+ Add a Comment

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
KtCallista wrote:Last Post shall be mine again!

last post is temporarily out of service.

lp
Obligatory top post picture (thanks for the reminder LPLady).

move along

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
j5 wrote:last post is temporarily out of service.

lp

Is that because you couldn't find a top picture?

last post

j5

lplady wrote:Is that because you couldn't find a top picture?

last post

Oh dang!
I didn't notice that.
One moment please.
LP

move along

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
j5 wrote:Oh dang!
I didn't notice that.
One moment please.
LP

Nicely redeemed, now I'll take this Last Post, thanks!

Last Post

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

j5

KtCallista wrote:Nicely redeemed, now I'll take this Last Post, thanks!

Last Post

And I shall take it back, if only temporarily. For what is life, if not temporary.
Just like...

LP

move along

KtCallista

j5 wrote:And I shall take it back, if only temporarily. For what is life, if not temporary.
Just like...

LP

Yes yes, thanks for holding that.

Last Post

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Yes yes, thanks for holding that.

Last Post

Here, let me ease your burden.

lp

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Here, let me ease your burden.

lp

thank you

last post

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:thank you

last post

Not so fast there young lady.
//smacks hand//

hostess with the mostest claims the...

last postest

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Stopping by briefly so I can get the

Last Post

Last Post

lplady

tennisplayer121 wrote:Stopping by briefly so I can get the

Last Post

Hi Tennis!!!

Great to see you post. How are you doing and how's school going?

I'm home, in bed sick. Thankful it's nothing serious. Just stupid fever, sinus and ear infections, but damn it, it's sunny and 60 outside. boohoo. Hope I didn't whine so much that you'll stay away. Really I'm not contagious, come back when you can.

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Hi Tennis!!!

I'm home, in bed sick. Thankful it's nothing serious. Just stupid fever, sinus and ear infections, but damn it, it's sunny and 60 outside. boohoo. Hope I didn't whine so much that you'll stay away. Really I'm not contagious, come back when you can.

lp

You are the one who got me sick! Uggh... I've been out of commission pretty much since new years. If I hadn't already won a new computer and a blu ray set I want, I'd think I was doomed to an unlucky year.

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:You are the one who got me sick! Uggh... I've been out of commission pretty much since new years. If I hadn't already won a new computer and a blu ray set I want, I'd think I was doomed to an unlucky year.

LP

Oops, sorry!

Maybe you're just getting all your sickness for 2012 out of the way early. Let's go with that and make it so.

Oooo, where did you win the computer and blu ray set? Congrats!

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Oops, sorry!

Maybe you're just getting all your sickness for 2012 out of the way early. Let's go with that and make it so.

Oooo, where did you win the computer and blu ray set? Congrats!

lp

Well first was a 3 day long migraine, I could be perfectly happy if this was all the sickies though!

Accidental Expert on Babble (also the writer of Parent Hacks) gave away a Dell Inspiron One 2320 Touch and I won one of those, it hasn't arrived yet, but it sounds pretty cool.

I also won season 6 (both sets) of Doctor Who, from GeekMom. I haven't gotten this, but it should be coming any day and I haven't told Orc who will be just as excited.

Last Post

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Well first was a 3 day long migraine, I could be perfectly happy if this was all the sickies though!

Accidental Expert on Babble (also the writer of Parent Hacks) gave away a Dell Inspiron One 2320 Touch and I won one of those, it hasn't arrived yet, but it sounds pretty cool.

I also won season 6 (both sets) of Doctor Who, from GeekMom. I haven't gotten this, but it should be coming any day and I haven't told Orc who will be just as excited.

Last Post

What an awesome prize and so deserved after all the crap you've been though. Nice to see someone get it that has surely earned some good luck to come their way.

You must have stepped in something lately that you won the Dr. Who package too. Good show!

lp

j5

Congrats KT!

otherwise

LP

move along

lplady

j5 wrote:Congrats KT!

otherwise

LP

//tackles//

last post

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

While they celebrate I will sneak in and take that

last post

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

lplady

dontwantaname wrote:While they celebrate I will sneak in and take that

last post

Drank so much that we never noticed.

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:What an awesome prize and so deserved after all the crap you've been though. Nice to see someone get it that has surely earned some good luck to come their way.

You must have stepped in something lately that you won the Dr. Who package too. Good show!

lp

Thanks! Now the problem is I'm more faithful about checking the mail than before Christmas.... come on boxes!

