no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

see, if it was up to me, i would make them add a program to automagically take three pics whenever you press the button: at whatever setting you have, and one each a couple of f-stops up and down from that.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Almost time to go sign my life away!

Then my hand will hurt so much I'll want to chop it off.

cruzer

no1 wrote:see, if it was up to me, i would make them add a program to automagically take three pics whenever you press the button: at whatever setting you have, and one each a couple of f-stops up and down from that.

I'm pretty sure there are some cameras that do this.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Is anyone doing the 12 Days of Holiday Bu-ll-sh-it?

Boy, killed the thread. Sorry.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Is anyone doing the 12 Days of Holiday Bu-ll-sh-it?

Boy, killed the thread. Sorry.

What is it.

Gotta do yet another Mom day tomorrow.

Weird sight of the day:
Car on highway with a kids picnic table tied onto his roof. Going full speed (around 65 or 70). It was sliding off. He did get off , I don't know if it was to fix the load, or it was his exit.
No reason to have to use the highway to get anywhere.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:What is it.

Gotta do yet another Mom day tomorrow.

Weird sight of the day:
Car on highway with a kids picnic table tied onto his roof. Going full speed (around 65 or 70). It was sliding off. He did get off , I don't know if it was to fix the load, or it was his exit.
No reason to have to use the highway to get anywhere.

It was mentioned on Twitter by those who will not be named. It's now sold out. I'm not sure if I'm really stupid or if this is going to be fun.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
no1 wrote:see, if it was up to me, i would make them add a program to automagically take three pics whenever you press the button: at whatever setting you have, and one each a couple of f-stops up and down from that.

I think it's called framing or something like that - I used to do it when I shot my pentax manual camera - I would shoot one above and one below my settings. My pentax dslr will do it automatically if I so desire. and it'll do a whole lotta other shit that I have barely scratched the surface on lol!! I really should take a class.

Lynnzoi

oh, and evenin all. still w/o my jeep Talked boss into letting me drive the Saab home tonight - she just inherited it from her uncle - older car, still in nice shape, but not nearly as nice as her newish Audi! She was worried about driving it on the highway cuz it has a bit of a shake at higher speeds....wants to get it checked out and serviced. I told her I could handle the shake and that she needed to be driving her nice car!!

Lynnzoi

cruzer wrote:Almost time to go sign my life away!

Then my hand will hurt so much I'll want to chop it off.

then how will you be able to build another nice new deck? kinda tough, what with one hand and all.

congrats on the new love nest!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It was mentioned on Twitter by those who will not be named. It's now sold out. I'm not sure if I'm really stupid or if this is going to be fun.

Still can't find it.

edit: yep, found it. sounds like someone copied the bag idea.

Hi Lynnie!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Too cold to jog so I'm going to make coffee. Have a great day!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning! Another chilly day here, and lots to do. Weeee.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cruzer

Lynnzoi wrote:then how will you be able to build another nice new deck? kinda tough, what with one hand and all.

congrats on the new love nest!

Thanks!

I'm hoping to avoid the deck all together at this house.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Thanks!

I'm hoping to avoid the deck all together at this house.

No deck? Patio? Surely somewhere to sit outside.

edlada

quality posts: 2 Private Messages edlada
Lynnzoi wrote:I think it's called framing or something like that - I used to do it when I shot my pentax manual camera - I would shoot one above and one below my settings. My pentax dslr will do it automatically if I so desire. and it'll do a whole lotta other shit that I have barely scratched the surface on lol!! I really should take a class.

Bracketing actually. I think the most important thing about photography is knowing what to point the lens at. Take a bunch of photos using the auto settings, usually they have auto and then sport, portrait, night, etc. These modern cameras are pretty good about figuring the best exposure. Once you figure out how to frame the shot properly then you can go all geek on the manual settings. One of the best things I ever heard is to zoom with your feet first, meaning get as close as you can by moving yourself, then use the zoom on the lens. Many folks make the mistake of staying to far away from the subject whether it's with the feet or the lens. One advantage to digital cameras is you can take a few hundred shots a day and really learn quickly and cheaply (instant feedback too). Back in the day film wasn't too expensive but add the processing costs and it could get pricey quickly. I still like film better though, it just looks nicer I think. Hard to find film nowadays though.

My dogs like me, that is important.

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
edlada wrote:I think the most important thing about photography is knowing what to point the lens at.

Me too.!

I think after that I would think about lighting.

And one of these days I'll think about learning how to use my camera to it's full potential. That or learn how to use one or more flashes.

pooflady

Gas Sunday - 3.39
Monday - 3.05
Tuesday - 2.98
Wednesday - 3.39
Thursday - 3.09

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Gas Sunday - 3.39
Monday - 3.05
Tuesday - 2.98
Wednesday - 3.39
Thursday - 3.09

There was a station near mom where regular was $3.35. Haven't seen it that low in years.

Weird sight of the day:
A car, parked in front of the vet office...bumper sticker that said I love animals, they are delicious .

Why I was at the vet: I go to let Rusty in from the yard and see a baking tin from the recycling, half eaten, in the yard.
Go and check and there is a chunk missing. Really jagged and sharp.
Didn't know if it was Rusty, or a animal who ate it.
Call vet, they are in a meeting. They send me to another office. Get Xray. No aluminum in Rusty. Pay. Leave.

