Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
jbedwar1 wrote:I like the pig shirt ..and will vote for it ... but i'm affraid it might get rejected for lack of Souvenir. But hopefully i'm wrong.

Seems as if you were correct. Though I am kinda surprised they rejected it because it didn't fit the time travel theme as well. I think that lacks a bit of imagination.

Ah well.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
Tegeril wrote:Seems as if you were correct. Though I am kinda surprised they rejected it because it didn't fit the time travel theme as well. I think that lacks a bit of imagination.

Ah well.

Rejectors seem to be much more active this week. Sorry to see yours gone, and the time machine tomorrow one. But thus that is how the hammer falls....

edit: Makes me wonder about the Spanish inquisition one being next

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

I imagine the Derby theme and rejection process thusly:

someone at woot thinks of a theme.
someone else writes the contest writeup, which is an imperfect description of the theme (mabe they don't understand it exactly anyway)
the rejectorator rejects designs based on some arbitrary criteria, which is never described in the derby discussion threads, and only vaguely hinted at in the rejection notice. the rejection criteria doesn't depend at all on the contest writeup, so there's no way for designers to know where the lines should be drawn.

so rejections are hard to understand, confusion and bitterness reign. world ends on an unhappy note. the end.

darthv8r

no1 wrote:I imagine the Derby theme and rejection process thusly:

someone at woot thinks of a theme.
someone else writes the contest writeup, which is an imperfect description of the theme (mabe they don't understand it exactly anyway)
the rejectorator rejects designs based on some arbitrary criteria, which is never described in the derby discussion threads, and only vaguely hinted at in the rejection notice. the rejection criteria doesn't depend at all on the contest writeup, so there's no way for designers to know where the lines should be drawn.

so rejections are hard to understand, confusion and bitterness reign. world ends on an unhappy note. the end.

but where is your shirt Mr. no1?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
darthv8r wrote:but where is your shirt Mr. no1?

Lord v8r,
Do you object to my nudity?

darthv8r

no1 wrote:Lord v8r,
Do you object to my nudity?

not as long as it is on topic of souvenirs

darthv8r

ahh here it is, I like no1, you should put it in your sig

Tegeril

Does anyone know if it is possible to resubmit if an old design before the 60 days are up if it pertains to a future theme?

Like if...next week's derby were about farm animals, could I resubmit my pigs fly shirt next week?

darthv8r

Tegeril wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to resubmit if an old design before the 60 days are up if it pertains to a future theme?

Like if...next week's derby were about farm animals, could I resubmit my pigs fly shirt next week?

Yes, you can as long as they don't specify that you cannot. like they did on the urban theme, but that was the only instance they said you couldn't. So go for it!

Tegeril

Good to know. Thanks a bunch!

darthv8r

Tegeril wrote:Good to know. Thanks a bunch!

anytime

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Tegeril wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to resubmit if an old design before the 60 days are up if it pertains to a future theme?

I would definitely vote for it again if the opportunity arrives

Tegeril

I crack me up...

Vote!

darthv8r

Tegeril wrote:I crack me up...

Vote!

You should have put it as today's date 11/6 so when they rejected it you can say, see I went back in time and got my tshirt rejected

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

I had a good idea for a shirt this morning...on the back, I ran with the raptors in Pamplona. July 7th, 77,000,000 B.C. with rips through the back of the shirt, and scratched skin showing through.

darthv8r

Josephus wrote:I had a good idea for a shirt this morning...on the back, I ran with the raptors in Pamplona. July 7th, 77,000,000 B.C. with rips through the back of the shirt, and scratched skin showing through.

I know they said no front and back, but I don't see why they won't do just the back, I like it,
do it, v8r commands you

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha

I had this idea

but don't know how to put it on a shirt.

And is it a good enough idea?
Is it just too late?

kalyha

kalyha wrote:I had this idea

Is it just too late?

Oh & is it legal? the lion is an adaptation of a clip-art design

darthv8r

kalyha wrote:I had this idea

Is it just too late?

Very nice design, I like it! No it is not too late. What did you create it with? (photoshop gimp, other)

darthv8r

kalyha wrote:Oh & is it legal? the lion is an adaptation of a clip-art design

Ah! how much of an adaptation? do you have the original?

darthv8r

kalyha wrote:I didn't change a whole lot, I just adapted it to my colors & resized & got rid of excess crap
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/preview.aspx?AssetID=MCj0197383&Query=lion&Scope=20&CTT=1&Origin=EC790000121033&QueryID=DwOCHxfOG&AssetCol=MPj0178729,MCj0198740,MCj0197383,MCj0325870,MMj0288950,MCj0299337,MCj0238427,MCj0200577,MCj0151587,MCj0088508,MCj0088504,MCj0088470

This is a good question for Dr. J. Everytime I think something is okay, I am proven wrong, but Joe usually knows. What do you say Dr. J?

kalyha

darthv8r wrote:This is a good question for Dr. J. Everytime I think something is okay, I am proven wrong, but Joe usually knows. What do you say Dr. J?

