inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
KtCallista wrote:Inky, we need to book a hotel still and we are bringing an extra kid, but don't want to break the bank on this. Would it be best to ask deals or local for their recommendations? A local (here) friend suggested staying down where we were last year, by Seattle Center and taking the Monorail in for the con. Is that a bad idea? He also suggested busing in from the airport to get a less expensive hotel option.

A bad idea is staying out by the airport - yeah, it's cheapest, but you'll still lose 'time you'd rather be at the con'. I'd go with Deals (protip: best tags are "travel, hotel, seattle" ;) for this one.

Maybe if you wanted to put it in local and make a pointer thread from Deals that'd work too. Either way, don't stay by the airport. Heh.

I'm just hanging out, really.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
inkycatz wrote:A bad idea is staying out by the airport - yeah, it's cheapest, but you'll still lose 'time you'd rather be at the con'. I'd go with Deals (protip: best tags are "travel, hotel, seattle" ;) for this one.

Maybe if you wanted to put it in local and make a pointer thread from Deals that'd work too. Either way, don't stay by the airport. Heh.

Thanks for the tip! I've never stayed out there, it was just a suggestion from a herpetologist I know, who heads up there with his kids pretty regularly. I'm worried taking a fourth kid is like shooting ourselves in the foot, even though the youngest is in a playyard. It's hard to get a hotel to let you have 6 in a room, and family suites don't seem very common anymore.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:It's hard to get a hotel to let you have 6 in a room, and family suites don't seem very common anymore.

you could stay with gatzby, i'm sure he wouldn't mind.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Work 'puters down all day; didn't think the day would end.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:you could stay with gatzby, i'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I think my cousin (whose kid I am bringing with) might have issue with that, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him....

Hey Gatz, incoming!!!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Work 'puters down all day; didn't think the day would end.

What do you do when the computers are down?

AZGman

I know it's early, but my body's still creakin', so I'm gonna go lay it down.

See ya in a few for a little while.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
KtCallista wrote:I think my cousin (whose kid I am bringing with) might have issue with that, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him....

Hey Gatz, incoming!!!

Okay, but you don't key an access fob and you have to stay in the shower. Also, there's this problem:

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

AZGman

Gatzby wrote:Okay, but you don't key an access fob and you have to stay in the shower. Also, there's this problem:

Didn't realize you'd started dating again!

KtCallista

Gatzby wrote:Okay, but you don't key an access fob and you have to stay in the shower. Also, there's this problem:

That's quite a security system you have there!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Didn't realize you'd started dating again!

Nothing like a protective jealous girlfriend to make house guests feel unwelcome

Gatzby

AZGman wrote:Didn't realize you'd started dating again!

Sometimes ewe just have to milk life for all it's worth, or else it'll get your goat, kid.

Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.

Gatzby

KtCallista wrote:Inky, we need to book a hotel still and we are bringing an extra kid, but don't want to break the bank on this. Would it be best to ask deals or local for their recommendations? A local (here) friend suggested staying down where we were last year, by Seattle Center and taking the Monorail in for the con. Is that a bad idea? He also suggested busing in from the airport to get a less expensive hotel option.

It's also worth noting that the monorail kinda sucks, and doesn't really tie into the rest of Seattle's five or six transit agencies, but the light rail and bus system works pretty well. There's even a free ride area downtown. (For a few more months, at least.)

AZGman

Gatzby wrote:Sometimes ewe just have to milk life for all it's worth, or else it'll get your goat, kid.

Better than having to churn your own butter every night, I reckon.

no1

Gatzby wrote:It's also worth noting that the monorail kinda sucks, and doesn't really tie into the rest of Seattle's five or six transit agencies, but the light rail and bus system works pretty well. There's even a free ride area downtown. (For a few more months, at least.)

are they getting rid of the ride free zone?!?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
no1 wrote:are they getting rid of the ride free zone?!?

Yup.

I'm just hanging out, really.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

you can always get a free ride from me.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AZGman

Prolly just the rail; cuz everyone was getting mono.

