3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

With the title "Seventh Generation" I was genuinely worried the product description would say "refurb"

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

Customer reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Seventh-Generation-Clear-Diapers-Stage/product-reviews/B004KQBIUQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

woncoolone

quality posts: 878 Private Messages woncoolone

I'm holding out for the Eighth Generation.

kovo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kovo

Cost per diaper:

Buy 1 ($31.99 incl shipping):

• Stage 3: 22.85¢
  • Stage 4: 26.66¢
Buy 2 ($58.98 incl shipping):
  • Stage 3: 21.06¢
  • Stage 4: 24.58¢
Buy 3 ($85.97 incl shipping):
  • Stage 3: 20.47¢
  • Stage 4: 23.88¢

lainelayton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lainelayton

Shouldn't the specs be modified to include shipping cost? That would either bring the size 3 up to .22 per diaper or my math is way off... Which could very well be the case...

Edit: I've been beat! Lol

tilde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tilde

For a sposie, not bad performance. True to size. Can't comment on price as we're cloth now.

nyyankeeez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nyyankeeez

Great deal! This will be a guaranteed sell out!

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

Amazon has 76 Stage 3 ones for $20.99, or $19.94 with subscription, or $0.28 or $0.26 ea respectively.

http://www.amazon.com/Seventh-Generation-Clear-Diapers-Super/dp/B0047EXRJG

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten

This is an excellent price. We used these diapers for 4.5 years (and we were very happy with them) and always bought them by the case.

When in doubt, go with the larger size.

Subscribe and save amazon mom price is the same if you buy one case, but woot is better if you buy more than one case (if you don't mind the shipping delay).

kestrelle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kestrelle

I love Seventh Generation, mostly due to hating fragrances (IMHO, an additional layer of perfume doesn't make poop smell any better). With these diapers, we rarely use any diaper creams or ointments because we have rarely seen any rashes. Love the diapers, but the price here is the same price as the Amazon subscribe & save price (free 3-4 day shipping).

ivegotayen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ivegotayen

I vastly prefer Earth's Best for crunchy diapers. Comparable cost. Much better fit and absorbency.

Also with Subscribe and Save and Amazon Mom, you can save 20%.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau
kschouten wrote:This is an excellent price. We used these diapers for 4.5 years (and we were very happy with them) and always bought them by the case.

When in doubt, go with the larger size.

Do you have a 4 1/2 year old in Diapers?

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten
jseureau wrote:Do you have a 4 1/2 year old in Diapers?

No. I have two children... who were not in diapers at the same time.

christiana118

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christiana118

They aren't bags of crap... yet....
lol sorry couldn't resist :D

worldofjohnboy

quality posts: 77 Private Messages worldofjohnboy
ivegotayen wrote:I vastly prefer Earth's Best for crunchy diapers. Comparable cost. Much better fit and absorbency.

Also with Subscribe and Save and Amazon Mom, you can save 20%.

If you like crunchy diapers, why not use cloth?

"Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Looks fixed now. Now, go buy 3!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Even though I have noone to fit in these, I would have bought a case if they had the Woot! logo.
Guess I'll just have to wait for my pans.

wrightmenow

quality posts: 18 Private Messages wrightmenow

Make your own designer dipes!

These Kraft-paper-colored diapers are a great canvas for bored older brothers & sisters armed with crayons or non-washable markers. Given the medium, they don't expect their masterpieces to be hung on the fridge for days on end; win-win-win for baby, kids & parents.

cornellbigred

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cornellbigred

Use them to cushion corners of tables, etc. too so your child doesnt run into them with his or her head ( it happened to me a lot when i was little :< )

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Seventh Generation Diapers

They've already been used 6 times???

Either that or they are only to be used by families with more than 6 kids...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wrightmenow wrote:Make your own designer dipes!

These Kraft-paper-colored diapers are a great canvas for bored older brothers & sisters armed with crayons or non-washable markers. Given the medium, they don't expect their masterpieces to be hung on the fridge for days on end; win-win-win for baby, kids & parents.

HA! Great idea. Maybe some of you will come back and post the art bums of your babies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thegreatsam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegreatsam
ThunderThighs wrote:Looks fixed now. Now, go buy 3!

