stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
jbedwar1 wrote:I need all the help i can get on votes.... Please click my sig and vote for my ugly shirt.

sure, you got my vote. Us bottom feeders gotta help each other!

Ah, durn. My replying kicked my plea to the last page. Here is my plea again:

any votes for fiddling in rome or grassy knoll tours (if not too put off by it) would be appreciated. The compression defects are just me not cluing in. The large print files are obviously better quality. I did not realize they resized the 600 x 600 to exactly that size. I thought it just had to be smaller than 600 x 600. Ah, well. Learn something new every day.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
stlwooter wrote:any votes for fiddling in rome or grassy knoll tours (if not too put off by it) would be appreciated. The compression defects are just me not cluing in. The large print files are obviously better quality. I did not realize they resized the 600 x 600 to exactly that size. I thought it just had to be smaller than 600 x 600. Ah, well. Learn something new every day.

OK, I wouldn't buy the grassy knoll one, but I'll vote for it.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

Thanks..i returned the favor to both of you.

stlwooter

Josephus wrote:OK, I wouldn't buy the grassy knoll one, but I'll vote for it.

thanks. I wouldn't either, but I bet a lot of people would use time travel just to go be onlookers at famous disasters and assassinations. There was a bit of commentary in that shirt, but it was not obvious.

Josephus

stlwooter wrote:thanks. I wouldn't either, but I bet a lot of people would use time travel just to go be onlookers at famous disasters and assassinations. There was a bit of commentary in that shirt, but it was not obvious.

thanks, y'all. I just got 7 votes!

edit: I actually thought about doing a grassy knoll one with a humongous crowd of thousands and thousands of time travelers filling the streets of Dallas. I can't figure out what to do with it though, how to make it obvious who they are.

edit 2:
when you make your images to submit, it works best to submit them exactly the sizes they want- 240x240 and 600x600. Also, and this is pretty critical, Do NOT use ANY compression when you save the jpg.
woot will compress the jpgs, so if you start out with even a little bit, the image will go all to hell after they hammer it too. Highest quality, that's what you need.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Okay, Joe, color me stupid, but I don't get the New Amsterdam shirt. 'splain, please.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

stlwooter

Josephus wrote:thanks, y'all. I just got 7 votes!

edit: I actually thought about doing a grassy knoll one with a humongous crowd of thousands and thousands of time travelers filling the streets of Dallas. I can't figure out what to do with it though, how to make it obvious who they are.

edit 2:
when you make your images to submit, it works best to submit them exactly the sizes they want- 240x240 and 600x600. Also, and this is pretty critical, Do NOT use ANY compression when you save the jpg.
woot will compress the jpgs, so if you start out with even a little bit, the image will go all to hell after they hammer it too. Highest quality, that's what you need.

Thanks, I figured that out as I did many versions of the rome fiddling one. I also learned how to read competition directions. Fancy that!

stlwooter

pooflady wrote:Okay, Joe, color me stupid, but I don't get the New Amsterdam shirt. 'splain, please.

does it have to do with first slave auction?

stlwooter

Josephus wrote:thanks, y'all. I just got 7 votes!

edit 2:

and you are top of the new hotness!

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Ugh, now I remember why I stopped reading the derby threads. I shall stick with you fine people here back at EBW/Dodgeball/Contest threads from now on.

stlwooter

JoeDeeDee wrote:Ugh, now I remember why I stopped reading the derby threads. I shall stick with you fine people here back at EBW/Dodgeball/Contest threads from now on.

They seemed pretty stuck on rules and such. Ah well, I hope I didn't bend any noses too far.

pooflady

Everyone that comes back here from the Derby thread acts like they've been bushwhacked. Do they ever say anything nice about anyone?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

stlwooter

pooflady wrote:Everyone that comes back here from the Derby thread acts like they've been bushwhacked. Do they ever say anything nice about anyone?

they are analyzing which shirts actually are souvenirs of time travel. quite taken with themselves.

stlwooter

OK, I know my Rome shirt is absolutely bad, but it is better than the grassy knoll. Please pump it up past 11. Please. Please. Please.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee
stlwooter wrote:OK, I know my Rome shirt is absolutely bad, but it is better than the grassy knoll. Please pump it up past 11. Please. Please. Please.

I voted for it...I'll go switch to the other accounts and do it again! (Of course, my shirt was even lower than that the last time I checked, so anyone wants to help mine out would be doing me a favor too ;-) (Click my sig.)

pooflady

stlwooter wrote:OK, I know my Rome shirt is absolutely bad, but it is better than the grassy knoll. Please pump it up past 11. Please. Please. Please.

I've voted for every shirt that's been posted here. But I only have one account.

stlwooter

JoeDeeDee wrote:I voted for it...I'll go switch to the other accounts and do it again! (Of course, my shirt was even lower than that the last time I checked, so anyone wants to help mine out would be doing me a favor too ;-) (Click my sig.)

done

stlwooter

pooflady wrote:I've voted for every shirt that's been posted here. But I only have one account.

wow, I never thought of that.