AZGman

Time to bow out before I get bow-wowed.

Gatzby

Apparently they had never renegotiated the fee set up back in the 70s or something...

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:You're taking us with you, aren't you? You'll be helping with s-i-l?

The more the merrier!! SIL still in a lot of pain and swelling and on oxygen. Not bouncing back that way he did a couple of crises ago. I want to take care of him, but daughter wouldn't probably let me.

I am going to stay at Gatzy's - altho the goat could be a big problem.

KtCallista

Gatzby wrote:It's also worth noting that the monorail kinda sucks, and doesn't really tie into the rest of Seattle's five or six transit agencies, but the light rail and bus system works pretty well. There's even a free ride area downtown. (For a few more months, at least.)

Good to know! Thanks for your suggestion on deals, I'm sending all the info to Orc who is the official book the accommodations guy.

I'm supposed to be writing up "while you're maintaining this website without me" documents for my boss whose perl capabilities I surpassed about 2 weeks into the job - even though I tried to make the code easy to read/follow, it might not be any fun for the next guy.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:you can always get a free ride from me.

in the front or in the rear?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

How 'bout them insert name of baseball team here?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:How 'bout them insert name of baseball team here?

Happy Solstice?

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Happy Solstice?

Absolutely, and also to you.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1

pooflady wrote:How 'bout them insert name of baseball team here?

aww, wait til next year!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Absolutely, and also to you.

Any plans for your extra daylight?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Doctors still haven't decided to approve hubby for this stupid, day surgery.

Guess we won't know till friday if he can do it.

As for my knee... might be just arthritis or it might be something I spelled wrong when I wrote it down. Torn something. Wait 3 more weeks. Do a MRI and see if it needs surgery.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Doctors still haven't decided to approve hubby for this stupid, day surgery.

As for my knee... might be just arthritis or it might be something I spelled wrong when I wrote it down. Torn something. Wait 3 more weeks. Do a MRI and see if it needs surgery.

meniscus?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:meniscus?

Sounds good.
I'm too lazy to go look at what I wrote.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Doctors still haven't decided to approve hubby for this stupid, day surgery.

I'm sorry, I know not being able to plan or know is really really aggravating

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Son, virtual son, and I went across town to eat at a restaurant we hadn't been to in quite a while.

Someone threw something at our table. My brother, his kids & their spouses, and the great-nephew were sitting 5 feet from us.

And hello all.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Son, virtual son, and I went across town to eat at a restaurant we hadn't been to in quite a while.

Someone threw something at our table. My brother, his kids & their spouses, and the great-nephew were sitting 5 feet from us.

And hello all.

That sounds like fun.

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Son, virtual son, and I went across town to eat at a restaurant we hadn't been to in quite a while.

And hello all.

That's always fun! I hope dinner was good.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:That's always fun! I hope dinner was good.

Dinner was good but there was no way to squeeze us together so no mixing. I did go steal Rhett for a minute or two though.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I am, for those wondering, as of 12:06am EDT, still alive and, to my knowledge as healthy as an average 20 something American. I can not comment on my future health, but it is doubtful I will be on woot much until summer is over, and any lack of presence should not be construed as death. Thank you for your time.

Still single, can't imagine why.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FenStar wrote:I am, for those wondering, as of 12:06am EDT, still alive and, to my knowledge as healthy as an average 20 something American. I can not comment on my future health, but it is doubtful I will be on woot much until summer is over, and any lack of presence should not be construed as death. Thank you for your time.

And hurry back.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

FenStar wrote:I am, for those wondering, as of 12:06am EDT, still alive and, to my knowledge as healthy as an average 20 something American. I can not comment on my future health, but it is doubtful I will be on woot much until summer is over, and any lack of presence should not be construed as death. Thank you for your time.

Happy to hear of your continued existence. Come back when you can. And thanks for letting us know.

KtCallista

I think this might be an impostor, the post is most un-Fen-like (except in that he's not likely to reply).

What Daj said!