pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
AZGman wrote:Didn't realize you'd started dating again!

She's no raving beauty!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! The huge church yard sale was a lot of fun. It was way too crowded with people and stuff for my comfort level. Moving around was a big pain but they had lots of fun stuff. They had food. I got a cabbage roll and a perogie. My spell check can't find pierogie and I'm sure that is wrong.

After the yard sale we made zucchini relish. Hubby and I tag team stuff and it works better. We had never made relish so it was an experiment. I think it worked out OK. I had some left over and tried it on hot dogs and it was good. I think the stuff in the jars may be too dry. I was supposed to pack the veggies in the jars and then go back and add liquid. Uh, no liquid left.

It is supposed to be hot again today and hubby is still asleep! We may walk instead of jog today. Both of us have sore knees after standing on concrete so long yesterday.

edit: knees seem to be a recurring problem on PWA. d'name, poof's hubby, ours. strange. must be our age group....

pooflady

Good morning. Getting my stitches out shortly. Thank heavens. Later.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

My day to be grumpy. Spent 2 hours trying to get Orc to bed, but since I reminded him for the 80th time of a promise he made he insisted on doing that before going to sleep, so he did a really salt water job of it and it would have been better if he had just said he screwed up and left me completely in the crap because that's where I am with the whole thing now anyway. Then I spent the four hours after that trying to get Ver2 to stay in bed. I have 30+ hours (plus trying to find someone to do what Orc bailed on, like now, because it needed to be done last week) to do in the next two days and I've got all three kids most of the time, and just Ver3 this morning, which means most of my morning will be running errands and not getting anything done. Oh and I managed about an hour and a half of sleep, so I'm tired and grumpy and if I wasn't so tired I'd probably kill people.

Oh an my knees hurt, but that's normal.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Son, virtual son, and I went across town to eat at a restaurant we hadn't been to in quite a while.

Someone threw something at our table. My brother, his kids & their spouses, and the great-nephew were sitting 5 feet from us.

And hello all.

Did you throw anything back?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is in the 90's and it is like the world is ending!

What do you guys do down south where it is over 100?

Of course, it went from 70 to 97 overnight this week. No buildup.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:It is in the 90's and it is like the world is ending!

Of course, it went from 70 to 97 overnight this week. No buildup.

I think the fact that it was 70 at 9 am is a bad omen.... I'm never going to survive the midwest this summer/next week

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:It is in the 90's and it is like the world is ending!

Sweat mostly....oh and do the same thing y'all do when it's 10 degrees, stay inside as much as possible.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Sweat mostly....oh and do the same thing y'all do when it's 10 degrees, stay inside as much as possible.

When it's 10 degrees I stoke the fire and make cocoa, I think I'll pass on that.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:When it's 10 degrees I stoke the fire and make cocoa, I think I'll pass on that.

crank up the a/c? iced coffee? espresso floats?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Sweat mostly....oh and do the same thing y'all do when it's 10 degrees, stay inside as much as possible.

Most is in the buildup.
I remember at work, my tour went indoors and outdoors. It had been really cold. Then it was warmer. Maybe high 30's.
I took the tour outside. There were some people from cold states and we were very comfortable! There were some people from FL and they were freezing!

90 and up is hot. It is 95 right now.
The bigger problem is it has been cool. in the 70's. This heat came out of the blue!

//I'm on the weather/traffic channel trying to get the temp. You would think it would be up on the bottom of the screen...nope. W the F? Why not???? How hard would it be? These guys told daughter her radio experience didn't translate to tv for a job. The people at CBS said that is crazy. Almost everyone can do both.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hubby cleared for hernia surgery. So I guess we will know tomorrow. If he shows up with a too fast or slow heartbeat, it will be canceled last minute.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:crank up the a/c? iced coffee? espresso floats?

Hummm, that reminds me....got to get dog food at the vets.
Should go and stop at starbucks and get a frap.
Too hot to bring Rusty.

//following is a report for no1 and gman

Who by the way, hasn't pooed yet today.
We are NOT going on a walk. Poo in the yard, or hold it.
Tomorrow I'll be at the hospital. I never left him before poo time before.

Maybe that is the problem. I had a fasting blood test today and was gone at poo time.

Dog needs to learn flexibility.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Just had an orange milkshake from McD's. Very good.

Good luck tomorrow with hubby. Or good luck to hubby. Or something.

no1

dontwantaname wrote://I'm on the weather/traffic channel trying to get the temp. You would think it would be up on the bottom of the screen...nope. W the F? Why not???? How hard would it be?

doesn't your ipad have a weather app on it?

dontwantaname wrote://These guys told daughter her radio experience didn't translate to tv for a job. The people at CBS said that is crazy. Almost everyone can do both.

mabe they meant they didn't think she used enough makeup and hair products.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Hubby cleared for hernia surgery. So I guess we will know tomorrow. If he shows up with a too fast or slow heartbeat, it will be canceled last minute.

good luck hubs.

no1

dontwantaname wrote://following is a report of no1 and gman

Who by the way, hasn't pooed yet today.

i hope you're talking about gman.

