1%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO BUY UP TO 5 ITEMS ON THIS ORDER!!!!!!

that was fun while it lasted!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO BUY UP TO 5 ITEMS ON THIS ORDER!!!!!!

We're not always meanie-poopie heads!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

crash331

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crash331

You really need to buy 5 on this to make it even slightly worth it.

TJ Max and other places like that have these on sale for $10-12. Not exactly these, but assorted wooden Thomas trains.

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689

So, at least in terms of the "plain" Henry, are these the right size/coupling to invoke nostalgia for the sets I played with at the toy store as a child?

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

These also double as fantastic around the house messengers, a lot cleaner than around the house carrier pigeons.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

Very nice deal. The battery operated one is fun, too. While it doesn't move very quickly, it works perfectly fine on your wooden track, even able to go up the small inclines.

dwallace123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwallace123

We have two wooden ones that were carried outside without us knowing. They spent two days out there before being found and brought back in, and the paint is peeling and cracked from the moisture (not rain) and temperatures.

The ones that stayed inside still look great even after being bashed, dashed, and Ferdinanded against the fireplace, in the tub, etc.

Great toys, very sturdy and fun, but keep them inside.

angelabrown12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelabrown12

Will these work with other brand wooden tracks? I believe ours is imaginext from toys r us

annlister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annlister

Does it include the track?

ThunderThighs

Staff

annlister wrote:Does it include the track?

No track. Just the cars as shown.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

srschnee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srschnee
angelabrown12 wrote:Will these work with other brand wooden tracks? I believe ours is imaginext from toys r us

Our Thomas trains work with melissa & doug and Ikea track. Most of the wooden track sets are compatible with each other though sometimes they are tricky to connect. This makes the trains interchangeable as well.

tchemgrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tchemgrrl
angelabrown12 wrote:Will these work with other brand wooden tracks? I believe ours is imaginext from toys r us

Almost all of them are; we've got track from 3 or 4 different sources and all the trains and tracks are inter-compatible.

The one exception: our battery operated train sometimes falls off of curves made from different brands, but that just gives me a chance to whip out my Victor impression as I "fix" the train. No trouble pushing around the wooden ones, though.

kirrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirrill

Battery Powered Thomas is sold out

Rantipole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rantipole
srschnee wrote:Our Thomas trains work with melissa & doug and Ikea track. Most of the wooden track sets are compatible with each other though sometimes they are tricky to connect. This makes the trains interchangeable as well.

Also, Brio track is the same size.

No Percy! :-(

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
dwallace123 wrote:We have two wooden ones that were carried outside without us knowing. They spent two days out there before being found and brought back in, and the paint is peeling and cracked from the moisture (not rain) and temperatures.

The ones that stayed inside still look great even after being bashed, dashed, and Ferdinanded against the fireplace, in the tub, etc.

We call that "patina", you now have some vintage trains.

The Thomas Woot deals are GREAT! I am like a kid checking kid woot daily for Thomas

Gramma & Grampa here are heros, our grandson is thrilled!

You can not have too many Thomas trains, track, or other additions

tejo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages tejo
demon00689 wrote:So, at least in terms of the "plain" Henry, are these the right size/coupling to invoke nostalgia for the sets I played with at the toy store as a child?

Same size and coupling as the ones you played with at the store, same size and coupling as any toy store out there that has a table for kids to play with, which should tell you something about their durability. Not an awesome price, but a good price, without having to hunt for sales.

tejo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages tejo

All of the wood tracks are compatible. Some people talk about the quality, but I can't tell which ones are which anymore, target, ikea, thomas, imaginext, except some of the newer Thomas does have a street on the bottom of the track.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

I would buy these for $2 a pop straight from the source that woot is getting them, probably:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-best-baby-gift-Thomas-the-Tank-Engine-Wooden-TRAIN-CAR-LOT-OF-15-Free-shopping/444440742.html

Sure, you receive a deffective one now and then, but you can get the entire freaking set, or REQUEST the ones you want for the cost of only three here at woot. And honestly, what are you going to do with just ONE of these?

