12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

johnwyattedgar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnwyattedgar

I'm guessing it's not actually jam-packed with diapers

svengoolie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages svengoolie

Not quite sure what a diaper backpack entails...

DisComBoBuLaT3D

quality posts: 21 Private Messages DisComBoBuLaT3D

Found website ---> Here

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon

these backpacks are great for dads. Make much more sense than carrying around a "purse" or "murse" or other hybrid man bag. This is quick and easy to carry and leaves you with what little dignity you have left when you have to carry around diapers, wipes and bottles.

I'm in for one!

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

geekettebits

quality posts: 15 Private Messages geekettebits

This backpack looks pretty sweet! No more babies in the house but I think I'll get a couple for backup baby shower gifts! Seems like a great deal, the guys won't mind wearing these either...

...especially with everyone going green, seems like a great gift for the outdoorsy types!

brknfngr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brknfngr

No kids (THANK GOD!) but will see how this works out when riding my motorcycle. Sounds comfortable.

zuberman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zuberman

Don't like the colors? Follow the Froogle fun and get it in red for only 6x Woot's price.

http://www.google.com/products?q=obus+forme+jam+packed+backpack&hl=en&aq=f

Live from Shanghai

AnnaLovesBooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnnaLovesBooks
DisComBoBuLaT3D wrote:Found website ---> Here

Right website, wrong page. This is the small one.
http://www.jampacked.ca/ObusFormeBackpack.html

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
DisComBoBuLaT3D wrote:Found website ---> Here

Thank you, very helpful! So is the other link. Wish the correct link had a pocket diagram like the first link had.

Anyone actually used this brand of bag? My current diaper bag is literally held together with glue and it is a backpack style (but different brand) and I want to replace it before the new baby arrives in January. Is this bag going to hold up to being shoved into small compartments, sat on by older siblings and generally beaten up with daily wear?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

thegreatkate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegreatkate

I know this is for lugging around poo duty stuff, but "Wider waste strap"? Spell check can't help you there . . .

icemanforlife

quality posts: 3 Private Messages icemanforlife

anyone have any reviews of these?

prokus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prokus
rafcon wrote:This leaves you with what little dignity you have left when you have to carry around diapers, wipes and bottles.

"What dignity you have left"?? Are you kidding me? Choosing to have children; raising the leaders of our world; creating the love of family is the highest honor of life. Anyone carrying symbols of parenting such as diapers, bottles, etc, is great dignity and deserve the respect of all of us. Let's not forget what life is all about with such casual, demoralizing, false statements. And the backpack is a cool thing to have.

icemanforlife

quality posts: 3 Private Messages icemanforlife

i couldnt find any reviews but these look like a great back pack for baby stuff and a awesome price. The larger back pack was selling for around $125.

animerika

quality posts: 5 Private Messages animerika

Backpack on the Obus Forme Website

Anyone know how much this backpack goes for? I can't find it anywhere. Also, I'd definitely like to know if this is a good brand, it seems nice but I've never heard of Obus Forme before. It seems like all the stores I find are Canadian, so is it Canada exclusive?

My first quality post was about the Pokedex. Awesome.

whoopicush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whoopicush

Today's item bolsters the respect I have for my grandmother, who raised 10 children -- and the respect I have for all of my aunts and uncles for surviving the perils of an unpadded world in which their little tushies were diapered in cloth that had hung on a clothesline until it was nice and crisp and that was fastened with great walloping pins! Pins, I tell you! Giant ones! And no sanitary changing pad to keep their delicate little selves from contact with the surface below!

The humanity!

Their generation could definitely beat up my generation.

KtCallista

animerika wrote:Backpack on the Obus Forme Website

Anyone know how much this backpack goes for? I can't find it anywhere. Also, I'd definitely like to know if this is a good brand, it seems nice but I've never heard of Obus Forme before. It seems like all the stores I find are Canadian, so is it Canada exclusive?

It looks like their other products have decent ratings on Amazon (except for a few foam pillows for snoring). However they only have one or two reviewers each. I haven't had a ton of luck finding this bag on a reviewed site either.

Crlygrl34

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Crlygrl34

Ummm Im not trying to be snarky but isnt this just a backpack?

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
animerika wrote:Backpack on the Obus Forme Website

Does it really matter? Have you ever priced the diaper bags, especially the "man" styles? This thing is a steal. Other than that, is there really a "good" brand of diaper bag? They're all baby brands like "Graco" or "Baby Trends." However, at Ross, I've seen a couple of back pack styles that were branded "Jeep." I bought the small one for less than $10! (Love Ross) The big one was nice, too, but I don't want to carry the thing on my back. I just wanted something small, cool looking (read: not a purse), and able to fit underneath the stroller. It's basically big enough for me to take the baby out shopping. It'll hold some diapers, wipes, bottle, water (for the bottle), changing pad, and maybe a some very light clothing, like another "onesie." It doesn't have back pack straps, either, it's looks like a tiny back pack, but uses a long shoulder strap.

Anyway, this one is super cheap. Babies R Us wants like $40 or $50 for all their bags, and the manly ones seem to command a premium.

multiwebb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages multiwebb

My digging around shows this bag to go for $40-50. I'd like the new bigger model, but, awesome deal for the price I would say. Looks to have very few but good reviews on this particular bag.

I'm in for one to convert it to a picnic backpack. Hopefully it will hold a bottle of wine. ;^)

I like the idea of baby shower gifts as well.

Cheers!

HotsauceWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotsauceWI
multiwebb wrote:My digging around shows this bag to go for $40-50. I'd like the new bigger model, but, awesome deal for the price I would say. Looks to have very few but good reviews on this particular bag.

I'm in for one to convert it to a picnic backpack. Hopefully it will hold a bottle of wine. ;^)

I like the idea of baby shower gifts as well.

Cheers!

How about some links?

It must be the sauce.

jespensc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jespensc

Ugh. In for none.

With my first kid, I ended up carrying the diaper bag everywhere, with an evolving collection of diapers, extra outfits, changing pad, bottles, formula or milk (with cold packs), and assorted other stuff that well-meaning folks had designed pockets for, and therefore I felt compelled to fill.

Second child: I jettisoned all that unnecessary junk. What remained of the diaper bag was a single diaper folded in half around a ziplock bag with about 6 wipes, in my jeans back pocket. Except for the Baby Bjorn and a single-serve packet of formula when he was still nursing, *everything* else was unnecessary, even for walking day trips in odd third-world villages. Worked fine, never looked back.

Sorry guys, this Jam Packed backpack is a solution in search of a problem.

KtCallista

DaZoneRanger wrote:
Anyway, this one is super cheap. Babies R Us wants like $40 or $50 for all their bags, and the manly ones seem to command a premium.

Thanks, your logic got me off the fence. I need a new bag, this one is very similar to what I had by baby trend (okay, actually probably way better, but same size and "style" if you count two crappy straps to make a backpack as the same as this well thought out ergonomic strapped bag) and what I would want again. I wish I knew more about it (especially the organizer pocket layout), but for $20 I'm gonna take the chance. After all Babys 'R Us is about the only place I can go see the bags (my Ross doesn't get cool ones like your's does) and it'd be a special trip just for me to go look.

multiwebb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages multiwebb
HotsauceWI wrote:How about some links?

Here are a few

http://www.ebrandon.ca/ItemView.aspx?item_id=142382

http://www.growingyourbaby.com/2007/11/17/obus-forme-makes-a-kick-butt-diaper-bag/

There was one more I'll post when I find it.

HotsauceWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotsauceWI
multiwebb wrote:Here are a few

http://www.ebrandon.ca/ItemView.aspx?item_id=142382

http://www.growingyourbaby.com/2007/11/17/obus-forme-makes-a-kick-butt-diaper-bag/

There was one more I'll post when I find it.

Awesome. Thanks.

It must be the sauce.

kevieugene

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kevieugene

is anyone else having problems with paypal?

dreamweavermama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamweavermama
kevieugene wrote:is anyone else having problems with paypal?

Yeah, I had a problem with paypal so had to dig out the cc instead

bryanwagner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bryanwagner

Forget about the diaper uses. This is a perfect size backpack for my 7yr old to use for everyday "adventures".

kevieugene

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kevieugene

in for three.

dbehera2000

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dbehera2000

Does anyone know how much these backpacks weigh?

coolblue123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolblue123

looks good. My only comment is that 16 inches is really really small. Usually we need more than diapers even in an "express" bag.
Want to share your express list for a 2 yr old kid?
Mines has:
diapers
wipes
a couple of grocery veggies bag (we all know what they are for)
benadyl
extra set of clothes
tissue
pacifier (if needed)
snacks
bottle of water
changing pad

k2009r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k2009r

As long as it doesn't come with any jam packed diapers...

niftyfifty

quality posts: 14 Private Messages niftyfifty

Youngest daughter is planning to start a family so I'm already collecting things for a future baby shower...got the black so Daddy can feel comfy lugging it also! Between buying for the 6 Grands and some stuff for me....hey, Nana colors too....I've got a smokin' debit card!

niftyfifty

quality posts: 14 Private Messages niftyfifty

Very cool...they're made by an orthopedics company!

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait
Crlygrl34 wrote:Ummm Im not trying to be snarky but isnt this just a backpack?

When you get right down to it, yes it is, but it's a backpack with a special compartment for keeping bottles of formula/milk/whathaveyou cool when you're out all day. When it comes to salmonella, teach Little Johnny and Suzie to just say "No".

Also, someone else mentioned layout. This seems to have a good layout from the description although it would have been nice to have some pics of the internal compartment(s). Layout is something most people don't take into account until you've had to rummage around one-handed in a diaper bag with 10 pounds of stinky, screaming, wiggly goodness in your arms. Then, layout is EXTREMELY important. I've ditched a few bags for over layout issues.

One word of advice for the ladies - men will NOT carry anything with a Classic Pooh motif, no matter how cute you think it is. Steer Dad towards the backpack-style or laptop-case-style diaper bag. Let him pick it out, and pay whatever it costs. Trust me on this one - it'll pay off in spades for you in the long run.

ej822

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ej822

Pics don't seem to match the description. Description matches THIS pic http://www.jampacked.ca/OFbackpack.htm, however, they have this pic on Woot http://www.jampacked.ca/ObusFormeBackpack.html. Wonder which pack you actually get?

ej822

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ej822

Bummer, out of black already???

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Tactical Diaper Bag. Woot!

mlgilbride

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlgilbride
ej822 wrote:Bummer, out of black already???

yep...i went for the orange one

r6racer75

quality posts: 1 Private Messages r6racer75

Physical Dimensions: 16” (H) X 11” (L) X 8” (W)

This thing is tiny. I have two kids and this wont hold anything for a day trip. Maybe for going out for dinner or over to grandmas but not for a day at the beach, SeaWorld or longer trips. 8" WIDE!!!! No thanks. Id rather have the larger one.