no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:it is a large city, but nowhere near as crowded as Tokyo.

from wikipedia:

As of April 1, 2014, the city had an estimated population of 963,267 and a total area of 489.60 km². The average population density is thus 1,967 persons per km².

The 1986 family movie Koneko Monogatari was filmed here. The English version of the film, which is the story of the friendship of a kitten and a pug dog, was released in America in 1989 as The Adventures of Milo and Otis.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:from wikipedia:

As of April 1, 2014, the city had an estimated population of 963,267 and a total area of 489.60 km². The average population density is thus 1,967 persons per km².

The 1986 family movie Koneko Monogatari was filmed here. The English version of the film, which is the story of the friendship of a kitten and a pug dog, was released in America in 1989 as The Adventures of Milo and Otis.

fascinating

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

"competitive eater" yuka kinoshita was born there. "Kinoshita uploads daily videos in which she eats anywhere between 5000 and 23,000 calorie meals."

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell
KtCallista wrote:Hey all. I'm sitting at a testing center waiting for Ver2 to finish her state testing, I'm supposed to be working remotely, but I am in a pretty bad place mentally and can't bring myself to do it.

Every time I think I'm adjusting to here, something cultural comes up and smacks me in the face and everyone wants to know why I can't get over it.

it's been a rough couple weeks for me, too. hope things improve for you

mbspell

no1 wrote:"competitive eater" yuka kinoshita was born there. "Kinoshita uploads daily videos in which she eats anywhere between 5000 and 23,000 calorie meals."

you are a fountain of interesting tidbits, no1, thanks!

pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:you are a fountain of interesting tidbits, no1, thanks!

Has anyone ever called you a fountain before?

So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev
no1 wrote:...The Adventures of Milo and Otis.

Well, I'm impressed!

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

no1 wrote:https://www.yelp.com/biz/shit-fountain-chicago

That was really interesting.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
mbspell wrote:it's been a rough couple weeks for me, too. hope things improve for you

Thanks, I'm sure they will. They usually do.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Things are slow in the PWA. Elsewhere in woot too.

Got to the high 80s today but it cooled off with some rain. Stayed stuffy inside. I'm not ready to put the A/Cs in yet. A fan will have to suffice.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Things are slow in the PWA. Elsewhere in woot too.

Got to the high 80s today but it cooled off with some rain. Stayed stuffy inside. I'm not ready to put the A/Cs in yet. A fan will have to suffice.

We turned the AC on a couple days ago. We like to turn it off at night if it's cool enough, but although it's cool the humidity is way high. We've been in the upper 80s and the dew point in the mid to upper 60s. We keep the bedroom ceiling fan on at night.

mbspell

today is supposed to be 85 but then by 11 pm it's supposed to be 50. last night it was still 90 after 9 pm. strange weather.

going to see the new Alien movie tonight. kids went last night and the Alien fan liked it a lot, other 2 were underwhelmed.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 11 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:We turned the AC on a couple days ago. We like to turn it off at night if it's cool enough, but although it's cool the humidity is way high. We've been in the upper 80s and the dew point in the mid to upper 60s. We keep the bedroom ceiling fan on at night.

Ours is central air, it goes on automatically and has been off and on since last month! The other day it was 91. Geez its only May. We have ceiling fans in each room upstairs that stay on all year. Downstairs we use standing fans.

x9

This space for rent.

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev
marlenestclair wrote:Ours is central air, it goes on automatically and has been off and on since last month! The other day it was 91. Geez its only May. We have ceiling fans in each room upstairs that stay on all year. Downstairs we use standing fans.

Yep, our central air has been on since April also. Love my ceiling fans. Welcome to Spring in VA!

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 11 Private Messages marlenestclair
hot72chev wrote:Yep, our central air has been on since April also. Love my ceiling fans. Welcome to Spring in VA!

We are slowly turning into Florida I think.

x9

This space for rent.

pooflady

The central air is on, even though right now it's not all that hot, but it's really, really humid, so the AC takes care of that. Then the ceiling fans handle the stuffiness. Only have the fans on in the rooms I'm likely to be in. Right now, the kitchen and office. I keep reading that they don't make it cooler unless they're blowing on you.

pooflady

Went with husband this morning, he had an MRI scheduled for 7:45. Got there and discovered he screwed up, it's tomorrow. Two good things: they gave us the paperwork so I see no reason for me to go tomorrow (he panics with the medical paperwork) and, number two, THE RED LIGHT WAS ON AT KRISPY-CREME SO THE CAR TURNED THERE!!!