kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:It was mentioned on Twitter by those who will not be named. It's now sold out. I'm not sure if I'm really stupid or if this is going to be fun.

I really need to start using twitter. I'm not a very good tweeter

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:I really need to start using twitter. I'm not a very good tweeter

You can start an account and just follow people without saying anything.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
dontwantaname wrote:You can start an account and just follow people without saying anything.

I have one, and have had it for a while. I just never open twitter. lol

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:I have one, and have had it for a while. I just never open twitter. lol

I rarely tweet, but I lurk.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I rarely tweet, but I lurk.

Lurker!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Lurker!

Okay, Pot. I don't see much from you there. Signed, Kettle.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:Is anyone doing the 12 Days of Holiday Bu-ll-sh-it?

Boy, killed the thread. Sorry.

Frack, does that men I have to follow twitter now too?

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Frack, does that men I have to follow twitter now too?

Why aren't you on twitter?

There seems to be something new. I don't remember what it is called.
I'm doomed.

But you are still young!

Where are the pictures? Of anything.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Okay, Pot. I don't see much from you there. Signed, Kettle.

Without Gman, there is nobody to annoy with dumb posts.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

//sigh

Verizon sent me a text over an hour ago, saying a technician has been dispatched.

So where is said tech?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Verizon has arrived. A woman. Rusty smelled her and decided she was ok. Good. First black woman for Rusty. He has met guys of every race.
Growled a little at the first black guy son had over, but only the first time.

It is their problem. Don't need to come into the house.

Lawn service didn't come, so I raked leaves on one side of the house.
Still a few trees with leaves, so not going nuts. Besides we pay the lawn service to do it. They all stop coming every week in the fall. Then they come for the fall cleanup.

Beautiful day out. Warm. Sunny.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Without Gman, there is nobody to annoy with dumb posts.

We were talking about Twitter and he wasn't there.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Verizon has arrived. A woman. Rusty smelled her and decided she was ok. Good. First black woman for Rusty. He has met guys of every race.
Growled a little at the first black guy son had over, but only the first time.

It is their problem. Don't need to come into the house.

Lawn service didn't come, so I raked leaves on one side of the house.
Still a few trees with leaves, so not going nuts. Besides we pay the lawn service to do it. They all stop coming every week in the fall. Then they come for the fall cleanup.

Beautiful day out. Warm. Sunny.

Had some rain this morning. Been dreary all day. Supposed to get nasty tomorrow afternoon, possible tornadoes.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Had some rain this morning. Been dreary all day. Supposed to get nasty tomorrow afternoon, possible tornadoes.

Do you have a basement?
I always wonder what you were suppose to do with the basement after the house falls on it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Do you have a basement?
I always wonder what you were suppose to do with the basement after the house falls on it.

Yep, got a basement. From what I've seen, the house doesn't fall in the basement, it just gets blown apart. And then the basement is there to rebuild on.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yep, got a basement. From what I've seen, the house doesn't fall in the basement, it just gets blown apart. And then the basement is there to rebuild on.

That isn't bad. All you need to do is finish the basement and stay down there.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:That isn't bad. All you need to do is finish the basement and stay down there.

Although there's running water and heat, no bathroom facilities.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Although there's running water and heat, no bathroom facilities.

Put one in.

I'm watching the JFK special.
I saw it as a 9 year old.
Saw Oswall killed live on tv.
Mostly remember some lady yelling at me for riding my bike a day or two later.
"The president is dead"
"How will not riding my bike make any difference"

Never really watched it with the view of an adult. It is much sadder as an adult.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Put one in.

I'm watching the JFK special.
I saw it as a 9 year old.
Saw Oswall killed live on tv.
Mostly remember some lady yelling at me for riding my bike a day or two later.
"The president is dead"
"How will not riding my bike make any difference"

Never really watched it with the view of an adult. It is much sadder as an adult.

I was 16. Just finishing gym class. Sat in POD class with the radio over the intercom. When it was announced he'd died, the teacher ran out of the classroom in tears. He was a mess. Then three days of tears.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I was 16. Just finishing gym class. Sat in POD class with the radio over the intercom. When it was announced he'd died, the teacher ran out of the classroom in tears. He was a mess. Then three days of tears.

4th grade. Some kid opened the door and yelled Kennedy is dead.
I said to the kid next to me Who?
I thought it was someone in the school who died.
We got out of school and all the moms were there to pick their kid up. All of them.
I told my mom some kid died and that is when she told me.
Yeah, the world stopped for days after that. I don't think there was school.

One of the reporters on the show on CBS said there was nothing like it until 9/11.

They also showed Martin Luther King saying how upset he was. That was weird knowing how he died the same way.

John John was turning 3 and Caroline was turning 6, both had birthdays the next week.

Yeah, this is a lot sadder to see now than as a kid.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:4th grade. Some kid opened the door and yelled Kennedy is dead.
I said to the kid next to me Who?
I thought it was someone in the school who died.
We got out of school and all the moms were there to pick their kid up. All of them.
I told my mom some kid died and that is when she told me.
Yeah, the world stopped for days after that. I don't think there was school.

One of the reporters on the show on CBS said there was nothing like it until 9/11.

They also showed Martin Luther King saying how upset he was. That was weird knowing how he died the same way.

John John was turning 3 and Caroline was turning 6, both had birthdays the next week.

Yeah, this is a lot sadder to see now than as a kid.