Thanks for your input!

Josephus

darthv8r wrote:This is a good question for Dr. J. Everytime I think something is okay, I am proven wrong, but Joe usually knows. What do you say Dr. J?

I think I'd redraw it myself- a lion I mean. Looks like its the same thing.
Of course, it matters what the rights to the clipart are. It might be public domain.

Take this image and draw the head from it, real simple, a few lines. Then you have an original clipart that's clean. The image is Rembrandt's, and is public domain.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Rembrandt-A-Lion-Lying-Down-207063.jpg

kalyha

Josephus wrote:I think I'd redraw it myself- a lion I mean. Looks like its the same thing.
Of course, it matters what the rights to the clipart are. It might be public domain.

Take this image and draw the head from it, real simple, a few lines. Then you have an original clipart that's clean. The image is Rembrandt's, and is public domain.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Rembrandt-A-Lion-Lying-Down-207063.jpg

Thanks, all I have is a touch pad, not mouse or tablet, so I don't know that I have enough time to draw it. I had the idea too late I guess.

darthv8r

Josephus wrote:I think I'd redraw it myself- a lion I mean. Looks like its the same thing.

what if she did the full face like so:

does that make enough difference and/or fall under the parody? I like the half face but don't know

edit: oh see you have a different non copyright one...

darthv8r

darthv8r wrote:what if she did the full face like so:

does that make enough difference and/or fall under the parody? I like the half face but don't know

edit: oh see you have a different non copyright one...

BTW, what font is that, it is really smooth.

jbedwar1

need a couple more votes to tie my 25 vote mark of last week hah. pathetic yes...but my goal is to beat it.

darthv8r

jbedwar1 wrote:need a couple more votes to tie my 25 vote mark of last week hah. pathetic yes...but my goal is to beat it.

I'd check that again if I was you

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
jbedwar1 wrote:need a couple more votes to tie my 25 vote mark of last week hah. pathetic yes...but my goal is to beat it.

We have to start our goals somewhere! I broke 30 last week AND was in the hotness for a bit. That was pretty great for me.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

darthv8r

Josephus

Thanks, v8r

Vote like it's Friday!

kalyha

OK, I revised w/my own lion

Where do I find the t-shirts to put it on?
Now is it too late?
Is my lion too uncool now?

v8r-some of your questions didn't show up when I was on earlier, so, the original was done on photoshop, the new lion was drawn in publisher then moved to photoshop.
the font is "Japanese Brush"

jbedwar1

wooohoo... thanks everyone

Josephus

kalyha wrote:OK, I revised w/my own lion

Where do I find the t-shirts to put it on?
Now is it too late?
Is my lion too uncool now?

v8r-some of your questions didn't show up when I was on earlier, so, the original was done on photoshop, the new lion was drawn in publisher then moved to photoshop.
the font is "Japanese Brush"

look for a post from that guy Jack
somehting or other. He made a shirt template for photoshop. the woot photoshop template is HUGE, but you can get it from the submission page, in the "huh" or "what" link next to the Tshirt comp selection box.

Josephus

I like the new lion better than the old one.

and my raptors shirt is in the hotness!
It just needs about 500 votes in the next day and half, and I can get it printed!

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:I like the new lion better than the old one.

and my raptors shirt is in the hotness!
It just needs about 500 votes in the next day and half, and I can get it printed!

Well I voted with v8r, but I will let Orc know.

kalyha

Josephus wrote:I like the new lion better than the old one.

Thanks!

woot's comp file has pretty much crashed my photoshop. (The hamsters are running as fast as they can to get that file up)

If any one can find Jack's shirt comps (I looked, but didn't find them) please let me know.

Thanks all!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

It seems like you better get your shirt up in the first day or so because so many people just vote for the top four, whether they're any good or not. There's a lot of shirts I like a lot better than the ones in the fog.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:It seems like you better get your shirt up in the first day or so because so many people just vote for the top four, whether they're any good or not. There's a lot of shirts I like a lot better than the ones in the fog.

I agree with you generally speaking.. . what's in the fog.... maybe I will go look.