[MOD: We are selling direct from the manufacturer Learning Curve train cars. See below for more info.]

radhar13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radhar13

Thank you so much Dmaz...was just about to buy it here when I saw the tax attached...maybe I've been away for too long but never thought woot attached tax to the stuff bought here...so stopped myself from buying the 5 trains...now will go buy the whole set!

dmaz wrote:I would buy these for $2 a pop straight from the source that woot is getting them, probably:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-best-baby-gift-Thomas-the-Tank-Engine-Wooden-TRAIN-CAR-LOT-OF-15-Free-shopping/444440742.html

Sure, you receive a deffective one now and then, but you can get the entire freaking set, or REQUEST the ones you want for the cost of only three here at woot. And honestly, what are you going to do with just ONE of these?

drocpsu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drocpsu

We purchased the battery powered Thomas engine for our 2.5 year old son this Christmas and he absolutely loves it. He carries it all around the house and lets it drive all over. Like others have said, its not fast, but its strong enough to pull some cars, get up inclines, rugs, etc.

I will say though, it doesn't like sharper-radius turns in the wooden tracks, as the rubber wheels kind of get stuck mid-turn. Stick with the wider turns and you'll be all set. Also, sometimes he just plows straight through the middle of Y-splits, if you have any of those pieces.

cookiepockets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiepockets
crash331 wrote:You really need to buy 5 on this to make it even slightly worth it.

TJ Max and other places like that have these on sale for $10-12. Not exactly these, but assorted wooden Thomas trains.

I found a discontinued Rosie train with musical caboose for about $2.50 at a toy store. I usually snatch up any deals I can find. I know the double trains usually run for $17.00 even when on sale. I got myself a Henry and Emily today because they are always $20 and over at stores.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dwallace123 wrote:We have two wooden ones that were carried outside without us knowing. They spent two days out there before being found and brought back in, and the paint is peeling and cracked from the moisture (not rain) and temperatures.

Another wooter described in another thread how she repainted duplicate cars to create custom cars. Thought about doing that with the weather-damaged cars? You can sand them down and make personalized cars with your child's name.

FORUM MODERATOR

mrgrogg

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mrgrogg
dmaz wrote:I would buy these for $2 a pop straight from the source that woot is getting them, probably: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-best-baby-gift-Thomas-the-Tank-Engine-Wooden-TRAIN-CAR-LOT-OF-15-Free-shopping/444440742.html

Be very careful about dealing with Alibaba. I won't buy anything from them on principal, because I know for a fact that they don't hesitate to work with sellers of counterfeit items. The product my company makes, and which has several international patents suddenly showed up on Alibaba at bargain basement prices, sold by a counterfeiting manufacturer. We successfully sued the manufacturer into oblivion after they did hundreds of thousands of dollars damage to our name with their knock-offs, but Alibaba continually refused to take down their stuff.

One of the comments on the train collection you linked to tells me that they are probably up to it again:

These are not the original trains, as the seller noted. But the trains are still in great, new condition. Some of the colors are not exactly as the original trains, and the tenders are not always exactly the same color of the trains themselves (a little lighter color/faded color)...

If these are counterfeits (and they probably are) then you can almost bet that they've not gone through the required CPS testing. They may or may not have lead and formaldehyde and other wonderful things in their paint - you just have no way of knowing. Do you really want to take that chance with your kids?

----------
How much work could a network net if a network could net work?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dmaz wrote:I would buy these for $2 a pop straight from the source that woot is getting them, probably:

[MOD: We are selling direct from the manufacturer Learning Curve train cars. See below for more info.]

We are selling official Learning Curve trains that are licensed and meet all Federal toy regulations. We purchase directly from Learning Curve.

The link you have above states that they are selling "Brand: OEM Export,not original!!!". These are unlicensed counterfeit product. They are not required to meet our Federal toy regulations.

FORUM MODERATOR

sjharvey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjharvey

Is it normal procedure for Woot to tax the shipping fee as well as the item?

ThunderThighs

Staff

sjharvey wrote:Is it normal procedure for Woot to tax the shipping fee as well as the item?

It depends on your state's requirements but yes, most states require that we charge tax on the shipping costs as well. Sucks.

