no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:The top seven threads belong to me!

oh.

well, then.

uh... carry on!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:oh.

well, then.

uh... carry on!

Busted.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

office/junk room -> LEGO/trains room is ready for paint! Paint happening as soon as dinner is over, maybe after kids are in bed.

The room is a nightmare though. The carpet is screwed, nailed, and occasionally stapled (with non-galvanized - rusty staples). The walls need to be redone in areas, but we aren't going to do that right now - it's just too big of a job for our time table. So paint, assemble shelves, and start moving stuff in. Then we can clear out the crap in the living room, I hope!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy all.

Babysat my great-nephew for a couple hours this afternoon. I got there while he was napping. He was a bit miffed to wake up to a stranger but we worked through it with lots of hugs and humming. He was laying on my chest and would look up every now and then to see if it I had changed. LOL.

We were having fun by the time mom got home.

I've got the kitchen cleaned (except the floor) and the half bath. It's a start.

Son and I are going to finish cleaning the downstairs in the wee hours of the morning. IT WILL GET DONE!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy all.

Babysat my great-nephew for a couple hours this afternoon. I got there while he was napping. He was a bit miffed to wake up to a stranger but we worked through it with lots of hugs and humming. He was laying on my chest and would look up every now and then to see if it I had changed. LOL.

I've got the kitchen cleaned (except the floor) and the half bath. It's a start.

Son and I are going to finish cleaning the downstairs in the wee hours of the morning. IT WILL GET DONE!

You sound like it hasn't been cleaned in months.

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy all.

I was asking Orc last night if we would ever have all the rooms of the house put together at the same time. Jealous of your awesomeness!

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:You sound like it hasn't been cleaned in months.

With everything that's gone on, it's been 2+ weeks.

KtCallista wrote:I was asking Orc last night if we would ever have all the rooms of the house put together at the same time. Jealous of your awesomeness!

Ah, but it's only son and me. And he's beyond the toy stage (for the most part).

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Ah, but it's only son and me. And he's beyond the toy stage (for the most part).

2 1/2 weeks is like yesterday.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:2 1/2 weeks is like yesterday.

That's what I was thinking.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's what I was thinking.

If it doesn't smell and there are no bugs, it can wait.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:If it doesn't smell and there are no bugs, it can wait.

If you have hardwood or tile floors, though, the dust bunnies keep growing.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:If you have hardwood or tile floors, though, the dust bunnies keep growing.

They are easy. Just vacuum

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Off to sleep.

btw, the world might end tonight.
mr1 may have given me a piece of real information about himself.

Unless he didn't.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Off to sleep.

btw, the world might end tonight.
mr1 may have given me a piece of real information about himself.

Unless he didn't.

I'm betting on "he didn't."

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry, got stuck on a phone call.

It gets really dusty in that time though. I have carpet. I would like to get hardwood floors but that won't happen for quite a while.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry, got stuck on a phone call.

It gets really dusty in that time though. I have carpet. I would like to get hardwood floors but that won't happen for quite a while.

I'm in the minority, I don't like hardwood. I've covered most of mine up.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I'm in the minority, I don't like hardwood. I've covered most of mine up.

I'd like to get some downstairs. There's hardwood in the kitchen but it's in horrible shape. I don't know what the previous owners did to it. This carpet is also in poor condition and really needs to be replaced.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Nite Poof.

The downstairs is cleaned, dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. Just need to do my bedroom & bathroom and I'm done for another few weeks.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

The LEGO room is now painted sky blue, walls and ceiling. Tomorrow we touch up the trim on the windows - and paint the one that has never been painted ever.... Probably going to repaint the door as well. Then I get to start temporary decoupaging posters to the wall - or that might wait. At least I'll build the new shelves I bought and put the stuff that goes on it away. Get the kids things somewhere in there, may get it done before too long.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:The LEGO room is now painted sky blue, walls and ceiling. Tomorrow we touch up the trim on the windows - and paint the one that has never been painted ever.... Probably going to repaint the door as well. Then I get to start temporary decoupaging posters to the wall - or that might wait. At least I'll build the new shelves I bought and put the stuff that goes on it away. Get the kids things somewhere in there, may get it done before too long.