Done!

jjilk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jjilk

Ingredients

Our diapers are made of chlorine free wood pulp fluff, sodium polyacrylate (also referred to as SAP or absorbent gel), polyolefin nonwoven fabric, adhesives, polyolefin film, synthetic rubber elastic strands.
Composition:

The color of disposable diapers is typically achieved through the addition of color pigments to their inner and outer cover materials. This is also true for Seventh Generation diapers. While most designs on the market use pigments that result in a white color, we use a small amount of blended color pigments to impart a tan color to our diapers. The blend is proprietary to the supplier of the pigment. To the best of our knowledge, there are no known toxicity issues associated with the use of these pigments in our diapers. Without the addition of color pigments, these materials would be colorless, much like a plastic milk jug. We use brown pigments to help distinguish Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Diapers from others in the marketplace that are bleached with chlorine-containing substances.

All disposable diapers, including Seventh Generation’s, rely on man-made materials to deliver the high-level performance that parents expect of modern diapers. These materials are mostly petroleum-derived and are not renewable, which adversely impacts the environmental footprint associated with these products. At Seventh Generation, we are pleased to offer an alternative that is not bleached with chemicals containing chlorine, and are working hard to further improve the sustainability of our diaper products.

About Chlorine
The wood pulp used in our diapers has not been processed with chemicals containing chlorine. This prevents dangerous chlorinated toxins from being released into the environment through the pulp production process.

jjilk

We use cloth but sometimes we take breaks or travel without them. Seventh Generation is our go-to brand. We've tried other "natural" brands but we have had issues with the rest.

Going in between these sizes can be weird though because of fit. Our skinny little girl will sometimes be able to pee right onto the floor if she is standing at the right angle in size 3 even though she is 23 pounds. We haven't had the issue with size 4 though.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
jseureau wrote:Do you have a 4 1/2 year old in Diapers?

There are plenty of people with delayed or ill 4.5 year olds wearing diapers; no need to be snarky about it.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

hachi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hachi

perfect this is the same brand my 1 yr old uses! thanks!

Krymson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Krymson

Seventh Generation is a trusted brand name in my household... especially the diapers. The only complaint was that Target and Toys R Us quit selling them in my area (no clue as to why) so I have had to purchase them online from Amazon. Hopefully, these diapers are not being phased out.

mamoscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamoscott
badlass wrote:Amazon has 76 Stage 3 ones for $20.99, or $19.94 with subscription, or $0.28 or $0.26 ea respectively.

http://www.amazon.com/Seventh-Generation-Clear-Diapers-Super/dp/B0047EXRJG

The link is for a different quantity, 76 ct (1 pk) for 20.99 vs. 35 ct (4 pk) for 31.99 with shipping on Woot

mamoscott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamoscott
kestrelle wrote:I love Seventh Generation, mostly due to hating fragrances (IMHO, an additional layer of perfume doesn't make poop smell any better). With these diapers, we rarely use any diaper creams or ointments because we have rarely seen any rashes. Love the diapers, but the price here is the same price as the Amazon subscribe & save price (free 3-4 day shipping).

The price is up on Amazon to 33.99 with subscribe and save and amazon mom. They have changed the diapers and the price has gone up with that change. I have a case of the new ones; they're larger than the old ones. I'm certainly expecting these on Woot to be the old ones; trying to sell them out I assume.

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
kovo wrote:Cost per diaper:

Buy 1 ($31.99 incl shipping):
  • Stage 3: 22.85¢
  • Stage 4: 26.66¢
Buy 2 ($58.98 incl shipping):
  • Stage 3: 21.06¢
  • Stage 4: 24.58¢
Buy 3 ($85.97 incl shipping):
  • Stage 3: 20.47¢
  • Stage 4: 23.88¢

Those living in a state where Woot collects sales tax (WA, TX, NY) will actually pay a bit less if you buy 2. Simply use code "TAXSUCKS" to get $5 off (you have to spend >$40 for the coupon to work). Since your sales tax will be less than $5, you'll end up paying a bit less than those who don't pay sales tax. The savings is insignificant, but it's still nice to have.

For example, being a NYer, I have to pay $4.79 in sales tax. With the $5 off coupon, I pay a total of $58.77 shipped, which is a whopping 21 cents cheaper than you folks who don't pay sales tax!!! For a sale that totals about $40, the savings is obviously more.

sdc100

jjilk wrote:While most designs on the market use pigments that result in a white color, we use a small amount of blended color pigments to impart a tan color to our diapers. The blend is proprietary to the supplier of the pigment. To the best of our knowledge, there are no known toxicity issues associated with the use of these pigments in our diapers. Without the addition of color pigments, these materials would be colorless, much like a plastic milk jug. We use brown pigments to help distinguish Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Diapers from others in the marketplace that are bleached with chlorine-containing substances.

