hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev
mbspell wrote:congrats on the no smoking!!

think I caught son's cold. oldest graduates on Fri. going to be a busy week, and a bad time to get sick.

son made it though his AP exam and his SATs this morning. I think he's on the upswing. except for the rash he's developed. we're a mess around here!

What is up with your family? Could you be allergic to something? Did you change detergent?

Congrats on the graduation...lots of local college graduations going on today.

HAPPY KENTUCKY DERBY DAY!

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 12 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:Congratulations to you! Bet you never thought it was possible. Just that it smells bad, doesn't make me want one. Still occasionally want one when I get in the car or even when I see someone else smoking while driving. And that surprises me.

I have dreams of myself smoking...one in each hand! I wake up struggling to breathe until I realize it was just a dream. Sometimes I think about it if I have a cup of coffee after dinner.....

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

moles1138 wrote:Congrats poof and marlene. I've got a friend who posted today was her 35th day. Gotta be tough on her. But I think she learned something when she lost a lot of weight.

Tell your friend to keep it up! I walked around with a pen or straw in my hand and ate lifesavers to get me through. My doctor said from xrays and listening to my lungs its like I never smoked at all, and I smoked for 19 years. A good site that helped me was www.quitsmokingsupport.com its good to read and post when you are having struggles with cigs.

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell
hot72chev wrote:What is up with your family? Could you be allergic to something? Did you change detergent?

Congrats on the graduation...lots of local college graduations going on today.

HAPPY KENTUCKY DERBY DAY!

his rash is on his face and chest, red but not itchy. I wonder if it's part of the virus. or it could be a reaction to the medication I gave him last night (new brand)

pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:his rash is on his face and chest, red but not itchy. I wonder if it's part of the virus. or it could be a reaction to the medication I gave him last night (new brand)

The medication sounds more likely.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:The medication sounds more likely.

Yes, and its probably not the effective part of the medicine, its probably one of the "fillers".

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

I agree, I think it was the medication. his rash has almost entirely cleared up.

thanks for the input.

pooflady

Just watched a mother (or older sister) and little girl walking their
dog. Fairly good-sized dog. The dog pooped in the yard across the street. The older person made the little girl go knock on the door and ask for a plastic bag to clean it up.

I'm torn. At least they cleaned it up, but to me that took an awful lot of nerve to ask for the bag instead on bringing one themselves.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Just watched a mother (or older sister) and little girl walking their
dog. Fairly good-sized dog. The dog pooped in the yard across the street. The older person made the little girl go knock on the door and ask for a plastic bag to clean it up.

I'm torn. At least they cleaned it up, but to me that took an awful lot of nerve to ask for the bag instead on bringing one themselves.

i can't tell you how many times i've pooped on a neighbor's lawn and forgot to bring my own bag.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:his rash has almost entirely cleared up.

... that you, mom?

mbspell

no1 wrote:... that you, mom?

uh, I am not sure how to answer this...

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:uh, I am not sure how to answer this...

Just walk away whistling.....

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Just watched a mother (or older sister) and little girl walking their

Agreed, and why did the little girl have to do it....people are so entertaining sometimes.

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Just walk away whistling.....

walking away...

pooflady

I'm pretty impressed with that 10 year old girl who stuck her fingers up the alligator's nose so he had to open his mouth and let go of her leg.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:I'm pretty impressed with that 10 year old girl who stuck her fingers up the alligator's nose so he had to open his mouth and let go of her leg.

I heard about the story and wondered what she did. thanks for saving me from googling it!

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:I'm pretty impressed with that 10 year old girl who stuck her fingers up the alligator's nose so he had to open his mouth and let go of her leg.

I've also heard that if a shark is attacking you to punch it in the nose and poke it in the eye and it will stop. But I don't want to be the one to prove that. Plus I am not a great swimmer.

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:I've also heard that if a shark is attacking you to punch it in the nose and poke it in the eye and it will stop. But I don't want to be the one to prove that. Plus I am not a great swimmer.

This was in only two feet of water.

pooflady

One of my windows has a very large splatter of bird poop on it. Considering the window is close to two inches inside a screen, the damn bird had to be upside down on the screen and really let loose.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:This was in only two feet of water.

Yeah it kinda sounded too good to be true.

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:One of my windows has a very large splatter of bird poop on it. Considering the window is close to two inches inside a screen, the damn bird had to be upside down on the screen and really let loose.

Poof did you forget to fill the bird feeders again?? I once had a bird that would peck on my window if the feeders ran dry....animals are funny.

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:Poof did you forget to fill the bird feeders again?? I once had a bird that would peck on my window if the feeders ran dry....animals are funny.

