12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

estebanb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages estebanb

Seems kind of pumpkiny to take something made out of an exceptionally light weight material like carbon fiber and cover it up with something really heavy like leather. Why even bother with the carbon fiber?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

Some videos from Kiddicare

Superllama7

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Superllama7

Holy crap... You can't get this for under $600 (at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FAMZ30?linkCode=xm2&tag=invihand-20). If you're looking for a fancy, high-end gift for a new dad, this would fit the bill

DennisEChung

quality posts: 66 Private Messages DennisEChung

We have a similar Maclaren and use it all the time. It folds conveniently and is a good compromise between size and function.

I do wish it had a cupholder, but the rear pouch can serve as one in a pinch.

Is the "carbon fiber skin" just a cosmetic treatment over the stock metal frame or is it structural?

BAMOFO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BAMOFO

CAVEAT EMPTOR:

Close your eyes and imagine that you are quite a bit smaller and riding around in the hot sun or the cold winter in a black leather stroller before you make a decision to purchase this because it seems like a good deal...

My FIRST FIRST: First sucker: BAMOFO
Speed to first woot: 0m 10.000s
Sellout time: 12:00:00 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 0.000s Woot wage: ($256.65)
Item quantity: 63

impurity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages impurity

We have a Maclaren Techno and love it. They make amazing strollers. Fold down tiny, light weight, and are a breeze to push.

Krymson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Krymson

Does anyone know the weight limit for this particular model?

vinithehat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages vinithehat
BAMOFO wrote:CAVEAT EMPTOR:

Close your eyes and imagine that you are quite a bit smaller and riding around in the hot sun or the cold winter in a black leather stroller before you make a decision to purchase this because it seems like a good deal...

leather is warm as heck. love it. plus your kid is hopefully well dressed. in the summer this will give your kid swamp-ass.

Krymson

Found it:

42Hx19W" for babies 3 mos. and up; up to 44" and 55 lbs.

kevblah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevblah

what a crazy low price, im considering buying it even though im not planning to have a kid for another 3-4 years!!! LOL

vinithehat

Krymson wrote:Does anyone know the weight limit for this particular model?

amazon states the shipping weight at 14.9 lbs. so figure a couple lbs less...

ha ha i totally misread your question...

vinithehat

this one includes hinge covers so dont worry about your kids becoming factory seconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclaren#Recall_of_all_strollers

Leslie14

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Leslie14

WHOA!!! This is the best deal I've ever seen on the leather Maclaren... ANYWHERE!!!!

We own (And have loved) our leather Mac for almost 3 years and paid almost 4 times the price (And at the time I thought I was getting a good deal!!)

And before anyone starts a rant on "Why would anyone put a baby in a leather stroller..." let me just tell you this is bar none, the best winter time stroller you could ask for!(Especially for older kids) The child's body temperature actually helps generate heat through the leather making it uber cozy!!

Oh woot, this is a stellar deal! WTG!

supadavie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages supadavie

Hope Leslie is right about the leather making it a good winter stroller. Can the seat cover be changed, anyone?

ttcarter

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ttcarter

I echo what everyone else is saying - Maclaren strollers are top notch and built to last. I have one that is 8 years old and it looks as good as the day I bought it. They are lightweight and easy to open and close. This is an spectacular deal, too. Although my Maclaren stroller is not leather, my child's carseat was and we loved it! No problems with it getting too hot or cold and it still looked great by the time he outgrew it.

mbmanaus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mbmanaus

If I hadn't recently purchased an umbrella stroller I would be all over this!

VorlonBlue

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VorlonBlue

Wow, I've never been a first sucker (pats self on back) but I couldn't pass this one up even though we don't need it now.

Is the leather easy to clean? (I noticed a couple of wooters mentioned they have a leather model) and lastly, does this come with spinners?

steveandsuz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steveandsuz

Is anyone having trouble ordering. I'm having trouble logging on and when I push the gold button I get sent to a log on screen again. It's weird.

kayerandall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayerandall
supadavie wrote:Hope Leslie is right about the leather making it a good winter stroller. Can the seat cover be changed, anyone?

We have a non-leather MacLaren, and it's everything on it is more or less replaceable. I would assume the same with this one, but I guess we'll find out when we get ours in the mail

Leslie14

VorlonBlue wrote:Wow, I've never been a first sucker (pats self on back) but I couldn't pass this one up even though we don't need it now.

Is the leather easy to clean? (I noticed a couple of wooters mentioned they have a leather model) and lastly, does this come with spinners?

EXTREMELY Easy to clean! I use a damp cloth to wipe ours down, and it looks as good as the day we brought it home!

VorlonBlue

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VorlonBlue
Leslie14 wrote:EXTREMELY Easy to clean! I use a damp cloth to wipe ours down, and it looks as good as the day we brought it home!

Thanks Leslie for clarifying the leather question!

Myztri

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Myztri

My eyes are watering at the sexiness of this thing. I need 2 of them, and the little clips to hook them together side by side.

Leslie14

supadavie wrote:Hope Leslie is right about the leather making it a good winter stroller. Can the seat cover be changed, anyone?