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Thanks! Now the problem is I'm more faithful about checking the mail than before Christmas.... come on boxes!

LP

Not having tracking numbers is not fun. lol

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Not having tracking numbers is not fun. lol

lp

True true, especially when you get emails like: Thanks for your address I'll forward it to X and it should get shipped in the next week or two.

LOL the wait is worse than my first Barrels of Crud and I KNOW WHATS COMING!

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:True true, especially when you get emails like: Thanks for your address I'll forward it to X and it should get shipped in the next week or two.

LOL the wait is worse than my first Barrels of Crud and I KNOW WHATS COMING!

LP

Hope the delivery guy knows from the box that it's a computer so it doesn't get tossed up to your front door. Although I'm not sure that would stop some from doing just that.

Have you had any big snowstorms yet?

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Hope the delivery guy knows from the box that it's a computer so it doesn't get tossed up to your front door. Although I'm not sure that would stop some from doing just that.

Have you had any big snowstorms yet?

lp

Most of the ski hills didn't even open until New Years, no we don't have snow. Oh we have a dusting right now, but it's not even enough for the kids to make anything out of.

As for the delivery guys, I will be very miffed if they throw my new computer. Hopefully it will be well marked.

LP

tennisplayer121

lplady wrote:Hi Tennis!!!

Unfortunately, that's not a great topic at the moment.

The short version, I've had a significant downfall in my health, which started back in early August. Not sure what is going on, but symptoms have progressively been getting worse. I struggled in the very last official class in my PhD program, which resulted in my GPA dropping 0.05 points below the threshold to maintain my GTA position, so they took that away, and with that goes my free tuition/scholarship and the entirety of my income. Also, the class is only offered in the fall, so unfortunately, I can't make it up until next fall. If I wanted to stay in the program for this semester, I'd have to pay out of state tuition for 9 credit hours, and self-support, and those 9 credit hours would be completely worthless to my degree. So I'm going to take a leave of absence, try to get the medical crap figured out, and then make a decision about where to go from there once it gets figured out.

Yep, life is peachy. Oh, and another thing, I got a grant from over the summer, which pushed my taxes into a new bracket or whatever, basically making the entirety of my summer work worth ~$500 instead of $4k. I.e., I basically get no tax return now, and I lose my health insurance. So I think I'm at the point where I'm finally understanding where the phrase "getting kicked while you're down" comes from.

But, I'm still hopeful things will work out, it just might be that this school isn't right for me.

LP

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Unfortunately, that's not a great topic at the moment.

The short version, I've had a significant downfall in my health, which started back in early August. Not sure what is going on, but symptoms have progressively been getting worse. I struggled in the very last official class in my PhD program, which resulted in my GPA dropping 0.05 points below the threshold to maintain my GTA position, so they took that away, and with that goes my free tuition/scholarship and the entirety of my income. Also, the class is only offered in the fall, so unfortunately, I can't make it up until next fall. If I wanted to stay in the program for this semester, I'd have to pay out of state tuition for 9 credit hours, and self-support, and those 9 credit hours would be completely worthless to my degree. So I'm going to take a leave of absence, try to get the medical crap figured out, and then make a decision about where to go from there once it gets figured out.

Yep, life is peachy. Oh, and another thing, I got a grant from over the summer, which pushed my taxes into a new bracket or whatever, basically making the entirety of my summer work worth ~$500 instead of $4k. I.e., I basically get no tax return now, and I lose my health insurance. So I think I'm at the point where I'm finally understanding where the phrase "getting kicked while you're down" comes from.

But, I'm still hopeful things will work out, it just might be that this school isn't right for me.

LP

I'm sorry to hear all that. Health problems seem to eradicate any way of maintaining health insurance, especially when you are single. I hope the medical issue resolves quickly and inexpensively.

Are you back with your folks while your sort things out? I bet your doggy is happy to see you.

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:I'm sorry to hear all that. Health problems seem to eradicate any way of maintaining health insurance, especially when you are single. I hope the medical issue resolves quickly and inexpensively.

Are you back with your folks while your sort things out? I bet your doggy is happy to see you.

LP

Not quite yet. I have a few more things to take care of up here, and then it'll likely be off to my parents' place until I can get everything sorted out. I spent almost 2 weeks with them over the break. Ugh, I love them, and I'm super close with them, but I'm really dreading giving up my independence. I pretty much think I have to though, because holding down a job when my health is fluctuating like this will not be easy.