Woke up to the house phone broken. Which Team Fumbles??? Isn't the reliability the reason we keep a landline???
Get the rotary and go down the basement to check where the phone line comes into the house. Not working there either.
Verizon can't get here till Saturday. All day. 8am to 7pm . Fun. Calls transferred to cell.
Home phone insist that it is in use, so I unplugged all the phones but one. Still says it is in use.

Went to mom. Took 3 hours for 2 supermarkets and lunch, which we didn't get to until 4pm.

She will make me drive to endless stores because something is 15 cents cheaper. Refuses to pay full price.

pia day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Does anyone here have a one-cup coffee maker (machine?)? If so, what kind, would you get the same kind again, any problems?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Does anyone here have a one-cup coffee maker (machine?)? If so, what kind, would you get the same kind again, any problems?

I had a one cup Keurig . It was years ago. It didn't make the coffee hot enough.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

edlada wrote:Bracketing actually. I think the most important thing about photography is knowing what to point the lens at. Take a bunch of photos using the auto settings, usually they have auto and then sport, portrait, night, etc. These modern cameras are pretty good about figuring the best exposure. Once you figure out how to frame the shot properly then you can go all geek on the manual settings. One of the best things I ever heard is to zoom with your feet first, meaning get as close as you can by moving yourself, then use the zoom on the lens. Many folks make the mistake of staying to far away from the subject whether it's with the feet or the lens. One advantage to digital cameras is you can take a few hundred shots a day and really learn quickly and cheaply (instant feedback too). Back in the day film wasn't too expensive but add the processing costs and it could get pricey quickly. I still like film better though, it just looks nicer I think. Hard to find film nowadays though.

ah yes, that's it. Bracketing. I am working on partzheimers these days....there are some days I can't even remember my name. And yeah, film was/is nice, but the instant gratification of digital is wonderful

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Does anyone here have a one-cup coffee maker (machine?)? If so, what kind, would you get the same kind again, any problems?

we use the Hamilton Beach at work - pretty good little machine. Use regular ground coffee, no pods or cups.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I had a one cup Keurig . It was years ago. It didn't make the coffee hot enough.

You can choose different temperatures now.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Thinking about going to the beach for a short jog. Have missed two days in a row. It is very easy to stay in bed!

We are supposed to set up our flea market booth today. Idk how this will work out! Hubby is calling it mini storage because it is cheaper than renting storage.

Hey Fen, thought of you while I watched the Clemson-Georgia Tech game!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Thinking about going to the beach for a short jog. Have missed two days in a row. It is very easy to stay in bed!

We are supposed to set up our flea market booth today. Idk how this will work out! Hubby is calling it mini storage because it is cheaper than renting storage.

Hey Fen, thought of you while I watched the Clemson-Georgia Tech game!

Why is the bed so much more comfortable in the morning than at night?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cruzer

dontwantaname wrote:Why is the bed so much more comfortable in the morning than at night?

because you're too damn tired to know that you're uncomfortable?

pooflady

cruzer wrote:because you're too damn tired to know that you're uncomfortable?

My bed is never uncomfortable. Neither is my recliner.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:My bed is never uncomfortable. Neither is my recliner.

oooh! Recliner! I get my other recliner back soon! Yay!

pooflady

cruzer wrote:oooh! Recliner! I get my other recliner back soon! Yay!

Where's it been? And how many do you need at one time?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Where's it been? And how many do you need at one time?

I would also like to know why he needs two recliners.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

This is what ARGH had

http://www.upworthy.com/most-21-year-olds-have-a-messed-up-sense-of-humor-well-this-guy-has-an-awesome-reason-for-it-2?c=ufb1

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Yoo-hoo, anybody home?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yoo-hoo, anybody home?

Nope

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

I'm pretty sure I'm home, but I don't have much to say.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm home, but I don't have much to say.

Yeah, that's the problem. It was m-i-l day, so nothing exciting there. Hamburgers on the grill, so nothing exciting there.

Husband raked about a five-foot square patch of leaves today. He just couldn't resist, even with his knee. Did I tell you he's OCD about raking leaves? You wouldn't believe the number of people that have asked me how he's handling having all those leaves out there and not able to do anything about it.

Mavyn

I quit worrying. First leaf peak up passed, not much point in making them into piles with the next pickup two weeks away. Wind will just put them back.

Not that I worry much about them anyway.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:I quit worrying. First leaf peak up passed, not much point in making them into piles with the next pickup two weeks away. Wind will just put them back.

We don't have leaf pickup. Just rake them and bag them. And we have a humongous pin oak in the yard. Gazillion bags of leaves.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:I quit worrying. First leaf peak up passed, not much point in making them into piles with the next pickup two weeks away. Wind will just put them back.

I saw the lawn service out this week, but they didn't show up. I'm going to have to do some raking this weekend.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I saw the lawn service out this week, but they didn't show up. I'm going to have to do some raking this weekend.

In case anyone is wondering, I did at one time rake leaves. One year I and youngest son did the back corner of the yard that had leaves probably six inches deep, thinking husband would be so proud of us. We didn't do it right, there was still a leaf here and there. Even the five foot square that he raked today had not one leaf in it. Anyway, that was the last time I raked.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:In case anyone is wondering, I did at one time rake leaves. One year I and youngest son did the back corner of the yard that had leaves probably six inches deep, thinking husband would be so proud of us. We didn't do it right, there was still a leaf here and there. Even the five foot square that he raked today had not one leaf in it. Anyway, that was the last time I raked.

Sounds right to me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!