Okay, I admit to knowing very little about diapers so please excuse me if this is a stupid question... I still don't understand why they would use any dyes at all. First, I think a semi-transparent diaper ("colorless...like a plastic milk jug") is a GREAT idea!!! That way, you can easily tell when it needs changing, even from afar. No need to feel the diaper or wait for the baby to cry. I believe some brands change color when the diaper gets wet but a semi-transparent diaper won't need that.

Second, wouldn't using a tan dye make it harder to see urine or stool? White offers more contrast.

Seriously, if the natural state of the diaper material is transparent/colorless, why hasn't any company marketed a transparent diaper??? Given the small amount of urine or stool, it won't exactly look gross. Besides, it's only semi-transparent, like looking through distorted wrinkly glass.

sdc100

lainelayton wrote:Shouldn't the specs be modified to include shipping cost? That would either bring the size 3 up to .22 per diaper or my math is way off... Which could very well be the case...

Edit: I've been beat! Lol

It would be nice but that's the responsibility of the buyer, just as those living in WA, TX and NY have to factor in sales tax (and any coupon codes) by themselves. It's no different than looking at a circular for a local store. Most people won't factor in subway/bus fare or gas, not to mention the time it takes to travel. Shipping is trasnportation, except that it's the item that's being transported and not the shopper.

jjilk

sdc100 wrote:Okay, I admit to knowing very little about diapers so please excuse me if this is a stupid question... I still don't understand why they would use any dyes at all. First, I think a semi-transparent diaper ("colorless...like a plastic milk jug") is a GREAT idea!!! That way, you can easily tell when it needs changing, even from afar. No need to feel the diaper or wait for the baby to cry. I believe some brands change color when the diaper gets wet but a semi-transparent diaper won't need that.

Second, wouldn't using a tan dye make it harder to see urine or stool? White offers more contrast.

Seriously, if the natural state of the diaper material is transparent/colorless, why hasn't any company marketed a transparent diaper??? Given the small amount of urine or stool, it won't exactly look gross. Besides, it's only semi-transparent, like looking through distorted wrinkly glass.

First off, I can usually tell when she needs a change by feeling the diaper. It has a heavier feel and is more compacted (the wood-pulp and absorbent chemical soak up the water and gives a dense feeling to it).

I don't need to see when she goes (or anyone else when she is just rocking a diaper). I agree the pigments may not be necessary but I have a feeling that people would not be attracted to the styling and would put their money somewhere else. People want to be fashionable even when it comes to diapers.

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau
neuropsychosocial wrote:There are plenty of people with delayed or ill 4.5 year olds wearing diapers; no need to be snarky about it.

lol not being "Snarky" just a question

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

I am too cheap even for woot. I used old fashioned flatfolds & rubber pants. They are $10 for a dozen on dipes a couple bucks for a pair of rubber pants & then I never have to buy them again. The only time I use sposies is when I have to - which with child #2 was ONLY in the hospital for a day after birth and then when we all had a stomach bug that hung in there & I just already had my plate so full I would have stood him in the trash can bare butt if I thought it was safe....in fact I probably would have joined him. lol Those were a few dark days around here. But otherwise I find cloth is actually pretty simple - the only other investment for me has been a fantastic toilet sprayer that we use a ton for other things as well - such as a HANDY post partum gadget for soothing sore bits...and cleaning dog pooh off a shoe AND a couple of wet bags. That is it.

I think I maybe spent $150 on dipes & pants total & wet bags. The sprayer was the best $50 I ever spent & will likely never be removed from the toilet long after diapers are a fond memory. If you have never tried cloth, it is literally NEVER too late. I didn't start with my 1st until he as about 18 months old & it was STILL worth it even then.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

sdc100

mamoscott wrote:The price is up on Amazon to 33.99 with subscribe and save and amazon mom. They have changed the diapers and the price has gone up with that change. I have a case of the new ones; they're larger than the old ones. I'm certainly expecting these on Woot to be the old ones; trying to sell them out I assume.

According to several reviewers on Amazon, the old "Chlorine-Free" version is prefereable to the new "Free & Clear" one (first available in March 2011). The top review, by Elizabeth M. Callahan II, is the most comprehensive about why the new version is bad. Woot's description says that these are the new "Free & Clear" diapers

compudata

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compudata
lstaff wrote:Even though I have noone to fit in these, I would have bought a case if they had the Woot! logo.
Guess I'll just have to wait for my pans.

Just wait until the mfg offers their version of Depends! Imagine... A three day woot-off and you never need to leave your chair!

homercles82

quality posts: 1 Private Messages homercles82

My wife and I personally experienced nothing but bad with these diapers. We experienced leaks with them (urine) constantly with our little girl.

We exclusively use Earth's Best diapers right now.

As with most things, your mileage will vary.