets in carpet you're done. Also, the smell on your hands from playing with this is distinct if nothing else, and could be described as somewhere between melting plastic and warm styrofoam

payoff the mercenaries, then show up late

tiptopus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiptopus

Is anything like moonsand? Thant was a mess...

Iam in for the 4 pk take them to the shore to place with.

;

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields

Alright. I'm in too... Loved this stuff as a kid, and now my kids get to play with it.

I know my daughter will love it!

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

Oh, I just remembered, make sure little ones and dogs DO NOT EAT THE FLOAM. You'll be in for a hell of a mess to clean up if they do.

Actually had to repaint a wall because of this... The dog ate some, then BOOM, massive grossness EVERYWHERE. Although that dog ate everything, an xbox, drywall, wood, metal, bunnies, etc. This was the only thing to ever "come out."

fruithead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fruithead

http://inventorspot.com/articles/possibly_most_hated_toy_ever_22370

ROFL!

there is no question that finding and posting this link should earn me my first quality post.

i think so, anyway.

^_^.

Jesterfx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesterfx

Woot, I will love you forever if you can get a silly putty deal like this!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Okay, what in the world is "floam"? And how much will my friends hate me if I give this to my pseudo-nieces and -nephews for their winter-holiday presents?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

angiej936

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiej936

Okay, fruit head. The last video is hilarious!!! Lmao!!! Best post award for sure. Hahahaha!

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

I used to love floam as a kid! Awesome!

Quality post? Me??

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

My daughter hated the smell and the feeling it left on her hands when she played with it. The smell did die down a bit but never went away. It ruined part of the carpet in her room when she tried to clean up after herself.

It's no where near as bad as moon sand.. that stuff took a vacuum cleaner with it when too much got on the floor.

Play Doh is the hands down winner in my daughters eyes and mine.

If you get it.. make sure the kids have on clothes that you don't care about and aren't on the carpet. Good luck!

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

Too bad my grandkids are way too young for this. It looks like tons of fun! Of course, it seems, based on all these posts, like their parents would love it if I got some for their kids.

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
wrightmenow wrote:My kids shall not be whiners as adults!!!

I shall spoil them now with sticky, smelly foam balls that will never come out of my carpet!!! All the better to prove that they were not deprived!!!

And they'll sing my praises - Mom is great!! She gives us floamy gack!!!

In for 3 and off to scrounge up some chocolate cake...

Thanks for my Bill Cosby reference for the day ;-\

daynasu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daynasu

Moms beware...this stuff it the bane of my existence. I have banned it from my home. My daughter LOVES it, and keeps a stash in the garage for outdoor play.

gnuman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gnuman

"14.6 cubic inches (240 CC’s)"

So, for those of us using American measurements, a "cup" of each flavor.

mechaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mechaboy

Just a slight word of caution to people concerned about messes and possible styrofoam consumption.

Unless they've really improved the floam formula since I was a kid, when it starts to dry out (and it will eventually, even with the most meticulous care) the little styrofoam balls that make up half the floam will become unbound from their colorful prison.

Those things can be very hard to find and are easily eaten by curious/stupid kids/animals. It's still a fun toy by and large, just something to think about.

grasshopper2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grasshopper2
mh6288 wrote:Fairly easy to clean up on hard surfaces, but be warned, if it gets in carpet you're done. Also, the smell on your hands from playing with this is distinct if nothing else, and could be described as somewhere between melting plastic and warm styrofoam

So it doesn't smell like playdough? I love that smell, instant memories!

InvisiBill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages InvisiBill

If you're getting nostalgic over this, you're a whippersnapper who needs to get off my lawn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon_Toys#Floam

In 1994, Nickelodeon and Mattel first manufactured Floam, originally called "bubble-gak", a compound composed of "microbeads" in a foam-like substance. It came in different colors.

RoseArt sold Floam for a very brief time in 2002. It was sold once again from 2004-2010 but without Nickelodeon branding. As of 2012, Floam is now sold again with Nickelodeon branding, as well as Gak.

I remember some of the younger extended family members having it. It was pretty cool compared to the plain Silly Putty, Play-Doh, and various slimes we were limited to back in my day. The slime + beads gave it a very unique texture. This line from fruithead's first link is spot-on though.

Apparently consistency is a problem as well, with some containers being gooey and others being almost dry.

buyitjody

quality posts: 6 Private Messages buyitjody

I hate playdoh because of how it can ruin carpet, etc.

I bought another floam-like toy before and it didn't stain anything nor was it awful to clean up when dropped, but like playdoh, my kids just smooshed all the colors together and there is no way to really separate.

I guess I'll have to pass on this because of the comment about ruining clothes, etc. My kids just aren't that careful. Also, I know ours would become one big colorful blob very quickly. Sorry kiddos, not this one.

mdilella

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdilella
bigedna wrote:I have to tell you guys. When I see this stuff, the only thing I think about it matching nail polish.

http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/03/nail-venturous-floam.html

ME TOO! I love this nail polish, and I loved Floam from my childhood. I'm definitely in on this deal.

reverendsponge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reverendsponge

Please tell me that you guys will have some Gak tomorrow!

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight
grasshopper2 wrote:So it doesn't smell like playdough? I love that smell, instant memories!

http://www.amazon.com/Demeter-Play-doh-Cologne-Spray-spray/dp/B00154W1UW/

So does wearing this count as nostalgic hipsterism or creepy pedo trolling?

zkentvt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zkentvt

funniest woot post ever. (the one about the dog eating the floam)