I did have another account once. I don't even remember what it was.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Okay, Joe, color me stupid, but I don't get the New Amsterdam shirt. 'splain, please.

Woot rejected every shirt with a heart and a city, and explained that NY sues anyone who tries to use the logo I heart ___.
So, I made one with a stomach instead of a heart. and I made it New Amsterdam instead of NY because NY originally WAS New Amsterdam.

doubtless this is why it is no longer in the fog and not getting any more votes.
<shrug>

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Everyone that comes back here from the Derby thread acts like they've been bushwhacked. Do they ever say anything nice about anyone?

Oh sure. But only the chosen few.

jbedwar1

stlwooter wrote:wow, I never thought of that.

I did have another account once. I don't even remember what it was.

If i had created a new account for every woot item i have bought...i coulda racked up on some votes myself heh.

jbedwar1

damn, we got shoved down the page. Nobody likes us

stlwooter

jbedwar1 wrote:damn, we got shoved down the page. Nobody likes us

I don't take it too personally. I know my art is not good and my ideas do not appeal to the woot shirt voting crowd. I just like making the images. you got my vote, though.

jbedwar1

stlwooter wrote:I don't take it too personally. I know my art is not good and my ideas do not appeal to the woot shirt voting crowd. I just like making the images. you got my vote, though.

I agree...it's fun just to have one out there.

Josephus

I know its too late, but I've posted nine entries now. Essentially got no votes, really.

stlwooter

Josephus wrote:I know its too late, but I've posted nine entries now. Essentially got no votes, really.

found it and voted for it. Put links for the others, and I'll vote for those, too.

pooflady

Just click on the picture.

stlwooter

pooflady wrote:Just click on the picture.

all of his entries. I got the pandas

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

"Gas From the Past"
I'm back...and I need help for my addiction.

stlwooter

shan24 wrote:
"Gas From the Past"
I'm back...and I need help for my addiction.

you got it

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
stlwooter wrote:you got it

Don't encourage me by voting! ha ha j/k...I went back and voted for the ones in this thread I didn't get to yet. Thanks!

stlwooter

shan24 wrote:Don't encourage me by voting! ha ha j/k...I went back and voted for the ones in this thread I didn't get to yet. Thanks!

No prob. I love to encourage all types of behavior.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril

I'd love some votes on my shirts. Seems Pigs Fly and Soviet Future actually have a chance in this Derby...after my first two failures. And it looks like Tank Man isn't clever enough to move much more than it already has.

This was my first foray into the Derby and I am quite taken with the experience

jbedwar1

Tegeril wrote:I'd love some votes on my shirts. Seems Pigs Fly and Soviet Future actually have a chance in this Derby...after my first two failures. And it looks like Tank Man isn't clever enough to move much more than it already has.

This was my first foray into the Derby and I am quite taken with the experience

I like the pig shirt ..and will vote for it ... but i'm affraid it might get rejected for lack of Souvenir. But hopefully i'm wrong.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
jbedwar1 wrote:I like the pig shirt ..and will vote for it ... but i'm affraid it might get rejected for lack of Souvenir. But hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm hoping it's ok on an "obscure souvenir" basis. In that I saw pigs fly and brought this back to show everyone. Who knows if the Woot gods will agree, but the time machine tomorrow one is still up. I think if I had written anymore on it to more blatantly say "souvenir" that it would have lost its charm.

Thank you for the vote =) Dynoway +1

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
no1 wrote: but I have to wonder what inspired Mr. Orc to think of the "Gladiators of Rome..."

Well I have always liked Greek and Roman history, but it really comes down to economics and human stupidity. If time were exploited for tourism, you would have a bunch of stupid, rich sport fans looking for entertainment. So Rome would exploit their games and sell a few shirts. (KtC thought it should be front row seating)

and I have over 30 votes, thanks everyone!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Orcrist42 wrote:Well I have always liked Greek and Roman history, but it really comes down to economics and human stupidity. If time were exploited for tourism, you would have a bunch of stupid, rich sport fans looking for entertainment. So Rome would exploit their games and sell a few shirts. (KtC thought it should be front row seating)

and I have over 30 votes, thanks everyone!

Mr Orc,
And here I thought you were thinking of constantly battling 25 other couples on your retreat.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Wow! Thanks everyone. I feel like I just did a ton of voting.

We had a good retreat.

And I got the new Dodgeball up, so when you get bored making t-shirts, head over there and make everyone laugh!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Wow! Thanks everyone. I feel like I just did a ton of voting.

We had a good retreat.

And I got the new Dodgeball up, so when you get bored making t-shirts, head over there and make everyone laugh!

Glad to hear your weekend went well!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

Poor Dr. J.