inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
garrettwheat wrote:Got Him! Here's Izzy! Our neighbor's cat was pregnant as we were looking, and I haven't been on Woot! in a while because of a new job. We just got him last night and he's only about 5 weeks old.

(CUTENESS)

Awwww grats!

I'm just hanging out, really.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
garrettwheat wrote:Got Him! Here's Izzy! Our neighbor's cat was pregnant as we were looking, and I haven't been on Woot! in a while because of a new job. We just got him last night and he's only about 5 weeks old.

Awwww.... I wish I wasn't allergic, I miss having a kitty. Izzy is soooooo cute!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Welcome Izzy!

May you have a long and happy life with your new people!
May your people have a long and happy life with you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Overwhelmed with cuteness. Have fun together.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

holy toledo 5 weeks is pretty young to be separated from mom. otherwise approve of cuteness.

how young is too young

garrettwheat

quality posts: 3 Private Messages garrettwheat
no1 wrote:holy toledo 5 weeks is pretty young to be separated from mom. otherwise approve of cuteness.

how young is too young

I was just corrected by my wife he's six weeks, but I guess that doesn't matter according to the article. He's already using the litter box and eating water-downed dry food... if that helps?!?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I wonder, if it is a neighbors cat, and you will take the kitten for sure....can you get the mom cat to take care of the kitten for a few weeks more?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

garrettwheat wrote:I was just corrected by my wife he's six weeks, but I guess that doesn't matter according to the article. He's already using the litter box and eating water-downed dry food... if that helps?!?

he may turn out fine. it's an additional risk to keep in mind, though.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Ever notice that when you take a kitten's picture, they always have a startled "what-the-hell-was-that" look on their face?

inkycatz

RWoodward wrote:Ever notice that when you take a kitten's picture, they always have a startled "what-the-hell-was-that" look on their face?

My friends were convinced that The Intern had no other expression for the first six months I had her. She has thankfully since developed other expressions:
1. If you don't put that camera down I will cut you.
2. Casual dodge (picture comes out blurry or of cat walking away)
3. Calculated cuteness, often followed by a paw swat.

Yes, I own a Siamese cat. Does it show?

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
inkycatz wrote:My friends were convinced that The Intern had no other expression for the first six months I had her. She has thankfully since developed other expressions:
1. If you don't put that camera down I will cut you.
2. Casual dodge (picture comes out blurry or of cat walking away)
3. Calculated cuteness, often followed by a paw swat.

Yes, I own a Siamese cat. Does it show?

To this list I would add: looking totally stoned because I'm half asleep (aka Wait.. whut?)

no1

inkycatz wrote:Yes, I own a Siamese cat.

i thought the proper term was "conjoined cat"

inkycatz

no1 wrote:i thought the proper term was "conjoined cat"

She was half off.

rleeb77

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rleeb77

I have always declawed, and my cats have never seemed to have suffered afterward. There was the obvious "use shredded paper instead of kitty litter" phase, of course, so there was no litter getting stuck in the wound (which was sealed up with superglue or something)... but all mine still have their back claws. The ONLY time mine go outside is when they are IN the carrier on the way to the car for their annual "wash and set" (that's what we tell them, anyway - it's actually the vet).

Congrats on Izzy. You were smart getting a dark cat, as my white and grey ones show up REALLY badly on my black pants for work... long live the lint roller!

kvkennemer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kvkennemer

I think we should stop calling it declawing and just call it Cut-The-Fingers-Off. I adopted a cat with no front fingers. He was great and there were no noticeable physical problems, but I got him as a stray. If he hadn't been 16 pounds of attitude he might have been in real trouble. Two cats, well integrated, are happier than one. Love your Izzy. The cat that raised me looked like that when he came into our family. Have a great life and take lots of pictures. I wonder what color his eyes will be as an adult.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

Well now your hosed, we got a side sale full of Awesome cats, including the SUPER requested making bread apron.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."