Heehee, I like to think I'm somewhat of a stroller aficionado! ;)

The seat cover isn't "replaceable" per se, (not the way a Bugaboo skin can be removed anyway) BUT it is removable and if you wanted to order another seat insert from Maclaren, you could switch them out from summer-winter. (But it's just pain-in-the-butty enough that it's probably not something you could do on a moments notice, but it'd work seasonally)

A better bet might be to order the Maclaren seat liner to keep the heat of the leather off baby/toddler during the summer months! It's way cheaper than ordering a whole new seat and super easy to pop in the wash!

http://us.maclarenbaby.com/accessories/reversible-seat-liners?lang=en&langVar=en&lang=en&logoVar=www

Krymson

Hey Leslie or anyone that owns one:

Does this model have the "extendable leg rests"?

daniride

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daniride

DAMN really tricky in terms of the leather material .. what happens in the 90 degree days ??? thoughts anyone

mferron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mferron
Krymson wrote:Hey Leslie or anyone that owns one:

Does this model have the "extendable leg rests"?

It does have leg extenders on it....it extends by pulling out tabs on each side of the bottom of the seat. The youtube video gives a good demo.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWTHVXO-PFI&list=PL3B3411371E1CF856&index=3&playnext=6

Krymson

mferron wrote:It does have leg extenders on it....it extends by pulling out tabs on each side of the bottom of the seat. The youtube video gives a good demo.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWTHVXO-PFI&list=PL3B3411371E1CF856&index=3&playnext=6

Thank you!

vmsingh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmsingh

I can't seem to find this CF6506 model on
http://us.maclarenbaby.com

I even used the website search feature.

Is this an discontinued model? Something that was introduced in 2007 and then subsequently discontinued??

Is this why the price is ridiculously low????

sherry7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherry7
vmsingh wrote:I can't seem to find this CF6506 model on
http://us.maclarenbaby.com

I even used the website search feature.

Is this an discontinued model? Something that was introduced in 2007 and then subsequently discontinued??

Is this why the price is ridiculously low????

According to the info I found, it is indeed a 2007 model. http://www.maclarenstrollersatcsn.com/Maclaren-A093921-EK1144.html

faiz23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faiz23

check out reviews at toys r us

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2618420

leather seems to be an issue a seat cover of some sort would be cool or if we can convert it but the price is unbeatable

imapir8rrr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imapir8rrr

I have a question for Maclaren owners. My husband and I are both @ 6 ft tall. Are the handles fairly high or would we need to bend down to reach them?

Megera716

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Megera716
imapir8rrr wrote:I have a question for Maclaren owners. My husband and I are both @ 6 ft tall. Are the handles fairly high or would we need to bend down to reach them?

I'm 5'10" and my husband is 6'1". We ended up going with an Uppababy when we bought our umbrella stroller but we also test-drove Maclaren and Chicco. They all have handles great for tall people, unlike the $20 Babies R Us specials that you have to hunch over to push...

capcityphoenix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capcityphoenix

My son isn't quite two weeks yet, but I do have a question. Should you really take your child out in 90 degree heat or 30 degree cold in a stroller or otherwise? I don't want to be outside at those temperatures so I can't seem to think of a reason to take them out either?
Seriously just a question. I'm a new Dad and I need to know these things! I want the best of the best for my little man and this sounds like the best.

monkey23a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkey23a
capcityphoenix wrote:My son isn't quite two weeks yet, but I do have a question. Should you really take your child out in 90 degree heat or 30 degree cold in a stroller or otherwise? I don't want to be outside at those temperatures so I can't seem to think of a reason to take them out either?
Seriously just a question. I'm a new Dad and I need to know these things! I want the best of the best for my little man and this sounds like the best.

When you get past your first summer and winter, believe me, you will want to get out no matter what! Think 4th of July parade, Christmas Tree lighting, etc.

Ashlee

capcityphoenix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capcityphoenix
monkey23a wrote:When you get past your first summer and winter, believe me, you will want to get out no matter what! Think 4th of July parade, Christmas Tree lighting, etc.

Thank you! Lights at the zoo, camping, trails, etc. That makes sense now.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

If I were a manufacturer, the one area of production I would run away from is ANYTHING for toddlers! You can design and test, and STILL some kid will find a way to get his head stuck in it or have it collapse on him! Then there are the recalls and lawsuits. Or, you finally make it just right and your Chinese factory decides to make the paint look nicer by adding a little lead to it! A salute these companies for being brave, but I'm glad it's not me!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek
DennisEChung wrote:We have a similar Maclaren and use it all the time. It folds conveniently and is a good compromise between size and function.

I do wish it had a cupholder, but the rear pouch can serve as one in a pinch.

Is the "carbon fiber skin" just a cosmetic treatment over the stock metal frame or is it structural?

It's cosmetic. I design composite products for a living and this would cost in the thousands if it were structrual.

sprousehouse

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sprousehouse

I bought a number of cheap stollers, which kinda worked, then broke, then became landfill clutter. Then I bought a Maclaren, and never had to buy another stroller! It's the ONLY stroller that survived and looks great enough that has been requested as a hand-me-down!