+ Add a Comment

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

I've never heard of one. But then I haven't shopped for a new house in 36 years.

Here's a houseplan with a bonus room.

And another

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:

And another

I think I said thanks on the wrong thread. Thanks here.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:

I think I said thanks on the wrong thread. Thanks here.

No, I moved it because I realized I posted it in the wrong thread. Just playing with your mind.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

daj59 wrote:No, I moved it because I realized I posted it in the wrong thread. Just playing with your mind.

Mind? I have a mind? Where?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Mind? I have a mind? Where?

In the corner where you left it.

Gnite.

FORUM MODERATOR

terrybatey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrybatey

I can't stand it when people are negative about everything. I just want to smack a smile onto their face sometimes. hmmm, wonder if their is a way to smack that leaves a smile...DAJ?

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
terrybatey wrote:I can't stand it when people are negative about everything. I just want to smack a smile onto their face sometimes. hmmm, wonder if their is a way to smack that leaves a smile...DAJ?

I can think of ....wait...I won't go there.

cruzer

daj59 wrote:

And another

I couldn't get the first link to work, but "bonus room" = "game room"

and that second house is a big freaking house.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:

I couldn't get the first link to work, but "bonus room" = "game room"

and that second house is a big freaking house.

The first one is a pdf so make sure you have Adobe Reader. Also FF sometimes chokes of pdf files.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

terrybatey wrote:I can't stand it when people are negative about everything. I just want to smack a smile onto their face sometimes. hmmm, wonder if their is a way to smack that leaves a smile...DAJ?

My son HATES it when he's in a grumpy mood and I start that silly "Don't smile. Don't smile! Uh oh! There's a smile. Ooooh no, you're gonna do it. You're gonna smile."

He always breaks out in a smile and then is realy ticked at me.

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

daj59 wrote:

The first one is a pdf so make sure you have Adobe Reader. Also FF sometimes chokes of pdf files.

]

yeah, I know its a pdf document.

heck, I'm currently making a PDF document with java code.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:]

yeah, I know its a pdf document.

heck, I'm currently making a PDF document with java code.

Soooooooooorry. I'm used to giving Poofed instructions.

The first one works for me though.

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

daj59 wrote:
Soooooooooorry. I'm used to giving Poofed instructions.

The first one works for me though.

yeah...it is just another label for a game room.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:

yeah...it is just another label for a game room.

Yep. They call them bonus rooms because it will appeal to more people.

FORUM MODERATOR

bluebledthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluebledthesea
daj59 wrote:

That's what happened to me. Locked it right up.

cruzer

bluebledthesea wrote:

That's what happened to me. Locked it right up.

it does the same for me on IE AND FF. You just have to wait it out because adobe sucks

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie
daj59 wrote:
My son HATES it when he's in a grumpy mood and I start that silly "Don't smile. Don't smile! Uh oh! There's a smile. Ooooh no, you're gonna do it. You're gonna smile."

He always breaks out in a smile and then is realy ticked at me.

Your funny daj, even when smacking people you can help others smile. Good work!

I don't like anal customers, do you think your analness will get you any further? Not if I am helping you, the bad attitude makes it difficult to get anything done.

terrybatey

I really hate that I was going to relax tonight and now I have to clean house to show it tomorrow.

jooorb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jooorb

I hate Satan.

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha

I hate trying to make plans involving the teenagers. I am not allowed to set down any parameters because I am [i]just[i] the step-mom.
I can't get annoyed at the kids, because it does no good & alienates the relationship. If I get annoyed at the husband he becomes condescending & still doesn't do anything. "They are teenagers, what do you expect." or he'll tell me I'm right, but still not do anything.
Really, I am trying to make things work and make people happy, but I joined this game WAY too late.
It's a good thing I love my husband and his kids, because they all make me nuts.

thank you for this opportunity to silently vent.

LKK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LKK

I really don't like that the monkey prize winners got a regular old black-caped monkey. Nothing special, just like the 10,000 that they sold.

pooflady

LKK wrote:I really don't like that the monkey prize winners got a regular old black-caped monkey. Nothing special, just like the 10,000 that they sold.

You're right, the monkey prizes for the contest should be completely different. You shouldn't be able to buy one like it.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:

You're right, the monkey prizes for the contest should be completely different. You shouldn't be able to buy one like it.

I gave an easy solution in the contest thread. Maybe we need to start another Monkey thread
All woot has to do is print up different capes and mail them out to people with the monkey prize monkeys.
You can order one of something printed now, it can't be that hard.