LP

p.s., and thanks. I'm hoping it sorts itself out really soon.

Last Post

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Not quite yet. I have a few more things to take care of up here, and then it'll likely be off to my parents' place until I can get everything sorted out. I spent almost 2 weeks with them over the break. Ugh, I love them, and I'm super close with them, but I'm really dreading giving up my independence. I pretty much think I have to though, because holding down a job when my health is fluctuating like this will not be easy.

LP

p.s., and thanks. I'm hoping it sorts itself out really soon.

I totally understand. I lived with my parents for a job the year before I got married. It was relatively alright though. They were finally accepting the adult me. Still you do miss your own space.

On the bonus side, after all my health problems having my mom live with us for three months was amazing. When you are feeling ill there is just something about having your mom there.

LP

tennisplayer121

KtCallista wrote:I totally understand. I lived with my parents for a job the year before I got married. It was relatively alright though. They were finally accepting the adult me. Still you do miss your own space.

On the bonus side, after all my health problems having my mom live with us for three months was amazing. When you are feeling ill there is just something about having your mom there.

LP

Yeah... my mom is coming up here this weekend to help me with a few things I haven't been able to keep up with. I love having her around, but right now it still feels "voluntary". It seems like it'll be similar to reading in school...when I got to choose what to read, I loved it. When I had to read something, I almost always hated it. Lol. But, being home isn't terrible, but feeling like I'm dependent is just kind of a bummer.

LP

Last Post

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 591 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry to hear about your health problems, tennis. Take care of yourself.

Post of the last

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KtCallista

tennisplayer121 wrote:Yeah... my mom is coming up here this weekend to help me with a few things I haven't been able to keep up with. I love having her around, but right now it still feels "voluntary". It seems like it'll be similar to reading in school...when I got to choose what to read, I loved it. When I had to read something, I almost always hated it. Lol. But, being home isn't terrible, but feeling like I'm dependent is just kind of a bummer.

LP

I know it seems horrible, but it's the smart thing to do. I hope the change of location clears up your health problems. I know you haven't elaborated (and you don't need to), but I have to wonder if the lab or your immediate surroundings aren't having a detrimental effect. I know de-mold-ifing (removing moldy sheet rock and insulation) the ceiling in my living room has done a world of good for my health this year.

Last hoping it all gets better quickly Post

j5

I hope you get your health issues sorted, tennis. You have my sympathies.

In other news, I'm getting burned out again.

Lp until the np, then lp again.

move along

KtCallista

j5 wrote:I hope you get your health issues sorted, tennis. You have my sympathies.

In other news, I'm getting burned out again.

Lp until the np, then lp again.

Burn out bites!

Last Post

j5

KtCallista wrote:Burn out bites!

Last Post

Burn in does too.

LP

move along

KtCallista

j5 wrote:Burn in does too.

LP

So how do you normally work through it?

LP

lplady

KtCallista wrote:So how do you normally work through it?

LP

Hopefully he's giving himself some chill time.

J5, any chance a vacation can happen sooner than later or is that not in the cards in the near future? Is it a work related burn out or life in general?

Tennis, so sorry to read what you're going through. Hats off to your parents for being so supportive, loving, and helping you when you need it...they sound like great people to have in your corner. Hope you start to feel better soon. ((HUGS))

lp

j5

lplady wrote:Hopefully he's giving himself some chill time.

J5, any chance a vacation can happen sooner than later or is that not in the cards in the near future? Is it a work related burn out or life in general?

lp

Woot related. Not much work right now as all projects are one hold, so I'm spending too much time here

LP

move along

lplady

j5 wrote:Woot related. Not much work right now as all projects are one hold, so I'm spending too much time here

LP

Well that's good. Here I thought it was something more serious...like real life crap.

And how can you get burned out here with such nice people to talk with over on shirt.woot?

last post

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Well that's good. Here I thought it was something more serious...like real life crap.

And how can you get burned out here with such nice people to talk with over on shirt.woot?

last post

Oh me too! //sigh. Woot is your sandbox too, we all play here!

Getting geared up to be the single Mom of three for a week.

Last Post

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Oh me too! //sigh. Woot is your sandbox too, we all play here!

Getting geared up to be the single Mom of three for a week.

Last Post

Sadly lots of mommy's do it every day. You'll be fine. No choice to not be. ;)

As long as he keeps the cats out of our sandbox he can play here anytime.

lp