dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
jqubed wrote:Ok people, what the heck? I know others are up and active since my last post last night. No good mornings?



Good morning.!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I'll go as far as morning, that's about it. Slept lousy, wrist started hurting tis morning, and Keurig was playin games.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:How are your hospital people?



warning: lots of grips about old folks..
Short answer: Doing ok for now.

Read if you are bored:

They cleaned the wound and I think they are doing a skin graft soon. This was all about trying to do a skin graft so they didn't have to amputate the foot.

The problem is, this hospital is a real pia to get to.
With traffic, over an hour drive. With true city driving. I only go into manhattan on sundays or late at night. Weekday is a whole new ballgame. Good thing I still have my old car. I don't think it is possible to drive there if you are afraid to damage your car. The my-car-is-old-and-I'll-hit-you-if-you-don't-let-me-in stare works well.

Getting mom there and back is going to be a pia.

They may do the skin graft and send Dad home.

We are going to have to force them to move the bedrooms downstairs.
I bet if we do, they will still go up to use the upstairs bathroom.

There should have been a bedroom downstairs anyway, for guests, or when people spent the night, which happens a lot when they are sick. BUT NOOOOO!

Old people are just like toddlers, except they can stay old for years and years and you can't just pick them up and make them do what you want!

I still think my mother in law is in worse shape than Dad. She is a nervous wreck and totally unsteady on her feet. That will be the next medical thing we try to fix.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I'll go as far as morning, that's about it. Slept lousy, wrist started hurting tis morning, and Keurig was playin games.



I think you actually have to descale the Keurig or it breaks. My first one broke. This one I'm going to descale every 3 months. If this one breaks, I'm going back to the percolator . It is amazing how expensive stuff just breaks now a days. //shakes my cane at sky

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:Ok people, what the heck? I know others are up and active since my last post last night. No good mornings?



GOOD AFTERNOON!!!

How is you day?



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hot out. No sun.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dontwantaname wrote:I think you actually have to descale the Keurig or it breaks. My first one broke. This one I'm going to descale every 3 months. If this one breaks, I'm going back to the percolator . It is amazing how expensive stuff just breaks now a days. //shakes my cane at sky



Cane? You have a cane now?

Companies realized that if they make expensive stuff that lasts forever they'll only sell 1 to everyone and then the market's gone. It needs to break down every few years or they'll go out of business. That's my conspiracy theory on why mattresses only have 1 side now. Which reminds me, it's time to rotate mine.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dontwantaname wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON!!!

How is you day?



Alright so far. We tape our community affairs show on Tuesdays usually and I technical direct the show most of the time. We had a high schooler on as one of the guests and he was terrific . Gave a bunch of 1-5 word answers and felt like it took forever to finish his segment. He already had the shortest one, and it felt like we should've stolen more time from him and given it to someone who would actually talk for at least a few sentences in response to a question.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dontwantaname wrote:Hot out. No sun.



Warmer than yesterday, which actually felt a little chilly after our delightfully warm weekend even though it was still in the 50s. Still gray today, but at least it's in the 60s.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:Alright so far. We tape our community affairs show on Tuesdays usually and I technical direct the show most of the time. We had a high schooler on as one of the guests and he was terrific . Gave a bunch of 1-5 word answers and felt like it took forever to finish his segment. He already had the shortest one, and it felt like we should've stolen more time from him and given it to someone who would actually talk for at least a few sentences in response to a question.



imma sorry! i got nervous!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:I think you actually have to descale the Keurig or it breaks. My first one broke. This one I'm going to descale every 3 months. If this one breaks, I'm going back to the percolator . It is amazing how expensive stuff just breaks now a days. //shakes my cane at sky



I thought it was six months to descale. I've read where Keurig is really good about replacing. I'm not sure I could go back to the percolator now.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:I thought it was six months to descale. I've read where Keurig is really good about replacing. I'm not sure I could go back to the percolator now.



We just called for a replacement water reservoir today at work because it broke and they're sending us one for free.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

We're likely to be going back to making coffee with a manual drip.

you high tech peoples.!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dougall wrote:We're likely to be going back to making coffee with a manual drip.

you high tech peoples.!



Hey! We've been using a percolator up until now. That's a lot lower tech than a manual drip.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I can't believe Archie (comic book) is going to die. I mean....