We can do it for ARGH!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

I really dislike hypocrites.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite

Sounds I hate:
A phone call getting answered by a fax machine.
A shopping cart with a bad wheel.
Cars with subwoofers that send you into cardiac arrhythmia while f bomb lyrics assault you and your kids.
A parent publicly yelling at a kid who doesn't deserve it.
A base hit from an aluminum baseball bat.

ThunderThighs

Staff

NeoLuddite wrote:Sounds I hate:
A phone call getting answered by a fax machine.
A shopping cart with a bad wheel.
Cars with subwoofers that send you into cardiac arrhythmia while f bomb lyrics assault you and your kids.
A parent publicly yelling at a kid who doesn't deserve it.
A base hit from an aluminum baseball bat.

Squeeky brakes
Squeeky windshield wipers
The sound the dog makes right before they hurl.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I really dislike hypocrites.

Should I be worried that you posted that right after my post?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

NeoLuddite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeoLuddite
daj59 wrote:
Squeeky brakes
Squeeky windshield wipers
The sound the dog makes right before they hurl.

There was some recent survey that said the worst noise, far beyond stuff like nails on a chalkboard, was the sound of someone puking.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
NeoLuddite wrote:
There was some recent survey that said the worst noise, far beyond stuff like nails on a chalkboard, was the sound of someone puking.

I get the dry heaves just from hearing that sound . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

NeoLuddite wrote:

My thoughts on the heaving sound a dog makes prior to the big event is that it means that I'm going to have to do some clean-up, probably involving carpet. It would be too easy for them to do it on the tile. No, they have to make sure and get over the nice absorbent carpet.

FORUM MODERATOR

terrybatey

daj59 wrote:
My thoughts on the heaving sound a dog makes prior to the big event is that it means that I'm going to have to do some clean-up, probably involving carpet. It would be too easy for them to do it on the tile. No, they have to make sure and get over the nice absorbent carpet.

Yuck, not a good topic when breakfast just went down. Double Yuck

terrybatey

I really hate the fact that I didn't pay attention when my home was built...husband and builder did all. I just decorated once it was built. I felt like an idiot that I couldn't explain all the solar crap here, the windmill system, roof tiles, solar water heaters and all yesterday. I stumbled and said it's the sun and the wind. duh, think he already new that.... I haven't a clue how it works just know that I sometimes we pay a little for electric and other times the Electric Co. pays me. I hate the fact that I don't take time to learn about things that I should.

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie

People who think they are important enough and demand special treatment always gets them where they are going a lot slower than if they were nice. There are a few people that come into my work like this and we always talk smack about them over Instant Messages since we can. We don't like helping them.

ahrjones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahrjones
peglegwookie wrote:People who think they are important enough and demand special treatment always gets them where they are going a lot slower than if they were nice. There are a few people that come into my work like this and we always talk smack about them over Instant Messages since we can. We don't like helping them.

I hate when people are jerks. I try not to be a jerk, or at least to apologize when I hear myself acting like one.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ahrjones wrote:
I hate when people are jerks. I try not to be a jerk, or at least to apologize when I hear myself acting like one.

Here's something fun to do at the mall at Christmas.... Carry candy canes and give them to each of the clerks you interact with. It's fun to watch their expression. Did this with son one year. He even handed one out the window to the policeman directing traffic. The ones that are jerks are really taken aback.

FORUM MODERATOR

ahrjones

daj59 wrote:Here's something fun to do at the mall at Christmas.... Carry candy canes and give them to each of the clerks you interact with. It's fun to watch their expression. Did this with son one year. He even handed one out the window to the policeman directing traffic. The ones that are jerks are really taken aback.

Nice.
I hate that I can't be here as often as I want to be. I have all this other stuff going on right now...

pooflady

ahrjones wrote:
Nice.
I hate that I can't be here as often as I want to be. I have all this other stuff going on right now...

Gasp! There's someone among us who has a life!

ahrjones

pooflady wrote:

Gasp! There's someone among us who has a life!

It's those kids. And even though I'm old, I still insist on attempting to play soccer (code for excuse to go out for dinner with people I would never otherwise see + a little exercise).

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
daj59 wrote:Here's something fun to do at the mall at Christmas.... Carry candy canes and give them to each of the clerks you interact with. It's fun to watch their expression. Did this with son one year. He even handed one out the window to the policeman directing traffic. The ones that are jerks are really taken aback.

Great idea!!
I rarely have clerks who are jerks, almost never.
But what a great idea to give a little surprise to someone who has a stressful job!!

pooflady

ahrjones wrote:
It's those kids. And even though I'm old, I still insist on attempting to play soccer (code for excuse to go out for dinner with people I would never otherwise see + a little exercise).

Sounds like a good twofer.