Trying to figure out why her suit has been sealed away for 140 years. Odd number.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Trying to figure out why her suit has been sealed away for 140 years. Odd number.

That is odd.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/national/jackie-kennedys-pink-pillbox-hat-a-missing-piece-o/nRXBt/

"In 2003, a deed of gift was secured from Caroline Kennedy, by then the sole surviving heir. She stipulated that the suit not be displayed for the life of the deed — 100 years. When it runs out in 2103, the right to display it can be renegotiated by the family, Tilley said."

2103 - 1963 = 140

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:http://www.statesman.com/news/news/national/jackie-kennedys-pink-pillbox-hat-a-missing-piece-o/nRXBt/

"In 2003, a deed of gift was secured from Caroline Kennedy, by then the sole surviving heir. She stipulated that the suit not be displayed for the life of the deed — 100 years. When it runs out in 2103, the right to display it can be renegotiated by the family, Tilley said."

2103 - 1963 = 140

Thank you Mr Bubba.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

no1 wrote:http://www.statesman.com/news/news/national/jackie-kennedys-pink-pillbox-hat-a-missing-piece-o/nRXBt/

2103 - 1963 = 140

Still seems odd. I would have through 2063 would have been sufficient.

no1

pooflady wrote:Still seems odd. I would have through 2063 would have been sufficient.

if you're a lawyer writing a multi-decade agreement, 100 years is somewhat rounder a number than 60. besides, caroline mite still be alive in 2063.

pooflady

no1 wrote:if you're a lawyer writing a multi-decade agreement, 100 years is somewhat rounder a number than 60. besides, caroline mite still be alive in 2063.

Jeez, she'd be over 100. And I wonder why in the first place.

no1

pooflady wrote:Jeez, she'd be over 100. And I wonder why in the first place.

why what?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

World is such a different place. I read about what politicians are doing now, in the papers and online, and wonder 'is this the first time this has happened, or just the first time the papers have felt they should tell the world about it?'

I think mostly the latter. Marilyn Monroe and JFK were more titillating than anything Clinton ever did, but they were never front page news because that just wasn't something that was ok to do.

From the near timeline: I was to a local flea market today and picked up a multi-piece set of this:

Fire King bakeware from the 60's. I think I'm in love.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

no1

pooflady wrote:Jeez, she'd be over 100. And I wonder why in the first place.

rose kennedy lived to 104. it's not inconceivable.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:World is such a different place. I read about what politicians are doing now, in the papers and online, and wonder 'is this the first time this has happened, or just the first time the papers have felt they should tell the world about it?'

I think mostly the latter. Marilyn Monroe and JFK were more titillating than anything Clinton ever did, but they were never front page news because that just wasn't something that was ok to do.

From the near timeline: I was to a local flea market today and picked up a multi-piece set of this:
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1390667_10201544812357168_2106739722_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1467334_10201544822677426_249123854_n.jpg

Fire King bakeware from the 60's. I think I'm in love.

Nice stuff.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Hi All,
Back from Aunt and Uncles in Panama. Both dad and I are exhausted.

Got a little closer to getting Aunt ready to retire from managing part of the mobile home park. She is funny in some ways. She has a really hard time letting go. She knows she needs to and can't do it like before. But she still doesn't want to let go. Oh well, if I can get her to let go off the most difficult ones I'll be happy. She has three tenants that owe her in excess of about $12,000 in back rent. She is still renting to them! She should just say she is running a charity to be taken advantage of by people. The really funny thing is that she is concerned that she will lose money having a property management company do the work. At least they would get the rent and not get taken advantage of by the tenants!

On a different note: I need a new printer all-in-one. What are some recommendations from our computer people? Thanks in advance. I need something that can copy, scan and print. A fax would be nice, but I do have a stand alone fax.

pooflady

no1 wrote:rose kennedy lived to 104. it's not inconceivable.

I wonder why it had to be hidden away in the first place.

pooflady

Electric's been off the last four hours. Hate that. But we dodged the tornadoes, so that's good.

pooflady

My email's taking six to eight hours to arrive at the recipient's. No clue what to do.

no1

pooflady wrote:I wonder why it had to be hidden away in the first place.

mabe they thought better of displaying mr kennedy's branes for slack jawed yokels to gawk at

pooflady

no1 wrote:mabe they thought better of displaying mr kennedy's branes for slack jawed yokels to gaw at

Probably would have been better to destroy it immediately.

no1

pooflady wrote:Probably would have been better to destroy it immediately.

mabe the intention was to preserve it for history, but not at the expense of upsetting mr. kennedy's children.

pooflady

no1 wrote:mabe the intention was to preserve it for history, but not at the expense of upsetting mr. kennedy's children.

You're probably right.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
jawsuser wrote:Hi All,

On a different note: I need a new printer all-in-one. What are some recommendations from our computer people? Thanks in advance. I need something that can copy, scan and print. A fax would be nice, but I do have a stand alone fax.

Hard to say without price range and size requirements. I prefer laser type to ink jets. They print faster and since the ink is powder no worries about ink going bad/dry. But they also cost 3-4 times inkjets. If you go monochrome tho, it drops back down.

If it can copy it will most likely fax.

Last time I had a cannon it refused to work without full blown software on the computer. And if you had the printer off it would open the program on top of what ever you were doing and scream - WHERE IS THE PRINTER! I CANT FIND IT!

So unless that is fixed I would say go for HP or Brother brands.