pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:A lady on Jeopardy is from Moscow, Idaho.

My friend on FB said she was one of her elementary school teachers.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

KtCallista

Went out of town for the weekend, stayed with a friend and had more fun than I thought we would. Even got birthday pics done for Ver2 (even though her birthday was in May). Back to working on the soon to be LEGO and blocks room. More shredding done. Lots of recycling taken out (recycling center is within walking distance, but too much to take by hand, took a van full and will have more for curb pickup tomorrow.) Got the paint while the sale was still on. Found some damage to a wall, can't remember when it happened, better go find my bucket of joint compound.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! It is 59*. The windows are open. This is wonderful. After a cup of coffee, we will try our jog/walk. I have been struggling the last week or so. My back is acting up. I'm not sure what caused it to start hurting. It might have been sitting on the bleachers at graduation.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.
I'm going to have to borrow a sewer machine from work, the main to the city is clogged, can't wash, can't flush...good times.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Good morning. Hot and humid. Again.

pooflady

Home Depot's Buy of the Day is a 9 foot Christmas tree.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Home Depot's Buy of the Day is a 9 foot Christmas tree.

Home depot has a buy of the day?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Home depot has a buy of the day?

Yes. I have it bookmarked. Mostly tools, but every once in a while....

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yes. I have it bookmarked. Mostly tools, but every once in a while....

I can't even find the google page with the picture in the google. I go to google.com and just see a regular google.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I found a new place to walk Rusty. A bird preserve made in a sump (water recovery basin).
Paths and benches and even bbq's and tables.
Posted it on the dog park facebook page.

Someone there knew the director of the preserve and asked him. He said no dogs.
Now, I bet, he will tell the volunteers at the door that there are no dogs allowed.

Stupid LI. Can't bring a dog anywhere.
No parks. No beaches. No trails.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Sigh.

Stupid overdue report is making life miserable. Sit and stare at it for hours on end last week, with no measurable progress made. So then I ignore it all weekend, and instead am miserably guilty that I'm not sitting at the computer miserably frustrated. Ran out of billable hours to technically work on it at work weeks ago. And now I'm out of "goodwill" hours with the wife to work on it at home during the evenings. So, how do I get this thing finished? Probably a good 60-80 hours of serious work needed to finish it, and it's due last Friday. Absolutely due in the next day or so. Absolutely absolutely due (or the govt. gets involved) by next week.

Oh, how I just want to throw my arms in the air and tell the boss "screw it, I give up" and march out of here for an impromptu vacation, except that I'm still waiting on the offer for the new job (had second in-person interview last week -- at least I thought it went well) and I'd rather leave this one on good terms, just in case.

But between the report from hell that I just can't seem to get written, and the censure from my boss for making the mistake of mentioning in a traceable email that I had been encouraged to "bend the rules" in regard to [redacted], I've just about had it!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Turken wrote:the censure from my boss for making the mistake of mentioning in a traceable email that I had been encouraged to "bend the rules" in regard to [redacted], I've just about had it!

Wait, you got in trouble for documenting that you were encouraged to bend the rules?

That's messed up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Turken

inkycatz wrote:Wait, you got in trouble for documenting that you were encouraged to bend the rules?

That's messed up.

well, I wasn't trying to document the issue, and it wasn't so much a "getting in trouble" as it was a sternly written reminder to follow a certain company policy, but delivered with with a wink and a nod and a verbal reminder to "watch what I write" in the future. So, I'm not really in trouble (for the most part), but not feeling real easy about the situation either.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Turken wrote:well, I wasn't trying to document the issue, and it wasn't so much a "getting in trouble" as it was a sternly written reminder to follow a certain company policy, but delivered with with a wink and a nod and a verbal reminder to "watch what I write" in the future. So, I'm not really in trouble (for the most part), but not feeling real easy about the situation either.

I'm just going to hope you get that new job soon.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:Sigh.

Stupid overdue report is making life miserable. Sit and stare at it for hours on end last week, with no measurable progress made. So then I ignore it all weekend, and instead am miserably guilty that I'm not sitting at the computer miserably frustrated. Ran out of billable hours to technically work on it at work weeks ago. And now I'm out of "goodwill" hours with the wife to work on it at home during the evenings. So, how do I get this thing finished? Probably a good 60-80 hours of serious work needed to finish it, and it's due last Friday. Absolutely due in the next day or so. Absolutely absolutely due (or the govt. gets involved) by next week.

