Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

My daughters just watched The Wizard of Oz for the first time, whereupon my 2-year-old issued a Halloween edict: nobody in the family is allowed to dress up as a witch or a flying monkey. My only question was, how come I'd never thought of dressing as a flying monkey?

That idea might just be awesome enough to get me to wear a costume for Halloween again. I bet I could do it better than that guy. But I guess I'll have to wait another year or two in the interest of my child's sanity.

Have you ever worn a costume that freaked your kids out? (And no, grossing out your grown-up kids by dressing as a Sexy Dental Hygienist or something doesn't count.)

Photo: Flying monkey Kurt by Flickr user hans.gerwitz, used under a Creative Commons license.

wrigjenn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wrigjenn

HILARIOUS!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Our kids are still young enough we do a family themed costume. This year we are Little Red Ridding Hood, her best friend Goldilocks and the Three Bears. The youngest (9 months) was a bit unnerved by my bear hat and ears, but he was alright after a second look.

Beware the V'owls screech!

rayray099

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099

Now that's a costume party.

I remember one halloween when I was maybe... 10?...my mom was babysitting my little cousin, who must have been a yr or so old. I don't remember what my friend and I were dressed as, but when my other aunt showed up as herself and starting cooing little cousin, he just started screaming at the sight of her. No costume. Just her face.

mattschuette

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mattschuette

Staff

My mother-in-law is actually still kind of terrified of flying monkeys due to a childhood Oz trauma. Don't think it was related to a costume, but know that your antics can permanently affect them!!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain

I think the lack of redeye reduction in their flash usage really rounds out the piece.