zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

company web site

http://www.getmobi.com/

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

That is one weird stop light they have on the home page. I understand red means stop and green is go, but what does blue mean?

angelrn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelrn

These little fellas are close cousins of a previous Kids.Woot product, the Tyke Lite RoomMate Multi-Color Night Lamp.

What's different? These twins can be taken off of their bases and carried around, like little glowing friends. Obviously this is FAR superior to the glowing guy stuck on a power cord. Amazon wants $15 for each of these little suckers. Can you believe it??? Here's proof!

I know several people with little brat kids that would enjoy a faceless glowing pal, so I'm in for two!!

Angel*Fish

knight179

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knight179
bluejester wrote:That is one weird stop light they have on the home page. I understand red means stop and green is go, but what does blue mean?

They did this for the native people of Japan. Just in case

In Japanese, the word for blue "ao" is usually used for colors that English speakers would refer to as green, such as the color of a traffic signal meaning "go"

saffrondahlia

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saffrondahlia

My daughter loves this thing. 2 1/2 and her 'nite-nite friend' is soothing and helps with the anxiety of going to sleep without mom & dad in the room. Never heats up so she can keep him in her bed if she likes but I keep it on the dresser - it's rather bright on any color mode beyond green.

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

DAD???

Renratca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Renratca

My Sister has these for her Twins, and we have one for our (almost) 2 year old. These are the best night lights. although ours are rechargeable. The kids love them be accuse the light is soft enough to not keep (even adults) awake, yet bright enough to let you see the whole bedroom.

bhcompy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bhcompy

Got some things like this at Ikea for my son. They're pretty cool I think. Can be interesting nightlights(not very illuminating though) or just fun little things.

KLymans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KLymans

Any word on estimated battery life?
Our last "night light" for my 4 year old ate batteries like zombies eat brains.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
KLymans wrote:Any word on estimated battery life?
Our last "night light" for my 4 year old ate batteries like zombies eat brains.

When fully charged, they mihgt last a couple of nights if you leave them on all night. If you leave them on the 15 minute timer option, they last a whole lot longer because they shut off after, guess how long? That's right...15 minutes! If my son wakes up and it's off, he usually turns it back to "ON" without the timer. We have 3 of the Juniors. They work, but after about a month or two, they might stop working for a while, then suddenly one day we'll try them again and they work again. We've exchanged 2 of them in the past (one purchased from Woot, one from a major toys R somebody retailer. Still have issues with all 3 at some point. Between the 3, we usually have at least 2 that keep working at one time. For this price, though, you can't go wrong. Seriously. And if you have issues, Mobi is pretty good about taking care of you with exhanges/replacements. We also love the large plug-in lamps that are available. Never any issues with those, but then again, they stay plugged in on a shelf. All in all, a great little product. I say go for it!

SatanFilmGirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SatanFilmGirl

My daughter has just about every Tyke Light available, and she LOVES them. She currently goes to bed with the green, orange, and yellow rechargeable ones. She also has the plug-in lamp. At my mom's house, where she sometimes spends overnights, she has the pink and blue juniors. More than likely, this junior will eat through batteries just like her other two juniors. However, they really are worth it. And, at this price, I'm in for 3!!

Also worth noting - I've never had any problems at all with any of our Tyke Lights! As mentioned by someone else, I've heard wonderful things about Mobi's customer service. I've just never had to use it.

pipergroupie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pipergroupie

Are these chewable - or at least safe to chew - for teething tots?

missstify

quality posts: 1 Private Messages missstify

We have the full size Mobi light guy and my three year old LOVES it! However, as she is always wanting to carry it around, we're definitely in for for these. Getting two as the teenage niece also loves the Mobi guy and you always need backups.

OldElvis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OldElvis

Ikea has something similar to these as well.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30150984

These are rechargeable, and are great for lighting a tent when I go camping.

We will find a way or we will make one. Hannibal ~ 200 B.C.

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco

My son loves his. But I am going to warn you that we go through a 40 pack of batteries every 5-6 months. Even though it can auto shut off in 15 minutes it takes longer than that for my son to go to sleep so he troughs a fit if it goes out. Also there is a red LED light on the bottom that comes on when the timer is on and he gets irritated if that light is on. The button to turn it on and off is hard for children to find and in the dark I have trouble finding it since it is flush with the bottom and covered with the bottoms sticker. If it is rechargeable it would be awesome!

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional

Is the light given off by these sufficient to read by?

allie8302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allie8302

I had one of these for my son, and it was great, until it broke. The company would not replace it even though it was within the period. Very disappointing because it would be a great product if it was quality.

lisaklostermann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisaklostermann

Can I combine shipping with woot.com and kids.woot if I am buying both the same day?

straydog1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages straydog1980

I got one of the larger variety in a previous wootoff for my daughter and she absolutely loves it. The bleeding color mode is really neat looking and yes, they feel sturdy enough that a toddler could chew on it without inadvertently gaining mutant powers.

Hertz2much

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hertz2much

These are the best. had them for a year and they give my girl the confidence to sleep at night. One stays on the charger. then we just switch it out every night.. they last for a couple hours.

leregan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leregan

These are NOT the rechargable ones! They come in battery, plug-in only, and rechargable battery (that can work plugged or unplugged). These for same are the AAA type.

My nephews love theirs so much I'm getting some of these "Juniors" to keep at my house because I'm not worried about the battery issue for using maybe 1-2 times per month.

They would also be cool to illuminate a bathroom or other small room for a party.

hayl3y

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayl3y
pipergroupie wrote:Are these chewable - or at least safe to chew - for teething tots?

I certainly wouldn't allow a child to chew on any toy that contains batteries. Although they are BPA free, doesn't make them chew toys for children JMO.

hayl3y

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayl3y
angelrn wrote:These little fellas are close cousins of a previous Kids.Woot product, the Tyke Lite RoomMate Multi-Color Night Lamp.

What's different? These twins can be taken off of their bases and carried around, like little glowing friends. Obviously this is FAR superior to the glowing guy stuck on a power cord. Amazon wants $15 for each of these little suckers. Can you believe it??? Here's proof!

I know several people with little brat kids that would enjoy a faceless glowing pal, so I'm in for two!!

As far as I can see these are not the ones with the rechargeable base, they use AAA batteries.

For the price you can get twice as many as on the mobi site. I am in for 2 sets!

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

MOBI Glomate Jr 2 Pack has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

mdorrh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdorrh

I bought these and both packages were open. It looks like everything is there and I hope they work. They are gifts so I cant try them but I wont buy from you again.

naffled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naffled

I'm really surprised and disappointed..

You pay extra for the shipping, and mine still aren't scheduled to be delivered until December 15th.

2 weeks for delivery?