Oh, how I just want to throw my arms in the air and tell the boss "screw it, I give up" and march out of here for an impromptu vacation, except that I'm still waiting on the offer for the new job (had second in-person interview last week -- at least I thought it went well) and I'd rather leave this one on good terms, just in case.

But between the report from hell that I just can't seem to get written, and the censure from my boss for making the mistake of mentioning in a traceable email that I had been encouraged to "bend the rules" in regard to [redacted], I've just about had it!

Pretend it is a paper for school.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

inkycatz wrote:I'm just going to hope you get that new job soon.

Me too! Between the report-from-hell, shifting job responsibilities (and research focus), and this latest incident, I've pretty much become entirely disillusioned with my job. Can't wait for some positive change!

Turken

dontwantaname wrote:Pretend it is a paper for school.

I have. Problem is, the scope of this report falls somewhere between a master's thesis and a doctoral dissertation (minus the oral defense). It's just too friggin huge -- summarizing five years' worth of work into a single coherent document that reports on everything we did with sufficient (but not too much) detail.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:I have. Problem is, the scope of this report falls somewhere between a master's thesis and a doctoral dissertation (minus the oral defense). It's just too friggin huge -- summarizing five years' worth of work into a single coherent document that reports on everything we did with sufficient (but not too much) detail.

You thought you were done with all that stuff.

Good luck.
Hope the muse hits.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

PM for dname.

no1

Turken wrote:I have. Problem is, the scope of this report falls somewhere between a master's thesis and a doctoral dissertation (minus the oral defense). It's just too friggin huge -- summarizing five years' worth of work into a single coherent document that reports on everything we did with sufficient (but not too much) detail.

drop the "coherent" and it becomes easier. were there any interim (e.g., weekly, monthly, or annual) status/progress reports? if so, mabe you could just staple 'em back to back.

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hello.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Hello.

Hi, poof.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Hi, poof.

I've been told by two people who know more about computers than I do that I need a new router, and to call my company and they'll bring a new one out. Every time I turn my Kindle off, if I want wi-fi I have to reset the router. Same with the laptop. So I just tried for ten minutes to understand this woman who had me turn the router off and back on and seemed to think it was fixed. I finally gave up. I'll try again late tonight.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I've been told by two people who know more about computers than I do that I need a new router, and to call my company and they'll bring a new one out. Every time I turn my Kindle off, if I want wi-fi I have to reset the router. Same with the laptop. So I just tried for ten minutes to understand this woman who had me turn the router off and back on and seemed to think it was fixed. I finally gave up. I'll try again late tonight.

I use to know about this stuff, but I've given up trying to keep up.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Home Depot's Buy of the Day is a 9 foot Christmas tree.

That wouldn't even fit in my house laying on it's side!

KtCallista

Turken wrote:Sigh.

I'm right there with you! I've got to notate, write documentation for, and debug as much of the code as possible by Friday when I lose access to the server and end my grant. The idea is that I have to write it all out so that some grad student who may have some programming experience can pick it up around Christmas and finish it when Cornell gets their part done. Not to mention it may need a massive overhaul as the underlying program has been upgraded and it changed the output configurations.

I hate leaving things unfinished, but the stuff I've done in the last month is really a mess and the notations in the code are all but non-existent.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hello everyone.

AZGman

klozitshoper wrote:Hello everyone.

Hi.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

How have you been?

AZGman

Well enough, I suppose.

no1

KtCallista wrote:That wouldn't even fit in my house laying on it's side!

mabe you could hang your house from one of the branches as an ornament at xmas.

no1

KtCallista wrote:I'm right there with you! I've got to notate, write documentation for, and debug as much of the code as possible by Friday when I lose access to the server and end my grant. The idea is that I have to write it all out so that some grad student who may have some programming experience can pick it up around Christmas and finish it when Cornell gets their part done. Not to mention it may need a massive overhaul as the underlying program has been upgraded and it changed the output configurations.

I hate leaving things unfinished, but the stuff I've done in the last month is really a mess and the notations in the code are all but non-existent.

for extra fun, you could insert posts from your blog as comments between sections of code

KtCallista

no1 wrote:for extra fun, you could insert posts from your blog as comments between sections of code

That would make it more interesting to read. Now I wish I'd talked about water and dirt more, maybe.

pooflady

Here for the evening.

pooflady

I feel like I ran the category.

no1

pooflady wrote:I feel like I ran the category.

?

pooflady

The top seven threads belong to me!