Congrats! Bet that feels good.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Congrats! Bet that feels good.

Yup! Painting went really fast. Getting the trim done and it'll almost feel like a new room (it has too many cosmetic structural issues to be a true new room - maybe when we get the spray foam off the window and extend the outside wall to take the window between the room and the kitchen out.... then maybe it'll be closer, but that's a project for another day). Why they didn't just put the wall the 4" to the end of the window, I don't know. Probably the same reason I couldn't tell if I was dripping paint or leaving roller marks (they didn't take care of those either).

*they being the previous owner who wasn't as skilled at building as my dad made me.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all.

FORUM MODERATOR

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

mornin' y'all

Josephus

KtCallista wrote:

*they being the previous owner who wasn't as skilled at building as my dad made me.

*also all previous owners, who live in a cloud of 'let's do inexplicable things to the house'

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! We are back from the beach. My back doesn't hurt! It is very strange, it began hurting when Hubby made an offer on a huge bunch of new commercial warehouses. As soon as the bank turned down his offer, my back stopped hurting! lol

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Good morning everybody.

//goes to read back//

pooflady

Good morning. A new Family Dollar just opened about a block away. Might go. Such excitement!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning. A new Family Dollar just opened about a block away. Might go. Such excitement!

$ stores here are a dollar and up. Not near my mom. That one is great.

My stepniece posted a picture of her 4 year old graduating from nursery school.
Cap and gown.
Sorry, that is nuts!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:$ stores here are a dollar and up. Not near my mom. That one is great.

My stepniece posted a picture of her 4 year old graduating from nursery school.
Cap and gown.
Sorry, that is nuts!

I think The Dollar Tree is the only one that everything is a dollar.

no1

pooflady wrote:I think The Dollar Tree is the only one that everything is a dollar.

closest thing i could find, but $0.0001 off from the dollar price point: "99 Cents Only Stores (NYSE: NDN) is a price-point retailer chain based in Commerce, California. The store offers products at $0.9999 or less. Founded by David Gold in 1982, most of the stores are located in Southern California, with others in Nevada, Arizona and Texas. "

Josephus

I think we have stores around here called "Everything's a Dollar".
my guess is that everything's a dollar.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pm mr one

off to mom day

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:*also all previous owners, who live in a cloud of 'let's do inexplicable things to the house'

Well there is that, but it'd be nicer if the bizarre things they decided to do were at least done well.

Woke up with a headache, not sure if it's from the paint (got the low fume stuff, but it still smells a bit) or from sleeping like crud. I also did something I don't recall to my elbow, which is not happy with anything I do this morning.

We have a dollar tree and everything is a dollar unless it's clearance (then it's $.50).

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
KtCallista wrote:The LEGO room is now painted sky blue, walls and ceiling. Tomorrow we touch up the trim on the windows - and paint the one that has never been painted ever.... Probably going to repaint the door as well. Then I get to start temporary decoupaging posters to the wall - or that might wait. At least I'll build the new shelves I bought and put the stuff that goes on it away. Get the kids things somewhere in there, may get it done before too long.

Hmmm...have you looked at using liquid laundry starch as a temporary decoupage adhesive? It will hold ANYTHING, and best of all when you take it off- just wipe the surface with a damp sponge. In my rental days I used to put printed bedsheets up instead of wallpaper, so I could avoid any damage.

no1

Josephus wrote:I think we have stores around here called "Everything's a Dollar".
my guess is that everything's a dollar.

i wonder if there's an "every1's a whore" store.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:i wonder if there's an "every1's a whore" store.

"everything's ON FIRE."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista

Jessara wrote:Hmmm...have you looked at using liquid laundry starch as a temporary decoupage adhesive? It will hold ANYTHING, and best of all when you take it off- just wipe the surface with a damp sponge. In my rental days I used to put printed bedsheets up instead of wallpaper, so I could avoid any damage.

LOL that's what I was going to do. A military wife told me about it. my mom was worried because the previous owners didn't really texture the walls that removing the decoupage would cause damage to the walls by the sheetrock getting wet. So we might just use poster putty. Not my favorite option, but I have about a half a can of paint leftover so the worst case there is repainting the walls when I take the posters down to do murals.