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:Hey! We've been using a percolator up until now. That's a lot lower tech than a manual drip.



No way,

there's more physics involved in a percolator... where the boiling water goes up the pipe in the middle and out over the grounds.

All I'm doing is pouring hot water from the kettle over the grounds. the only lower tech would be adding the grounds to the kettle and then drinking very carefully


I did just make some though, if anyone wants to come over and try some, going to need more coffee in the next day or 2.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

They better hurry. I'm not sharing my cup since I hope to stay awake past 8:30 tonight.

Mind numbing day in court. Ran late, and they didn't warn us that it would until AFTER lunch, at which point there's nothing we can do to let anyone know. Highlight of the day was the iPad toting lawyer has a folder called 'FALCO'.



My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

hot72chev


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:That's the only bourbon I drink and usually buy Jim Beam.


If you can find "Eagle Rare" in your area, it's my favorite. Single barrel, very smooth, and right there in the Beam price range.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

hot72chev


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hot72chev
dontwantaname wrote:Slept late. Took Rusty for a walk.
Found some interesting stuff by the pond we walked around.
Two tiny statues of the god that looks like an elephant with lots of arms. Texted son to see if he wanted them...he did.
Also found a pretty little draw string bag (a few inches big) . Took that home too.
All Indian stuff (India). Maybe a wedding? (found some bags with names and wedding printed on it) Or some religious ceremony?
Lots of cultures need water for different ceremonies.
Found a bunch of books with pictures of the different gods. It was from a Temple in Queens. But there are lots of places with water closer to there then where I was.


Sounds like you stumbled upon (and possibly contaminated) a crime scene. Or could be I just watch too much "Law & Order".

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

hot72chev


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hot72chev
jqubed wrote:Cane? You have a cane now?

Companies realized that if they make expensive stuff that lasts forever they'll only sell 1 to everyone and then the market's gone. It needs to break down every few years or they'll go out of business. That's my conspiracy theory on why mattresses only have 1 side now. Which reminds me, it's time to rotate mine.


Do not get me started on the mattress conspiracy. I am now banned from the local mattress store for throwing a hissy fit over a piece of crap mattress they sold me last year. The mattress man is still crying... I hope.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

hot72chev


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:I can't believe Archie (comic book) is going to die. I mean....


What? No more Jughead?

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:What? No more Jughead?



Seem s jughead will live. Archie will die.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:Do not get me started on the mattress conspiracy. I am now banned from the local mattress store for throwing a hissy fit over a piece of crap mattress they sold me last year. The mattress man is still crying... I hope.



About 10 years ago we got a new mattress. So did my mom and stepdad.
two different brands. Two different stores.
Both were no good.

So we got temperpedic. 3 of them. King, twin and twin XL.
They have been great, but all 3 were different when they came. One hard, one soft and one in the middle.
WtheF? They were the same mattress.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

hot72chev


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hot72chev
dontwantaname wrote:Seem s jughead will live. Archie will die.



Oh! I thought she meant they were discontinuing the comic book series. Sorry, when I work all day without surfing the interwebz, I am totally lost when I finally get home and can check in here.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:About 10 years ago we got a new mattress. So did my mom and stepdad.
two different brands. Two different stores.
Both were no good.

So we got temperpedic. 3 of them. King, twin and twin XL.
They have been great, but all 3 were different when they came. One hard, one soft and one in the middle.



... are you a fambly of three bears?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Swell, hubby volunteered me to take mother in law into the city to the hospital.

First, I already told him I was not comfortable making that drive.

Second: that is my 60 birthday

By myself, I would take the subway. Mother in law can't do that. Too much walking and climbing steps.

Third: It is leaving Rusty longer than I leave him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
hot72chev wrote:Do not get me started on the mattress conspiracy. I am now banned from the local mattress store for throwing a hissy fit over a piece of crap mattress they sold me last year. The mattress man is still crying... I hope.



lol. I bought mine from The Original Mattress Factory and it's served me well, but my parents just bought one and can hardly enter their own room now because it has a horrible odor, and in this state all mattress sales are final.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Swell, hubby volunteered me to take mother in law into the city to the hospital.

First, I already told him I was not comfortable making that drive.

Second: that is my 60 birthday

By myself, I would take the subway. Mother in law can't do that. Too much walking and climbing steps.

