3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

$19.95 on Amazon w/ free shipping for Prime Users.

http://www.amazon.com/Mobi-70185-Tykelight-Glomate/dp/B005LIEMV4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323583325&sr=8-1

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

bbbethhh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bbbethhh

I bought this for my daughter some time ago when woot had them on. The one we have is not rechargable though. My daughter is 7 and loves this as a nightlight and a "turn off all the lights and hide in the closet watching the colors change" toy. It's cute, small, plastic and lights up. What else is there in life?

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

I had been waiting and waiting for the ones with the charging base and finally gave up and bought the ones with batteries in May. Figures! Guess those ones will be gifted!

These are good lights in the car, but they are brighter than the original Tyke Jr. ones I have. Almost too bright. You can't put them on color cycle and expect not to distract the driver into thinking he should pull over for the Mobi Cops.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Similar MOBI light from before, but not $7.99 since not same product

http://kids.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4354296

However, I think this is today's product's webpage:
http://www.getmobi.com/prod_desc.php?prod_id=67&id=3

with manual:
http://www.getmobi.com/pdf/70185_glomate_inst_eng_sp.pdf

amterpstra

quality posts: 4 Private Messages amterpstra

With batteries they are awesome. Rechargeable? I swooned a little. My kids LOVE these! I have Wooted them twice because our 2-year-old "puppy" chewed the head off of the first two. My 24-year-old stepson drew faces on two of the next three I Wooted...scared the crap out of my 3-year-old. He carried the blank face replacement around constantly for over a month to protect it. In, in, in for three!!

It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right. ~ Wootin' since 2005 and lovin' it!

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet

Love the GloMate, not a fan of the battery operated ones: when they fall, and that's pretty likely if you have kids and what not, the triangle on the bottom that holds the batteries in breaks off very easily. At that point, you can either duct tape it (unsafe) or throw it away because that's all she wrote.

Get this one with the rechargeable stand instead. It will last longer. Very soothing to drift off to, even for us Olds.

rileyper

quality posts: 68 Private Messages rileyper

oh god they've gone wireless, this is just how the robot apocalypse begins

pkagel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pkagel

This would serve well as an emergency light also with it's instant on upon loss of AC feature.

waterbaby2086

quality posts: 6 Private Messages waterbaby2086

I just bought one of these the other day at Walmart. Plugged it in till the light turned green on the charging base. Went to activate it and it WOULD NOT TURN ON!! It does Nothing! I was so sad, since I had really wanted this for my toddler who pulls out nightlights from the sockets. Haven't gotten a chance to return it yet. When I put it back on the base, the green light lites up as if its charged but when I push the button on the bottom of the Mobi it doesn't do anything and I can't find any info about a reset button of any kind. Very Disappointing

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Can't find video of exact same product, not sure if this will help for the Plus model:

trjrich

quality posts: 4 Private Messages trjrich

I just purchased three for my youngest grandchildren. Since they all have the plug in night lights this should be a fun addition to their rooms. Moms should be able to put out of their reach unlike the plugs ins that seem to draw their attention.

chibistar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chibistar

I had thought this was originally a fantastic idea for my three year old however it broke very shortly after we got it. The actual insides aren't seated or sealed in the plastic unit, only glued in two spots so it easily comes out. Be care with this if you give it to your child.

mrclm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrclm

We have one that uses batteries & our 2 year old LOVES this thing. So I really wish I had known there was a rechargeable version.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

BTW the battery sucking version was $6.99 for a two-pack from woot in May. So it is more than double the price for the charging base, but you balance that with the cost of batteries. I go for the charging base.

These are also great for Trick-or-Treating lights as well. Put them in the treat buckets and they glow up the neighborhood!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

What's the difference between the GloMate and the GloMate Plus? The plus is $21.99 over at toysrus.com

------------------
I Bet on Sky

msharkin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msharkin

My kids adore this light. The battery version is terrible. Falls apart. But this rechargeable is awesome. It goes on when you pick it up (or with power loss) and goes off in 15 minutes OR can be left on all night. The blue, green, and color change are way too bright for a constant nightlight, so we use the red.
It's on every night in our house, for at least 12 hours and often longer (no, they don't sleep that long). The red generally burns out after a year of use. So we get another. Two, at this price.

jensschuetz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jensschuetz
miken927 wrote:What's the difference between the GloMate and the GloMate Plus? The plus is $21.99 over at toysrus.com

Plus is BPA free according to the specs at Amazon

msharkin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msharkin
miken927 wrote:What's the difference between the GloMate and the GloMate Plus? The plus is $21.99 over at toysrus.com

The Glomate's base has a small charge-indicator light; the Glomate Plus has a much more dominant charge-indicator light that goes around the whole base.

Also, the Glomate has a much better color-change cycle, while the Glomate Plus has more subtle, less impressive color change cycle.

Both are BPA-free, but Glomate and its packaging pre-date the "BPA-free" labeling trend. The Glomate Plus is the newer model, but not what you're getting with this Woot.

angelam16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelam16

I have the battery version from previous woot. My kids love them and have broken one as well (knocked the bottom circle into the body of the unit). You talked me into rechargeables!!

caton3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caton3

These things are cool. We've had some (earlier, non color changing version) that have lasted for years. Finally, they just stop recharging. Then you can give them a decent burial, or use them in some kid's diorama (abominable snowman?)

Bruceandjoannedean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bruceandjoannedean

Well my question is.... Does that box mean we are too late for Xmas or does it mean the the X over that is not too late for Xmas?