//checks underwear for hidden webcam

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Just had an orange milkshake from McD's. Very good.

Is it better than the Shamrock shake? I don't know why they felt all that whipped cream and a cherry was needed.

I'm just hanging out, really.

no1

inkycatz wrote:Is it better than the Shamrock shake? I don't know why they felt all that whipped cream and a cherry was needed.

every1 likes to pop a cherry now and then.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:every1 likes to pop a cherry now and then.

How many things can I smack you for on this page alone?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

dontwantaname wrote:How many things can I smack you for on this page alone?

Just one more apparently.

no1

no1 wrote:good luck hubs.

dontwantaname wrote:How many things can I smack you for on this page alone?

... you want me to take it back?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

inkycatz wrote:Is it better than the Shamrock shake? I don't know why they felt all that whipped cream and a cherry was needed.

Didn't have a shamrock shake. This was like a creamsicle. You're right, they could leave the whipped cream (or whatever it is) off. But it's better than Burger King's whipped cream (or whatever it is) because that stuff doesn't melt. But Burger King has the best chocolate shakes.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:afternoon, folks.

Hello.

inkycatz

pooflady wrote:Didn't have a shamrock shake. This was like a creamsicle. You're right, they could leave the whipped cream (or whatever it is) off. But it's better than Burger King's whipped cream (or whatever it is) because that stuff doesn't melt. But Burger King has the best chocolate shakes.

I'm thinking the best description of it is "whipped topping", because it really doesn't even taste like whipped cream. Thanks for the update though, it seems like all the "seasonal drinks" nowdays have all that extra foofy stuff that isn't so appealing.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Hello.

Hi, poof.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Hi, poof.

I have nothing to say. Debating dinner - meatball subs or tuna fish sandwiches.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I have nothing to say. Debating dinner - meatball subs or tuna fish sandwiches.

I vote tuna; too hot for meatballs.

inkycatz

AZGman wrote:I vote tuna; too hot for meatballs.

Agreed!

pooflady

I don't understand why the outside temperature has anything to do with what you're eating inside in the a/c.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:crank up the a/c? iced coffee? espresso floats?

AC isn't installed because it's been a high of 70 and their still a pile of boxes in front of the AC window. Need to finish painting the LEGO room to install the shelves because a large part of the pile is items destined for the new shelves.

Did take the kids to the park like area next to Orc's office, had sandwiches and picked up iced coffees for Orc and I. Today's coffee du jour was called a Turtle Mocha and was very sweet, but not bad, kept you from drinking it too fast.

Stupid knee swelled up when I got home, I think it hates heat, like the other one hates cold.

inkycatz

pooflady wrote:I don't understand why the outside temperature has anything to do with what you're eating inside in the a/c.

All I know is when it's hot out the last thing I want to do is heat up the kitchen as well.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I don't understand why the outside temperature has anything to do with what you're eating inside in the a/c.

Just makes me feel more lethargic.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

so, this was a thing that i dealt with in vegas. (not so much here.) for me, it was mental. although i guess there's some anthropological stuff about humans eating less during the hot months and whatnot.

mostly, it was just so miserably hot that i couldn't bear the idea of sitting down to, say, a steaming bowl of gravy.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

no1

it doesn't. i vote meatballs.

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:so, this was a thing that i dealt with in vegas. (not so much here.) for me, it was mental. although i guess there's some anthropological stuff about humans eating less during the hot months and whatnot.

mostly, it was just so miserably hot that i couldn't bear the idea of sitting down to, say, a steaming bowl of gravy.

I'm with you. Now that I live further North, out of the Great Basin Desert - the temperature at which I stop wanting hot meals is a lot lower too. Thankfully, my husband agrees with me.

I wanted to bake granola today for the trip, but the idea of having the oven on that long is not appealing.

edit: although as I stated earlier, we don't really have AC and when we do it's only in one room.

no1

KtCallista wrote:edit: although as I stated earlier, we don't really have AC and when we do it's only in one room.

Ocean Mussel Goodness YOUR FAMBLY HAS MOAR THAN ONE ROOM WE SHOULD BE SO LUCKY

KtCallista

no1 wrote:Ocean Mussel Goodness YOUR FAMBLY HAS MOAR THAN ONE ROOM WE SHOULD BE SO LUCKY

I know we are right spoiled. It's all fancy here, the previous owners added these walls so we have a couple more rooms.

*added walls are not guaranteed to touch either the floor or the ceiling, and definitely not both at the same time - unless fixed by current owners.