Believe me, he'd been eating well.

mbspell

oldest son graduates tomorrow!!

we are heading out to western MA this afternoon to see the graduation (well UMass is so big the kids don't actually walk and get their diplomas so we will do some ceremonies and skip others) and then move all his junk back home.

should be interesting watching him sort it all before he moves to Japan. (please, please let him sort it all and not leave it all for me)

super proud of him for all his hard work. he's getting degrees in Japanese and Communication from the Honors College.

will try to post a pic here of me and the graduate. or would that take away too much of the mystery?

pooflady

mbspell wrote:oldest son graduates tomorrow!!

we are heading out to western MA this afternoon to see the graduation (well UMass is so big the kids don't actually walk and get their diplomas so we will do some ceremonies and skip others) and then move all his junk back home.

should be interesting watching him sort it all before he moves to Japan. (please, please let him sort it all and not leave it all for me)

super proud of him for all his hard work. he's getting degrees in Japanese and Communication from the Honors College.

will try to post a pic here of me and the graduate. or would that take away too much of the mystery?

Congratulations, that took some good parenting.

pooflady

Just saw Guardians, Vol. 2, pretty funny.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Just saw Guardians, Vol. 2, pretty funny.

Agree. We really liked it.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Congratulations, that took some good parenting.

Agreed! I swore to my two that if it took my last dying breath, I would raise them to be good people and have good jobs.
I did it, I can die happy.

x10

This space for rent.

miniaturepeddler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages miniaturepeddler

Hope everyone has a good weekend and get to spend time with all those wonderful 'mothers' in the family, whether it is your mom, your grandmom, your sister, your niece or your own child!!

hot72chev

miniaturepeddler wrote:Hope everyone has a good weekend and get to spend time with all those wonderful 'mothers' in the family, whether it is your mom, your grandmom, your sister, your niece or your own child!!

Thanks, mini! (May I call you mini?)

I am not a mother, but I have a wonderful mother whom I treasure.

Let's not forget those who are "like a mother" to us. So many wonderful ladies to be thankful for!

x9

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
hot72chev wrote:Thanks, mini! (May I call you mini?)

I am not a mother, but I have a wonderful mother whom I treasure.

Let's not forget those who are "like a mother" to us. So many wonderful ladies to be thankful for!

I've been called a mother

hot72chev

moles1138 wrote:I've been called a mother

//snicker//

Is that pronounced "mutha"?

x9

marlenestclair

moles1138 wrote:I've been called a mother

Mother what? hehehe

Welcome to the fun Mini!

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

hot72chev

Ditto, Poof! Hope everyone had a great day!

x9

mbspell

son is now a college graduate! woo! 1 down, 2 to go.

also, he found out where in Japan he will be. Kitakyushu. here is a map, cause no one knows where that is. (the map does not show it, but there are island(s) to the south of his island)

he is not looking forward to the humidity but he is glad to be working/living in a large city and not the boonies.

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:son is now a college graduate! woo! 1 down, 2 to go.

also, he found out where in Japan he will be. Kitakyushu.
he is not looking forward to the humidity but he is glad to be working/living in a large city and not the boonies.

Mb, is it like Tokyo? Really crowded? Was it easy for him to find a place to live?

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:son is now a college graduate! woo! 1 down, 2 to go.

also, he found out where in Japan he will be. Kitakyushu. here is a map, cause no one knows where that is. (the map does not show it, but there are island(s) to the south of his island)

Congratulations! How big is Kitakyushu?

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Mb, is it like Tokyo? Really crowded? Was it easy for him to find a place to live?

it is a large city, but nowhere near as crowded as Tokyo.

with the JET program, they set you up in an apartment (generally you move into the apartment of the person you are replacing). I think the apartment is furnished & includes some basics like pots, pans, dishes, etc.

before today I never heard of this city, so I will give you more info as we get it.

avg temp is 90 in summer and 40 in winter. humidity is very high in the summer, and they get a lot of rain. it is on the coast.

he will get the contact info for the person he is replacing at the end of this month. once he contacts them he will get more info, too.

so exciting! and a friend from UMass, who was in Japan when he was, is doing JET, too and she was assigned about an hour away from him.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:it is a large city, but nowhere near as crowded as Tokyo.

with the JET program, they set you up in an apartment (generally you move into the apartment of the person you are replacing). I think the apartment is furnished & includes some basics like pots, pans, dishes, etc.

before today I never heard of this city, so I will give you more info as we get it.

avg temp is 90 in summer and 40 in winter. humidity is very high in the summer, and they get a lot of rain. it is on the coast.

he will get the contact info for the person he is replacing at the end of this month. once he contacts them he will get more info, too.

so exciting! and a friend from UMass, who was in Japan when he was, is doing JET, too and she was assigned about an hour away from him.

Always nice to have someone you know nearby.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hey all. I'm sitting at a testing center waiting for Ver2 to finish her state testing, I'm supposed to be working remotely, but I am in a pretty bad place mentally and can't bring myself to do it.

Every time I think I'm adjusting to here, something cultural comes up and smacks me in the face and everyone wants to know why I can't get over it.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.