Third: It is leaving Rusty longer than I leave him.



time to dump hubby.

happy birfday!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jqubed wrote:lol. I bought mine from The Original Mattress Factory and it's served me well, but my parents just bought one and can hardly enter their own room now because it has a horrible odor, and in this state all mattress sales are final.



That's where ours is from, but it's about 12 years old and we really need a new one. We don't flip as often as supposed to because it's a king and it hits the ceiling fan and is a pita.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Seem s jughead will live. Archie will die.



I just can't fathom killing him off. I mean, why? What's the point?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:time to dump hubby.

happy birfday!



I agree.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

hot72chev


quality posts: 12 Private Messages hot72chev
no1 wrote:time to dump hubby.

happy birfday!



Birfday trumps in-laws.

You win.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:Birfday trumps in-laws.

You win.



First hubby volunteered to hire a car service.
This is going to cost a fortune if we need to go every day. The parking garage for the hospital is expensive. I bet it is full durning the week.

I don't like the car service idea any more than the driving idea.

Maybe hubby will take a half day off and do it.
The other two brothers have volunteered to take time off and drive.

I'm going to have to do it, if we need to go often.
This doctor is one of the best.
Maybe we can go someplace local for the day to day (bandage change) and back to the city for the hard stuff.

I wonder if the hospital is anywhere near the Cloisters? They are up there somewhere.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I just can't fathom killing him off. I mean, why? What's the point?



CNN: Can you explain the "Life With Archie" series for the uninitiated?

Goldwater: "Life With Archie" is Archie's future -- it gives readers a look into what his life would be like after high school and college, which has never really been explored. Most fans are familiar with Archie as a high schooler, hanging out at Pop's Chocklit Shop with his friends. "Life With Archie" shows what happens when Archie becomes an adult and starts dealing with grownup issues.
Each issue is normally split into two storylines -- one telling a tale of Archie married to Veronica another with him ending up with Betty. The final issue, however, will show readers Archie's final fate in both timelines -- and they're the same.

CNN: Why kill Archie?

Goldwater: I think it's the natural conclusion to the "Life With Archie" series.
Archie dies as he lived -- heroically. He dies saving the life of a friend, and does it in his usual selfless way. Archie has always been a representation of us -- the best of us. Our strengths and our faults.
Writer Paul Kupperberg, with input from myself, has crafted an emotional, impactful and classic story that I know will survive the test of time. This isn't a random one-off or "what-if" story that we're doing as a gag. This is the story that we mapped out carefully and with much thought. This is the death of Archie as we see it, and we're treating it with that same level of gravitas and import. It's a once-in-a-lifetime event, and we are being very considerate about it.

CNN: What are you hoping to accomplish with this storyline?

Goldwater: First and foremost, like with anything we do at Archie, we want to tell a great, memorable story. That being said, this story in particular is of the utmost importance to us as a company and as a keeper of the Archie brand.
We want to not only show how Archie's life ends, but also what he means to the world around him. We want to celebrate his life. After the events of "Life With Archie" #36, fans will leap forward a year to see the aftermath, and how his friends have moved on since his surprising death.
What's Jughead doing? How are Betty and Veronica dealing with the loss? It's not about the attention-grab of the death but about telling a great, evocative story that reminds people why this character is important to the fabric of pop culture -- and showing how heroic a normal guy like Archie can be, and how important it is to realize that.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Maybe we can go someplace local for the day to day (bandage change) and back to the city for the hard stuff.



surely there is someplace local to do whatever needs to be done.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

It's a once-in-a-lifetime event,

Uh, yeah, death usually is.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:First hubby volunteered to hire a car service.
This is going to cost a fortune if we need to go every day. The parking garage for the hospital is expensive. I bet it is full durning the week.

I don't like the car service idea any more than the driving idea.

Maybe hubby will take a half day off and do it.
The other two brothers have volunteered to take time off and drive.

I'm going to have to do it, if we need to go often.
This doctor is one of the best.
Maybe we can go someplace local for the day to day (bandage change) and back to the city for the hard stuff.

I wonder if the hospital is anywhere near the Cloisters? They are up there somewhere.



I didn't think hubby could take off this time of year. At least for another week.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I didn't think hubby could take off this time of year. At least for another week.



His busy season ends in march. Corporate must have different dates.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:His busy season ends in march. Corporate must have different dates.



Then, hell, yes, he needs to take off work and do it.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

Good Morning Sunshines.!