FORUM MODERATOR

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20

You can never have enough track or trains. We have a couple hundred feet of track, and more trains than I can count. Knowing you're getting the real product as opposed to something fake and potentially dangerous, these prices are outstanding.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

debbieheinonen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debbieheinonen

I'm trying to order one of each and it won't let me. Can some one please help?

debbieheinonen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debbieheinonen
bpr2 wrote:THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO BUY UP TO 5 ITEMS ON THIS ORDER!!!!!!

It will only let me buy one.When I try to put another one in the basket it takes out the one I put in before. HELP

radhar13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radhar13

If I remember right Woot never used to tax before...did the state requirement come into play recently?

ThunderThighs wrote:It depends on your state's requirements but yes, most states require that we charge tax on the shipping costs as well. Sucks.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
ThunderThighs wrote:We are selling official Learning Curve trains that are licensed and meet all Federal toy regulations. We purchase directly from Learning Curve.

The link you have above states that they are selling "Brand: OEM Export,not original!!!". These are unlicensed counterfeit product. They are not required to meet our Federal toy regulations.

I realize that. I wasn't trying to indicate that you bought directly from AliExpress. Rather, I was pointing out that your stuff is coming from the same source. Learning Curve Toys was acquired by Takara Tomy in 2011. I know for a fact that most of the suppliers on Alibaba are getting their products from the same manufacturers, primarily located in southeastern China, that Takara Tomy is. Most of Takara Tomy's public documents are dual-translated with simplfified Chinese, you can check this.
Takara Tomy, and subsequently, Learning Curve simply have a better infrastructure to provide a good marketing scheme and public image to third-hand purchasers like Woot (Amazon).
But don't think you're getting a product that is drastically different. To buy from Learning Curve, you ARE assuring that you are paying for higher quality control, which I previously mentioned. However, at that price, rolling the dice and taking them straight from the second point in the supply chain will probably pay off.

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

Has anyone received their Emily? My son pointed out that the woot! photo is that of a regular Emily, though the talking Emily is what is being sold. So which is it? Mine should arrive tomorrow, but I'm slightly impatient ;)

TravCleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravCleek
MissBehaving wrote:Has anyone received their Emily? My son pointed out that the woot! photo is that of a regular Emily, though the talking Emily is what is being sold. So which is it? Mine should arrive tomorrow, but I'm slightly impatient ;)

I recieved mine today. I actually thought I ordered a Henry and a Emily, but received two Emilys. However, my orders both show that I ordered both Emilys... I'm not perfect, but I was quite certain I ordered a Henry and Emily.

So, my Emilys that I received do not talk... take batteries... and they do not have a working headlamp.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

TravCleek wrote:I recieved mine today. I actually thought I ordered a Henry and a Emily, but received two Emilys. However, my orders both show that I ordered both Emilys... I'm not perfect, but I was quite certain I ordered a Henry and Emily.

So, my Emilys that I received do not talk... take batteries... and they do not have a working headlamp.

Sorry for the late reply.
It sounds like there is a possible mix-up with your order?

Feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help sort out this situation for you.

srschnee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srschnee
MissBehaving wrote:Has anyone received their Emily? My son pointed out that the woot! photo is that of a regular Emily, though the talking Emily is what is being sold. So which is it? Mine should arrive tomorrow, but I'm slightly impatient ;)

Received my Emily today and was very disappointed that it is not the talking one I ordered. I have an email in with customer service. Hopefully they will make it right!

MissBehaving

What does woot! have to say about people receiving Emilys that do NOT talk when they were promoted as being Emilys that talked and had working headlamps? Are people receiving both kinds or just the non-talking version?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Sorry for the problem with the mute Emily. I'm contacting customer service and the buyer so we can figure out what's going on.

FORUM MODERATOR

MissBehaving

I just received my Emily and it is the non-talking version. The photo was correct but the description was incorrect, and I went by the written description when ordering, assuming it would be correct.

I told my kid he would have to be happy with whichever Emily came, but he's still a little sad. Woot! needs to apologize for their mistake.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

hello folks,
if you purchased the (not) talking Emily and you've got questions, please email Support@Woot.com so we can assist.

i'm very sorry for the disappointment and hassle.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.