FidosWifey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FidosWifey
Bruceandjoannedean wrote:Well my question is.... Does that box mean we are too late for Xmas or does it mean the the X over that is not too late for Xmas?

That means its too late, wont arrive by Christmas.. if you notice the other woot items, shipped ground the icon states it'll arrive in time.. Lol, Just another great joy of freaking smartpost Lol..

Shauna Fiducioso

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional

The Kinderglo brand ones are 100X cuter, but a few bucks more. For me the cuteness factor was worth it, so I can't say anything about this mobi but if your thinking about getting it look up the kinderglo first.

stique

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stique

My son loves his Glomate so do visiting kids. I'm glad I bought the 2 pack from Woot a couple years ago. I've seen this version in stores a few times, but it wasn't worth the $25 at the time. I'm hoping the it's the same one I was looking at that has an auto-shut-off for every color mode.

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002
D3lusional wrote:The Kinderglo brand ones are 100X cuter, but a few bucks more. For me the cuteness factor was worth it, so I can't say anything about this mobi but if your thinking about getting it look up the kinderglo first.

I agree and my son is on his 2nd MOOSE Kinderglo night light in under 30 days. The Blue LED quit after about 5 days. If you do buy, buy from AMAZON so you can return free of charge. From the reviews, both seem problematic but the MOBI brand seems to have better build quality.

I'm debating buying 2 or 3 of these anticipating that the $24.95 Kinderglo that we have now will break as the last one did; you can't get these MOBI TykeLights for even double this price... DECISIONS, DECISIONS!!!

I just keep buying more and more crap...

shevis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shevis

We have owned four of these things, and every single one broke. The recharging mechanism simply stopped working, some after only a few days. My kids were heartbroken. So we replaced them with the version that plugs directly into the wall. It works and looks like a traditional nightlight, except it's shaped like a freaky white blob dude. You still have the option to choose the color light, but you can't carry it around with you. This version works out much better for us.

nudave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nudave

Anyone know if it will arrive by Christmas?

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

Might want to consider the red colour because blue and green (especially blue) are colours that tend to disrupt sleep.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
nudave wrote:Anyone know if it will arrive by Christmas?

The "too late" logo on the main page says its probably too risky to guarantee delivery by xmas. If its being shipped by smartpost, that can indeed be very slow.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jimmygrec

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimmygrec

I got this for my daughter a few years ago and she loves the little guy / guys; I am on my third. Here is the low down. They do have a fairly high first month out of box failure rate. But the company replaces with no question; at least they did for me. They are very well built from a safety standpoint. The plastic is very thick you could probably stand on it without breaking it. They also appear to be fairly electrical shock safe. The guy who had one with a base that fell out must have had a defective one; when the first one broke I tried to fix it but could not even get the base off. I even used big tools and ended up mutilating the bottom.

The electronics are cheap, if you have one that stops working and is out of warrantee, smack it around a little before and after you push the power button, I kept one going for a year this way until the battery would not hold a full night charge anymore. We do keep it on all night long so it had a shorter life. It’s probably best to think of it as a sudo-disposable product.

It’s not a great product but my kid really loves the thing and I feel safe letting her handle & abuse it. Plus it’s also a lot less shocking to be woken up to the soft blue glow rather than the room light when she decides to visit mommy and daddy at 2AM.

Definitely worth it for this price, even worth getting two for WHEN the first one will fail.

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

Can't help but wonder aloud why one would want/need a rechargeable nightlight rather than a regular, plug-in one?

Wholesaleforless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wholesaleforless

According to Walmart.com (where these are roughly $2 more plus tax when one is purchased), the plus has a lion-rechargeable battery (whereas the non-plus has a regular rechargeable battery).

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

MOBI TykeLight GloMate Rechargeable Night Light has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

sweetcuda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetcuda

I bought this and received it. It was under the tree and just got to plug it in and it is not working, not charging, or showing indicator that the item is on teh charger the only thing that lights up is the green light on the plug that is on the wall. What do I do in order to get a replacement one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sweetcuda wrote:I bought this and received it. It was under the tree and just got to plug it in and it is not working, not charging, or showing indicator that the item is on teh charger the only thing that lights up is the green light on the plug that is on the wall. What do I do in order to get a replacement one.

Sorry about the problem with your MOBI. You have two options since it was DOA:

1) Email service@woot.com. They can arrange an RMA. The problem is that if they don't have any on hand, it will have to be for a refund. Since we often sell until stock is gone, this may be the case.

2) This has a 90-day warranty through MOBI. You can contact them via the information provided in the packaging or through their website: http://getmobi.com/

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n
sweetcuda wrote:I bought this and received it. It was under the tree and just got to plug it in and it is not working, not charging, or showing indicator that the item is on teh charger the only thing that lights up is the green light on the plug that is on the wall. What do I do in order to get a replacement one.

One of my 3 was also DOA with the same symptoms, tried one of the other chargers and yup, dead. Email sent to service@woot to see what kind of woot magic they can do. At least the recipient is only 9 months old so he won't be missing it.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n
pengu1n wrote:One of my 3 was also DOA with the same symptoms, tried one of the other chargers and yup, dead. Email sent to service@woot to see what kind of woot magic they can do. At least the recipient is only 9 months old so he won't be missing it.

Replacement on the way. Thanks Woot!

alanforrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanforrest

Ours worked for 2 days, then quit. It seems to be charging just fine, but is non-functional otherwise. It will almost cost more to send it in for warranty work/replacement than the original purchase. What a disappointment.